Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Default Oh No! Not our beloved JJ, bunch of clowns

We heard on the ESPN Board non stop about how great of a player and person JJ Redick was, now take a look at this

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=2482061

I hold no fantasies that these are good people and the Duke thing is a facade, for you clowns that believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 AM
The Curragh

this doesnt mean he isnt a great/good person
Old 06-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
this doesnt mean he isnt a great/good person

Yeah, sure, he tried to avoid a checkpoint, he could have killed someone....
Old 06-13-2006, 11:34 AM
oracle80

Guy screwed up. It doesnt make him a bad guy, but geez, with the draft approaching and your potential financial future with it, what the hell was he doing? Like he couldnt have gotten someone to give him a lift?
Old 06-13-2006, 12:12 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Im in no position to judge. I just hope he learns his lesson from this. Most people do not learn. Repeat DUI and DWI offenders are all too common.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Del Mar

Why anybody drives drunk is beyond me, with so many other options available: Get a ride with a sober person, take a taxi, walk, sleep over or just dont drink in the first place. I dont think this will affect his draft nor does it mean he is a bad person, but stupid nonetheless.

Do they have this on tape like they did Bob Huggins? That video was hilarious.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
We heard on the ESPN Board non stop about how great of a player and person JJ Redick was, now take a look at this

I hold no fantasies that these are good people and the Duke thing is a facade, for you clowns that believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
Man, who are you to make this kid out to be a demon for one mistake??? Ever been to college? Wow, a college kid having a bit too much to drink and making a stupid mistake....why, we should execute him at high noon! Gorram hypocrite, I hope you look as closely in your own back yard!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:13 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost
Man, who are you to make this kid out to be a demon for one mistake??? Ever been to college? Wow, a college kid having a bit too much to drink and making a stupid mistake....why, we should execute him at high noon! Gorram hypocrite, I hope you look as closely in your own back yard!
Somer people tend to forget that famous athletes like Reddick are just kids. He'd have to do quite a bit worse to equal my insane shanigans at his age!!
Old 06-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Del Mar

He is a very easy target for those people who hate Duke and the fact that Reddick is so great on the court. Look at how those awful Maryland fans treat this kid, they spit on him and throw stuff at him. All for what, being great?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Relax Sally,

I am a huge UC Bearcat fan and the crap I have had to listen to is rediculous. Yes I went to College and graduated, I can have whatever opinion I want. I have had to listen to this stuff non-stop about how bad UC kids are bad an thugs, some are, some aren't, but why the Duke's of this world get put on a pedestal and are allowed to make mistakes is beyond me. If this was a kid from the University of Cincinnati Basketball Team, we would hear all kinds of stuff, but if it's a golden boy from Duke, oh he made a mistake. I think it's hilarious that he got caught, this stuff goes on all of the time and these supposed Golden Boys at Duke are no worse or better than anyone else. I hate Duke and they are nothing, but a bunch of phonies. I don't think he's a bad person, that was in part to get a rise out of people. I still remember when TurdBucket told us that JJ was a good kid, listened to Gospel Music, wrote poetry, I mean what would TB say Now,lol. According to TB, JJ's feces probably could have cured AIDS and Cancer. I love it, this proves my point all of the Duke loving clowns that have slung garbage for years, has one of their beloved, if not most beloved players, acting like a UC Basketball player, but oh the golden boy just made a mistake and UC players are a bunch of Thugs.

He's not a bad kid or person, but just goes to show you that he's no different than any other College Basketball player and not some golden boy to be put up on a pedestal.

Someone better put an All Points Bulletin for Dookie V, I am sure he's crushed, lol.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Somer people tend to forget that famous athletes like Reddick are just kids. He'd have to do quite a bit worse to equal my insane shanigans at his age!!
My god yes....I'd hate to have my college activities examined that closely! This kid has demonstrated nothing but class his entire college career, there are no angels in this world, just us humans. He made a mistake and I suspect he will face the consequences like the man he is...people who salivate at the very idea that someone might be less than perfect are almost always compensating for their own failures.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Relax Sally,

I am a huge UC Bearcat fan and the crap I have had to listen to is rediculous. Yes I went to College and graduated, I can have whatever opinion I want. I have had to listen to this stuff non-stop about how bad UC kids are bad an thugs, some are, some aren't, but why the Duke's of this world get put on a pedestal and are allowed to make mistakes is beyond me. If this was a kid from the University of Cincinnati Basketball Team, we would hear all kinds of stuff, but if it's a golden boy from Duke, oh he made a mistake. I think it's hilarious that he got caught, this stuff goes on all of the time and these supposed Golden Boys at Duke are no worse or better than anyone else. I hate Duke and they are nothing, but a bunch of phonies. I don't think he's a bad person, that was in part to get a rise out of people. I still remember when TurdBucket told us that JJ was a good kid, listened to Gospel Music, wrote poetry, I mean what would TB say Now,lol. According to TB, JJ's feces probably could have cured AIDS and Cancer. I love it, this proves my point all of the Duke loving clowns that have slung garbage for years, has one of their beloved, if not most beloved players, acting like a UC Basketball player, but oh the golden boy just made a mistake and UC players are a bunch of Thugs.

He's not a bad kid or person, but just goes to show you that he's no different than any other College Basketball player and not some golden boy to be put up on a pedestal.

Someone better put an All Points Bulletin for Dookie V, I am sure he's crushed, lol.
You can have whatever opinion you want...and so can I. It happens to be my opinion that you are an idiot! How's that Bertha?
Old 06-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
You can have whatever opinion you want...and so can I. It happens to be my opinion that you are an idiot! How's that Bertha?

Yeah, I am an idiot, I make very valid points and you resort to name calling...
Old 06-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Woodbine

Default I hate PUKE

I don't call them Duke anymore. JJ is a great college player and will probably have a decent NBA career as a "Steve Kerr" type.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:45 PM
The Curragh

The power of alcohol - cunning it is. Makes people say and do things they would not do without it in their system.

I don't know anything about the power alcohol has (uh hum, excuse me my nose is growing at a rapid rate)
Old 06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
The Curragh

the only drinking I did in college

one shot of jager after winning a poker tournament and buying a round

one pint of some dark ale on grad night from UofW
Old 06-13-2006, 03:57 PM
The Curragh

other than that the other times ive drank in my life have been

wine at church during communion

raspeberry martini at a swanky party with my then girlfriend Ashley

im sure there is probably 1 or 2 more instances of having a sip of something here and there
Old 06-13-2006, 05:16 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by whorstman
I don't call them Duke anymore. JJ is a great college player and will probably have a decent NBA career as a "Steve Kerr" type.
If Ben Gordon can be a great 6th man, so can JJ!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Randwyck

Default Dick Vitale

I can hear Dickie V saying "NOT MY DOOKIE!!!!!" - LOL!

Last edited by Crown@club : 06-13-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:51 PM

Quote:

You accused me of resorting to name-calling...this is your initial post, I believe "you clowns" fits under the catagory of name-calling! Don't accuse me of starting something that you clearly did! If I'm a "clown", you are an "idiot"...quid pro quo!