Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Non-Thoroughbred Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
Les Bois

Default hambo/haskell double

does anyone know if they are having the hambo/haskell double bet this yr? Chance for the lowest paying double in history, if anyone has a colt that can beat Dewey please let me know, and Big Brown? but if they do get beat hold on to your hat ....
Old 07-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Flemington

For what it's worth I saw one of the hosts/handicappers of the Monmouth Meadowlands circuit at Monmouth this past Sunday. I asked him about the Hambo and he was touting Crazed chances. As far as the Haskell goes, it's BB's race to lose. But then again so was the Belmont.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:21 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrasi
does anyone know if they are having the hambo/haskell double bet this yr? Chance for the lowest paying double in history, if anyone has a colt that can beat Dewey please let me know, and Big Brown? but if they do get beat hold on to your hat ....
I agree. It should be a Dewey/BB win easily, but there is some opportunity if you can find someone that can beat either of them.
Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrasi
NYT is reporting that the will pay for the DD is $3.60, which I think is a huge blessing...