Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2019, 12:28 PM
Hollywood Park

Default sittin here with my father[the old man on here]

and for some reason,, im getting a meloncoly feelingthat this season is coming to a end... i never really got that feeling before when a saratoga season came to a end,, but this one is different, maybe its because my fathere doesnt have much to go ,or maybe life for me ,with a break up and seperation is kind of hitting me,,, i think i always looked so foreward to going to the backyard,, sitting with the same freinds, betting, [or not betting] i found myself one day, just enjoying the ppeople, the crisp air,, i just sat in my chair and let the breeze hit me, and im sure i didnt even bet
to me its a different world up here even though i only live 25 miles down the road
its different for me this year, aand im really going to miss it all,, i dont see those people i spend the summer with, only at track, as they come from vermot,new jersey, boston,, yeah saratoga is really special to me and im so sad to see it go
Old 08-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Havre de Grace

So many good memories of Saratoga with my dad too. So glad we spread his ashes next to Go for Wand in the infield. Good vibes to Thomas.