Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2022, 09:54 PM
Keeneland

Dare I say this country would be better if every state was like New Jersey?
Old 05-25-2022, 09:58 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Dare I say this country would be better if every state was like New Jersey?

New Jersey’s distinction as the safest state in the U.S. in our rankings is in large part due to its runaway score in the law enforcement officers per capita category, which is over 100% greater than the national average.
Old 05-25-2022, 09:59 PM
Belmont Park

Defund the Police
Old 05-25-2022, 10:52 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Defund the Police
New Jersey has the third lowest rate of gun death’s per 100,000 population. Your response to a massacre of children is to complain about the difficulties of obtaining a gun there. And then deciding to change the subject to policing.

Like I said. These incidents don’t change attitudes. They harden them.

Gun culture is endemic.
Old 05-25-2022, 11:13 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
New Jersey has the third lowest rate of gun death’s per 100,000 population. Your response to a massacre of children is to complain about the difficulties of obtaining a gun there. And then deciding to change the subject to policing.

Like I said. These incidents don’t change attitudes. They harden them.

Gun culture is endemic.
In Freddy’s slight defense he was seeing double for the last few hours. He’s a good man at heart.

His politics suck but he’s a really good guy.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:07 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
In NJ you have to purchase a firearms license. You have to go to the police station, you have to fill out a comprehensive series of documents, you have to get your fingers prints, you have to send a mental health survey to 3 NON-family members that certify your being, at which time after all the documents are received in good standing, the police chief in the jurisdiction evaluates the applications and certify's that you are eligible to own a firearm. Now after you have that card which documents who you are where you live etc. you can go to a dealer and purchase a long gun, not to be confused with a pistol...Pistols are a WAY different process. If you want a handgun you have to apply separately and only 3 permits are issued per request(for 90 days). Now if you want an "assault rifle" the definition of which I have no FN clue FYI do you really think a criminal gives a rat's ass about the laws? My handguns (I have several) can not have more than 10 rounds, do you really think a criminal gives a rat's ass about how many rounds are in his gun? I am going to stick up or carjack Jay but I better only have 10 rds in my Glock? lol

Evil sick demented people kill their grandmother and slaughter children...It's not the gun, or knife or ovens they gas you in it's just sick people... Our government drones people to death sometimes they kill the "bad" guy sometimes they kill the bad guy and a couple of innocent people that happen to be in the way. It is all demented
Or you can go to a Gun Show in PA and buy from a Private seller.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:08 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Defund the Police
Since you are asking technical questions. What exactly does Defund the police mean?
Old 05-26-2022, 07:17 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Or you can go to a Gun Show in PA and buy from a Private seller.
Why bother going to Pa if you arent going to be compliant with laws? Just buy a gun on the street. As you are aware the cities that have the most strict regulations on guns have the highest incidents of gun violence. Australia has more guns in the country today after they banned them. You don't have to like the second amendment you just have to either leave the country to the one you like better or amend the constitution. Criminals are going to be criminals and I am not asking nor do I care how anyone feels about how I deem it appropriate to exercise my god-given rights to arm myself.
Old 05-26-2022, 07:18 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Since you are asking technical questions. What exactly does Defund the police mean?
It means to withdraw funds
Old 05-26-2022, 07:55 AM
Keeneland

Strange how conservatives are so passionate about life before it’s actually born and then have such a cavalier attitude about it after it’s born.

Rational people: “We’re the only nation in the world who has school shootings, something has to change.”

Conservatives: “Don’t touch my guns. Everything is fine. Thoughts and prayers.”

Rational people: “We in the midst of a pandemic. Please wear a mask to do your part.”

Conservatives: “This is a plandemic. I have my rights. I’d rather roll the dice on peoples lives than be a tiny bit inconvenienced by wearing a piece of fabric on my face. Thoughts and prayers.”

Did I miss anything?
Old 05-26-2022, 09:03 AM
Belmont Park

I am hardly a conservative. While GOP is not the answer to all problems, we know Liberals are the cause of most situations. I voted for democrats my whole adult life. I voted for Clinton, Obama (twice), etc.

Masks are a complete lie. I speak with doc's everyday 85% of them laugh at the "science" There is none. It's about control. Fear is the coin of the realm for liberals.

The left, the far left, is imploding. It eats its own, and nobody is safe.

I have been raised in a family that has always supported a women's right to choose. Safe and rare, not as a means of birth control not past the first trimester save when the women's life is at risk.

4x African American abortions to white women aren't OK...

And yes, you cant elect to take away any god-given rights and call it America.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:08 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
I am hardly a conservative. While GOP is not the answer to all problems, we know Liberals are the cause of most situations. I voted for democrats my whole adult life. I voted for Clinton, Obama (twice), etc.

Masks are a complete lie. I speak with doc's everyday 85% of them laugh at the "science" There is none. It's about control. Fear is the coin of the realm for liberals.

The left, the far left, is imploding. It eats its own, and nobody is safe.

I have been raised in a family that has always supported a women's right to choose. Safe and rare, not as a means of birth control not past the first trimester save when the women's life is at risk.

4x African American abortions to white women aren't OK...

And yes, you cant elect to take away any god-given rights and call it America.
"God Given rights"
Old 05-26-2022, 09:26 AM
Keeneland

Ugh…Freddy.

Don’t say you’re not a conservative and then give me every single Tucker Carlson talking point.

First, spare me your bulls.hit about what 85% of doctors say. The point was…conservative men are hyper sensitive about abortion but can’t bother to be inconvenienced to wear a mask if it meant possibly saving some lives.

It’s just like your stance on guns. You’re basically saying thoughts and prayers. You don’t want to be inconvenienced at all, even if it means saving lives.

It’s cool. I know you’re a good guy. But if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

We have a gun problem in this country. We have a mental health problem in this country. Anyone who has read the Secret Oath thread can attest to that.

Until as a country we care more about fixing those two problems and less about our “god given rights” we will continue to have parents burying their children. We will continue to have supermarkets shot up. We will continue to have churches shot up.

Thoughts and prayers haven’t worked. Time to try something else.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:09 AM
Santa Anita

No, Freddy. *Human beings* kill their grandmother (although this shooter's grandmother is still alive) and slaughter children. Not monsters. People. People we work and go to school with. It's a cop-out to act like he's an other because 1) it dodges the point that this is a bigger problem and 2) it makes it easy to act like it's done and not anything we need to take responsibility for societally in preventing. Dehumanizing the shooter just makes it all the more likely to happen again. People can do great things and terrible things. We're not a trope, we're have choices and need to take ownership.

We CAN do something about things like this and fighting for your country doesn't only involve people in the military. Fighting for what this country stands for involves laws and words, not guns, contrary to popular conservative belief. 80% of these mass shooters have domestic violence in their backgrounds, often killing a female family member right before they go on a rampage. Anybody gonna take a stand to protect women or--- just kidding, of course they're not. They're too busy trying to throw women in jail for miscarriages. People have a right to own guns? Well I think parents have a right for their children to come home alive. Gonna protect that one?

As for criminals not carrying about laws, if the laws didn't matter we wouldn't have'em in the first place meaning murder would be legal which is just dumb and you know it. Also, the guns coming into Chicago wouldn't be from states like Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, etc if gun regulation didn't work--they gotta get em from places that are lax so maybe don't be? Weird how even if drugs are a problem in this country we still somehow are able to clamp down on a lot of medications to the point that even folks with prescriptions are getting treated like drug addicts. We manage when we want to. We have a bunch of laws in place and we're not not passing them because a criminal isn't gonna consult the statutes. One person put together a sloppy shoe bomb and from then on we gotta take our shoes off forever more to get on a plane, and cars require a ton of stuff like insurance and a driver's license, but a bunch of common sense things like licensing for a gun are a step too far? A bunch of shootings should lead to change and nothing wrong with regulation.

Spoiler alert, Freddy, if the gov't wanted to take you out they could do it. No gun in anybody's pocket is gonna protect them. The only people threatening anybody's sense of safety or rights right now are the people storming the Capitol or controlling a woman's body or telling trans people they don't get to be who they are or saying we can't talk about racism or being gay. Lotta overlap with the 'need m'guns' crowd. They're not the victims, they're the aggressors.

A gun isn't about protecting yourself, it's about power and control. It's the same reason anybody gets upset if their position in a racial/wealth hierarchy is under threat. That's the only reason to explain the rage.
Old 05-26-2022, 10:58 AM
Detroit Race Course

Very nice tribute, Steve.
If one picture is worth a thousand words, I can't add anything here.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:24 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
No, Freddy. *Human beings* kill their grandmother (although this shooter's grandmother is still alive) and slaughter children. Not monsters. People. People we work and go to school with. It's a cop-out to act like he's an other because 1) it dodges the point that this is a bigger problem and 2) it makes it easy to act like it's done and not anything we need to take responsibility for societally in preventing. Dehumanizing the shooter just makes it all the more likely to happen again. People can do great things and terrible things. We're not a trope, we're have choices and need to take ownership.

We CAN do something about things like this and fighting for your country doesn't only involve people in the military. Fighting for what this country stands for involves laws and words, not guns, contrary to popular conservative belief. 80% of these mass shooters have domestic violence in their backgrounds, often killing a female family member right before they go on a rampage. Anybody gonna take a stand to protect women or--- just kidding, of course they're not. They're too busy trying to throw women in jail for miscarriages. People have a right to own guns? Well I think parents have a right for their children to come home alive. Gonna protect that one?

As for criminals not carrying about laws, if the laws didn't matter we wouldn't have'em in the first place meaning murder would be legal which is just dumb and you know it. Also, the guns coming into Chicago wouldn't be from states like Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, etc if gun regulation didn't work--they gotta get em from places that are lax so maybe don't be? Weird how even if drugs are a problem in this country we still somehow are able to clamp down on a lot of medications to the point that even folks with prescriptions are getting treated like drug addicts. We manage when we want to. We have a bunch of laws in place and we're not not passing them because a criminal isn't gonna consult the statutes. One person put together a sloppy shoe bomb and from then on we gotta take our shoes off forever more to get on a plane, and cars require a ton of stuff like insurance and a driver's license, but a bunch of common sense things like licensing for a gun are a step too far? A bunch of shootings should lead to change and nothing wrong with regulation.

Spoiler alert, Freddy, if the gov't wanted to take you out they could do it. No gun in anybody's pocket is gonna protect them. The only people threatening anybody's sense of safety or rights right now are the people storming the Capitol or controlling a woman's body or telling trans people they don't get to be who they are or saying we can't talk about racism or being gay. Lotta overlap with the 'need m'guns' crowd. They're not the victims, they're the aggressors.

A gun isn't about protecting yourself, it's about power and control. It's the same reason anybody gets upset if their position in a racial/wealth hierarchy is under threat. That's the only reason to explain the rage.
While I respect your opinion and your right to a voice I disagree with the premises of 100% of the above.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:32 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Ugh…Freddy.

Don’t say you’re not a conservative and then give me every single Tucker Carlson talking point.

First, spare me your bulls.hit about what 85% of doctors say. The point was…conservative men are hyper sensitive about abortion but can’t bother to be inconvenienced to wear a mask if it meant possibly saving some lives.

It’s just like your stance on guns. You’re basically saying thoughts and prayers. You don’t want to be inconvenienced at all, even if it means saving lives.

It’s cool. I know you’re a good guy. But if you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem.

We have a gun problem in this country. We have a mental health problem in this country. Anyone who has read the Secret Oath thread can attest to that.

Until as a country we care more about fixing those two problems and less about our “god given rights” we will continue to have parents burying their children. We will continue to have supermarkets shot up. We will continue to have churches shot up.

Thoughts and prayers haven’t worked. Time to try something else.
I raise money from doctors I speak with them for hours each day masks are a joke.

FYI I have a trans child

Dan Bongino talking points not tucker but I like tucker he hates all the politicians like me
Old 05-26-2022, 11:41 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
I raise money from doctors I speak with them for hours each day masks are a joke.

FYI I have a trans child

Dan Bongino talking points not tucker but I like tucker he hates all the politicians like me
Bongino might be the worst one. He makes Tucker seem rational.

What kind of doctors are you talking to? Either way, you know what I'm saying Freddy. It's the attitude and hypocrisy.

Conservative men can't pretend they care about an issue like abortion, if they don't give a sh.it about life once it is born.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:59 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Bongino might be the worst one. He makes Tucker seem rational.

What kind of doctors are you talking to? Either way, you know what I'm saying Freddy. It's the attitude and hypocrisy.

Conservative men can't pretend they care about an issue like abortion, if they don't give a sh.it about life once it is born.
All specialties very few concur that masks save an N95 have any utility it's all for show.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
All specialties very few concur that masks save an N95 have any utility it's all for show.
But they wear them for surgeries so….

I know you understand the point I’m making. Being obtuse works for Vic. Don’t be like him.