Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2019, 07:28 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
Im having difficulty with finding the contest or information linking to it. Ive looked at Horseplayers and Horsetourneys and I don't see the BeatByk contest. What am I missing???
nevermind...as usual I didn't check my email before I blabbed out to the forum. I did however have to cleck on the contest link three times to add all my entries...good luck everyone and thanks to the NTRA and Steve for this opportunity, its been fun.
Old 09-14-2019, 05:58 AM
Steve Byk

Just wrapped up ‘capping final sequence and it’s a pretty daunting set of races. Certainly no shortage of spots to take shots.. Thanks again to everyone that played and those live for a #NHC seat! Get lucky! NOTE: 3:40p close for selections.. Will be happy for whomever wins, but particularly excited for a Derby Trailer or ATR listener to take it down.

Important to thank NTRA, Holly Short, Michele Ravencraft & Keith Chamblin who made this possible.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:20 AM
Ellis Park

Default Thanks Ahead of Time

I think your going to need +$1000 to win the contest with the Capps in place!
Old 09-14-2019, 04:39 PM
Steve Byk

Billy in contention at the halfway point! 6 to run.. Leader at $95.80

24. William Casper - $77.40
Old 09-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Billy in contention at the halfway point! 6 to run.. Leader at $95.80

24. William Casper - $77.40
...and fizzled out, 112th at $87.10, but this was a lot of fun, appreciate Steve and NTRA for putting this on and I will be rooting for our rep Marie who caught the cap horse in the finale....
Old 09-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Keeneland

So the winner just played 7 and 8’s the entire time?
Old 09-14-2019, 06:15 PM
Steve Byk

Really fun afternoon.. Congats to Marie Carbonaro and thanks to everybody for playing!

Old 09-14-2019, 07:49 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
So the winner just played 7 and 8’s the entire time?
That’s what happens in the free ones. Got lucky and caught the big ones. I Played one were a bunch of people played all 4s and they won.
Old 09-14-2019, 09:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
That’s what happens in the free ones. Got lucky and caught the big ones. I Played one were a bunch of people played all 4s and they won.
I know. I feel bad for the guy that finished 2nd. Hopefully he already has a seat.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I know. I feel bad for the guy that finished 2nd. Hopefully he already has a seat.
'Tampa Tony' Infante.. Long-time listener. Surgeon, I think. He's involved with West Point and Team Valor horses and plays seriously.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:11 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
It's kind of odd with this winner that it was played that way. She was a 3 entry qualifier and her husband Bud had another 2 and they participated throughout the season, so you'd think they do 'cap and play.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:24 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
It's kind of odd with this winner that it was played that way. She was a 3 entry qualifier and her husband Bud had another 2 and they participated throughout the season, so you'd think they do 'cap and play.
I didn’t see the other entries. Maybe just played this one like this since she had three.