Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2017, 01:57 PM
Steve Byk

Default 9/30-10/1 (BEL): Super Sat. I (3 G1's), Grillo, Pilgrim (G3's), Temp. Hill

Old 09-27-2017, 04:40 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

If Elate is what I think she is, she has to back up her last 2 races and crush this group.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:33 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
If Elate is what I think she is, she has to back up her last 2 races and crush this group.
On paper sure doesnt look like much of a field.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
On paper sure doesnt look like much of a field.
Stronger then the Zenyatta, but yeah its soft. Elate could be a serious BC contender though.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:16 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Stronger then the Zenyatta, but yeah its soft. Elate could be a serious BC contender though.
comparing bad to bad does not make one better....this fields in those two races are really bad compared to the surrounding races.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:44 PM
Oriental Park

I have to bet Mr Crow, I think he may be a legitimate grade 1 sprinter and he figures to get a great trip.

I dont see how Takiful and El Deal do not hook up. Sure you can go to say Stalwalkn dude or celtic chaos but they dont feel like grade 1 horses with just about any set up.

El Deal has to be played against, despite his vegetable juice trainer. He has ridden two of the goldest rails ever in his last two races and he figures to be about 7/5 in this spot, have to bet against.

Takiful seems legit, but the pace here is real.
Old 09-27-2017, 10:47 PM
Oriental Park

we have a maiden in the grade 1 Beldame? for realz
Old 09-28-2017, 05:16 PM
Steve Byk

Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
I have to bet Mr Crow, I think he may be a legitimate grade 1 sprinter and he figures to get a great trip.

I dont see how Takiful and El Deal do not hook up. Sure you can go to say Stalwalkn dude or celtic chaos but they dont feel like grade 1 horses with just about any set up.

El Deal has to be played against, despite his vegetable juice trainer. He has ridden two of the goldest rails ever in his last two races and he figures to be about 7/5 in this spot, have to bet against.

Takiful seems legit, but the pace here is real.
Its a simple race for me. 2 deep. Crow and Dude and hope for the Dude.
I want no else.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:41 PM
Ellis Park

Hoping for some value in the DD/P-3/P-4(stretching it a bit for The Beldame).
VOSBURGH: Please no speed scratches......I'll just use the stone cold closers,hoping for a pace meltdown[SD/CC/WH].
I still haven't figured out how good Mr. Crow is.......I guess I'll carry him.
PILGRIM: Evaluator is talented,toss his last........I'll throw in the two Pletcher runners.
BELDAME: I don't know what to do........I'll guess I'll carry Elate,of course I'll have to repeat the P-4 ticket over and over (and the P-3 a bunch of times more).
I'll put Money'soncharlotte on the ticket,she's a pretty sharp number these days.
JOE HIRSCH: The one and only Oscar Performance is in action.
As long as he doesn't hate the 12th furlong,I'm going to play him in the Breeders Cup Turf.........so he's an auto-play Saturday.
His stop watch stuff checks all the boxes.
On the front end each time:
PR-6/3: 1:48.2.....came home in 33.4.
BDY-7/8: 2:00.1.....final 1/4 in 23.0......plus he was botched up at the start.
Secretariat- 8/12.....2:01.3(Million was run in 2:02.2,Oscar went quicker early to boot)......caught the 10th furlong in 23.3.
Kitten's Joy/Theatrical mare indicates distance could be OK.
I'll throw Fanciful Angel on the ticket........Chad @ 10-1 is a price in.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Hoping for some value in the DD/P-3/P-4(stretching it a bit for The Beldame).
VOSBURGH: Please no speed scratches......I'll just use the stone cold closers,hoping for a pace meltdown[SD/CC/WH].
I still haven't figured out how good Mr. Crow is.......I guess I'll carry him.
PILGRIM: Evaluator is talented,toss his last........I'll throw in the two Pletcher runners.
BELDAME: I don't know what to do........I'll guess I'll carry Elate,of course I'll have to repeat the P-4 ticket over and over (and the P-3 a bunch of times more).
I'll put Money'soncharlotte on the ticket,she's a pretty sharp number these days.
JOE HIRSCH: The one and only Oscar Performance is in action.
As long as he doesn't hate the 12th furlong,I'm going to play him in the Breeders Cup Turf.........so he's an auto-play Saturday.
His stop watch stuff checks all the boxes.
On the front end each time:
PR-6/3: 1:48.2.....came home in 33.4.
BDY-7/8: 2:00.1.....final 1/4 in 23.0......plus he was botched up at the start.
Secretariat- 8/12.....2:01.3(Million was run in 2:02.2,Oscar went quicker early to boot)......caught the 10th furlong in 23.3.
Kitten's Joy/Theatrical mare indicates distance could be OK.
I'll throw Fanciful Angel on the ticket........Chad @ 10-1 is a price in.

Im totally against Oscar Performance and wont cover him at all. He is good, but hasnt beat much with soft trips. Ill use 4 or 5. Motions horse is my top pick. Ill use both of Chads and The Grey Gatsby.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:02 PM
Oriental Park

The Mr Crow pumpkin burst.

Takaful will take some beating in the BC. At least I can take solace I was on him very early on as a top sprinter, not that it make any diff financially.