5'8".. but all man!

Default Duke/Davidson

Come on Curry....light that ass up
Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
Come on Curry....light that ass up
I'd love to see Curry go for 50 in a loss.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 01-07-2009, 06:09 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
I'd love to see Curry go for 50 in a loss.

Come KG....have a heart man.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I love Steph as much as anybody, but Davidson has no chance tonight.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
I love Steph as much as anybody, but Davidson has no chance tonight.

I know they don't, but it's against my religion to root for Duke
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
I know they don't, but it's against my religion to root for Duke
And it's against mine to go against them. I don't always think they are that good (I don't think they are a top 5 team this year) but I never root against them.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
And it's against mine to go against them. I don't always think they are that good (I don't think they are a top 5 team this year) but I never root against them.
Really? What five teams are better than Duke this year?
Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Really? What five teams are better than Duke this year?
UNC
UConn
Oklahoma

Ok, after giving it some thought, maybe they are. I think they are right with Pitt.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
UNC
UConn
Oklahoma

Ok, after giving it some thought, maybe they are. I think they are right with Pitt.
Duke's way better than Oklahoma. The other three you mentioned may have cases, but Duke has to be considered top five.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Goodwood

Poll: has Davidson "done enough" to get an at-large if by some fluke they lose in the SoCon final?

It'd be close but I'd have to say yes right now- they pass the smell test and have a marquee win @ West Virginia.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
Poll: has Davidson "done enough" to get an at-large if by some fluke they lose in the SoCon final?

It'd be close but I'd have to say yes right now- they pass the smell test and have a marquee win @ West Virginia.
Really depends how they do in conference. If they finish with 1 loss or less and then lose the championship game to Charleston they should be safe thanks to the All American and the run last year. Lose a couple in league and it gets a little more dicey. Finishing the year with one top 100 win makes it tough.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:45 PM
Sha Tin

I dont think that Curry is that good. feel free to flame me....
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Fairgrounds

Curry's that good, but doesn't have the supporting cast he had last year..... so he's basically in the same position that Jordan was in his first few years with the Bulls..... he scores 40, but if nobody else pitches in, you lose.

unless they have a total collapse, they'll get in the NCAA's, but will not be anywhere near the danger they were to the top teams last year.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I dont think that Curry is that good. feel free to flame me....
I can't flame you if you don't back up your argument with anything.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I can't flame you if you don't back up your argument with anything.
I think he is a one dimensional guy who is a fine college player but wont be much of a factor at the next level. Intangibles and all those other things people talk about rarely translate in the NBA.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkniska
Curry's that good, but doesn't have the supporting cast he had last year..... so he's basically in the same position that Jordan was in his first few years with the Bulls..... he scores 40, but if nobody else pitches in, you lose.

unless they have a total collapse, they'll get in the NCAA's, but will not be anywhere near the danger they were to the top teams last year.
You should smash your left hand with a hammer for putting Jordan in this discussion.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I think he is a one dimensional guy who is a fine college player but wont be much of a factor at the next level. Intangibles and all those other things people talk about rarely translate in the NBA.
I think he's far from one dimensional but I agree his game won't translate great to the NBA. He's a very good college point guard and a great college shooting guard but not good enough at the point to be a top NBA point guard and not big enough to be a top NBA shooting guard. I think he could be a very valuable 6th man on a championship team where he can back up at both the 1 and 2 but any team he starts for and is expected to star for is doomed to mediocrity.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I don't really know or care how successful of a pro he'll be, but if you're suggesting that he's a mocha J.J. Redick, you're wrong.

Unlike one-dimensional shooters, Steph has great handle and quickness, so he can create for himself off the dribble. He also makes up for his lack of height by having one of the quickest releases I've ever seen. He's a terrific passer and considering how often he sees double- and triple-teams, he's ridiculously efficient and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. The guy from the past few years that I'd compare him to is Rodney Stuckey, another tweener from an inferior conference. Steph's numbers are easily better than Stuckey's were at EWU across the board, and Stuckey's turned into a solid pro. Not to mention the kid is stupid clutch and has a short memory when it comes to missed shots.

I'm not going to say for sure that he'll be an NBA star, but his ability to get his shot off will give him the chance to prove himself.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I don't really know or care how successful of a pro he'll be, but if you're suggesting that he's a mocha J.J. Redick, you're wrong.

Unlike one-dimensional shooters, Steph has great handle and quickness, so he can create for himself off the dribble. He also makes up for his lack of height by having one of the quickest releases I've ever seen. He's a terrific passer and considering how often he sees double- and triple-teams, he's ridiculously efficient and doesn't turn the ball over a lot. The guy from the past few years that I'd compare him to is Rodney Stuckey, another tweener from an inferior conference. Steph's numbers are easily better than Stuckey's were at EWU across the board, and Stuckey's turned into a solid pro. Not to mention the kid is stupid clutch and has a short memory when it comes to missed shots.

I'm not going to say for sure that he'll be an NBA star, but his ability to get his shot off will give him the chance to prove himself.
No way he can create his own shot in a meaningful NBA game. He isnt quick enough or strong enough. He may fit in as a spot up shooter and backup backcourt player but is very weak defensively which is a major flaw for an NBA backup. Passing out of double teams is not a skill he will need to utilize in the NBA. Rodney Stuckey is a true one, Curry isn't. He not only wont be an NBA star, I dont see him even having a chance to be a starter. As for the numbers in college and how they translate I give you Adam Morrison.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
No way he can create his own shot in a meaningful NBA game. He isnt quick enough or strong enough. He may fit in as a spot up shooter and backup backcourt player but is very weak defensively which is a major flaw for an NBA backup. Passing out of double teams is not a skill he will need to utilize in the NBA. Rodney Stuckey is a true one, Curry isn't. He not only wont be an NBA star, I dont see him even having a chance to be a starter. As for the numbers in college and how they translate I give you Adam Morrison.
He's definitely not a weak defender, and he's quick enough to get off his own shot in the league, if not as often. I guess you haven't watched him very much. Stuckey didn't play like a true one in college either, by the way. Steph may not fit a certain mold, but neither did Allen Iverson or Charles Barkley. Not saying Steph's going to be as good as either, but I wouldn't dismiss him just because he doesn't fit a certain body type.