Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Tebow to sign Monday with Eagles

According to reliable sources, Tim Tebow will sign Monday with the Philadelphia Eagles....Chip Kelly strikes again. Of all the teams in the NFL, the Eagles appear to be perhaps a viable option...interesting!
Old 04-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Hialeah Park

It sometimes feels like Chip's trying to win a medal in sports science more than a ring.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Havre de Grace

key word is win....tebow's a winner
Old 04-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
It sometimes feels like Chip's trying to win a medal in sports science more than a ring.
You are an Eagle fan so I'm curious where do you stand on him. Is he a mad genius,crazy, or somewhere in between.

He's got nothing to lose. He will try it completely his way and if he bombs? He will have big college programs breaking down his door to make him the highest paid coach.
Old 04-20-2015, 06:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

If nothing else, the Eagles have become the most interesting team in the NFL...they have raced past the Cowboys in that regard. I don't pretend to understand Kelly's thinking but he does appear to have a master plan. One wonders if he still covets Mariotta and signing Tebow gives him a backup that would run a similar offense. Bradford and Sanchez could be trade fodder, or perhaps he feels that he needs all the arms possible due to Bradford's injury history?? I am a fan of Tebow, he's a guy I can't help but like and therefore pull for him to succeed. No, it's not a religious thing...not for a Pagan like me...it's a "good guy" thing.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:50 AM
Longchamps

As a Cowboys fan I applaud the move!!
Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 AM
Saratoga

From what I am reading Tom House has completely remade Tebow's throwing motion. I look at this as kicking the tires. I don't see any scenario barring injuries that Bradford or Sanchez isn't the starting QB in September.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:12 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
You are an Eagle fan so I'm curious where do you stand on him. Is he a mad genius,crazy, or somewhere in between.

He's got nothing to lose. He will try it completely his way and if he bombs? He will have big college programs breaking down his door to make him the highest paid coach.
2 words......Steve Spurrier

-bt-
Old 04-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
As a Cowboys fan I applaud the move!!

i'm no cowboy fan....but i understand what you mean.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:23 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

I need to see more from him, honestly. All you hear about the guy is how he's so innovative and 'ahead of the curve'. He hasn't done ANYTHING close to gaining my admiration like Andy did when he first came in and turned this city around.

He puts his defense at risk by having them on the field for 70%+ of the time, but he hasn't really put much stock into that side of the ball until now.

The thing that grinds my gears with him is all of the Oregon acquisitions. It leaves one to wonder if they are going for the most talented player at the position or are they scooping up a former Duck because he fits Chipper's system. Total bush league move imo.

He obviously is manic when it comes to personnel. What he's done with this team's superstars is nothing short of baffling. These past few months have been a laugher, and this signing of Tebow (unless it signals an attempt to move up for Mariota) is far and away his funniest work to date.

Part of me wants him to fall flat on his face, so I can smash that fact into the ears of all of my friends and family that have gotten on me about being an Andy loyalist since his inception into the NFL head coaching ranks. It gets so lost on them how great we had it during his tenure, that it's now my CIVIC DUTY to harass them with every bad move Chip makes.

Keep 'em coming Chip, you're giving me more than I'll ever need!

Disclaimer:: This is coming from somebody that loses passion for team sports with each passing day, and is finding himself more and more watching golf/horse racing for pleasure. Strange occurrence for me, esp bc how fervent I was towards the Eagles only a few years ago. I honestly think that it stems from the final game of Andy's tenure when they laid down and died against the Giants. Disgraceful effort that still lives with (and haunts) me. The days of caring more than I should are LONG gone.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

i'm no cowboy fan....but i understand what you mean.
If Tebow ever even sees the field this year, the Birds will be in deep doo-doo.

That said, I'd rather Tebow for league minimum as a third stringer than RG Knee for whatever he's owed this year.

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
If Tebow ever even sees the field this year, the Birds will be in deep doo-doo.

That said, I'd rather Tebow for league minimum as a third stringer than RG Knee for whatever he's owed this year.
i have divorced the skins. irreconcilable differences!

i bet my son last year when the football season started that the caps would make it to the playoffs before them. he hates when i'm right.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:58 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Disclaimer:: This is coming from somebody that loses passion for team sports with each passing day, and is finding himself more and more watching golf/horse racing for pleasure. Strange occurrence for me, esp bc how fervent I was towards the Eagles only a few years ago. I honestly think that it stems from the final game of Andy's tenure when they laid down and died against the Giants. Disgraceful effort that still lives with (and haunts) me. The days of caring more than I should are LONG gone.
The older I get the less passion I have for the old traditional team sports. I think because I have been such an ardent fan for so long I have become bored with them. Horse racing is a new challenge everyday and I have gravitated toward soccer because that is my son's sport. I think it interests me more because I am still learning nuances of the game. I also like that the game has running action and is over in less than two hours. Football has to many commercials and baseball is just to slow. I still enjoy hockey but being a Flyer fan and having to listen to the Penguin's announcers is just brutal.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:04 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i have divorced the skins. irreconcilable differences!

i bet my son last year when the football season started that the caps would make it to the playoffs before them. he hates when i'm right.
Can't say I'm that far away from joining you in divorce.

One more horrible rule change from Goodell and i'm OUT! ha

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
The older I get the less passion I have for the old traditional team sports. I think because I have been such an ardent fan for so long I have become bored with them. Horse racing is a new challenge everyday and I have gravitated toward soccer because that is my son's sport. I think it interests me more because I am still learning nuances of the game. I also like that the game has running action and is over in less than two hours. Football has to many commercials and baseball is just to slow. I still enjoy hockey but being a Flyer fan and having to listen to the Penguin's announcers is just brutal.

Hopefully, Hextall has something up his sleeve for you, like a head coach that doesnt have ties to the organization.

It certainly doesnt help when "Captain" G scores his first even strength goal at home for 2014-2015, in the last home game of the season. Ouch.

Like you've gravitated towards soccer, I made the exact same move to golf. Now, if I can only break 83!

- Nathan Israel