4. Tonalist (Clement/Rosario)
5. Zivo (C. Brown/Lezcano)
6. Moreno (Guillot/Castellano)
7. Toast of New York (Osborne/Spencer)
8. Majestic Harbor (McCarthy/T. Baze)
9. Cigar Street (Mott/J. Velazquez)
10. Footbridge (Harty/Bejarano)
11. Candy Boy (Sadler/Talamo)
12. Imperative (Papaprodromou/Desormeaux)
13. Prayer for Relief (Romans/TBA)
14. V. E. Day (Jerkens/Talamo)
-----------------------------
15. Big Cazanova (Miller/TBA)

Breeders' Cup Distaff

1. Close Hatches (Mott/Rosario)
2. Untapable (Asmussen/Napravnik)
3. Don't Tell Sophia (Sims/Rocco)
4. Iotapa (Sadler/Talamo)
5. Tiz Midnight (Baffert/Espinoza)
6. Parranda (Hollendorfer/Trujillo) -- F&M Turf/1
7. Ria Antonia (Amoss/P. Lopez)
8. Belle Gallantey (Rodriguez/J. Ortiz)
9. Valiant Emilia-PER (G. Mandella/Bejarano)
10. L' Amour de Ma Vie (Brandt) -- F&M Turf/2
11. Stanwyck (Shirreffs)
12. Unbridled Forever (Stewart)

Last edited by Kasept : 10-22-2014 at 09:50 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:42 AM
Steve Byk

SHARED BELIEF CONTINUES PREP FOR CLASSIC WITH SHARP 5F AT GG

ALBANY, Calif. -- Shared Belief, who is expected to be favored in the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic at Santa Anita on Nov. 1, continued his preparation for the 1 1/4-mile race by working five furlongs in 1:00 3/5 handily on Golden Gate Fields’ Tapeta racing surface Tuesday.

“It was a very good work,” said Sherrie Wolfe, head clocker at Golden Gate Fields. “He broke about six lengths behind two work mates (Mickey Ball and Hermosa Vaquera), collared them in the stretch and was pulling away at the end.”

Shared Belief finished a length in front of Mickey Ball, who was timed in 1:02 flat. Hermosa Vaquera was clocked in 1:03.

Jockey Russell Baze worked Shared Belief for trainer Jerry Hollendorfer, who was also impressed with the drill.

“It was a really good work and a very good time, especially for this racetrack,” said Hollendorfer. “Baze told me he thought he went excellent. He was very happy with the way he worked.”

Hollendorfer said undefeated Shared Belief will have two more works before the Classic. The next move is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 21, at Golden Gate Fields. “He’ll either go three-quarters (of a mile) or seven-eighths, most likely three-quarters,” said Hollendorfer.

Shared Belief, voted champion 2-year-old of 2013 when he went 3-for-3 with two graded stakes victories, is 4-for-4 this year with Grade 1 stakes tallies in the Pacific Classic at Del Mar and, most recently, the Awesome Again Stakes at Santa Anita.

Hollendorfer owns Shared Belief in partnership by Jungle Racing (Jim and Janet Rome), KMN Racing (Kevin and Kim Nish), Jason Litt, George Todaro, and Alex Solis II. A Kentucky-bred son of Candy Ride, Shared Belief has earned $1,552,200 in his seven races.
Old 10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Randwyck

John Velazquez is booked for Cigar Street according to Jay Privman tweet confirming it on Monday.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Steve Byk

PRIVMAN/DRF: The ranks of prospective pre-entrants for the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic on Nov. 1 at Santa Anita now include Prayer for Relief and Noble Moon, bringing to at least 16 the number of horses expected to be pre-entered Monday.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Saratoga

Per Brad Free on twitter, Beholder is out of Distaff
Old 10-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Oriental Park

I think every horse who looked vulnerable at short odds is going to scratch.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Hialeah Park

What kind of number can I expect to get on Prayer for Relief? I'll be working him and Tapiture into the number, whichever race the latter decides to run in.

Here's hoping Romans brings his big day magic with him. I would LOVE to see that horse run a big one and light up the tote.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Newmarket

Question

Anyone have the link to the BRIS Breeder's Cup pre-entry PP's? thanks in advance

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 10-22-2014, 11:20 AM
Steve Byk

CLASSIC: http://www.equibase.com/breederscup/...11-1Race12.pdf

DISTAFF: http://www.equibase.com/breederscup/...10-31Race9.pdf
Old 10-22-2014, 03:24 PM
Steve Byk

DRF CLASSIC: http://static.drf.com/bcmedia2014/BCClassic.pdf

DRF DISTAFF: http://static.drf.com/bcmedia2014/BCDistaff.pdf
Old 10-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Flemington

I like Cigar Street or Bayern to win the Classic. Im not including anyone else, going to play some big spreads and try getting live to those 2.
The Distaff is odd. I think Tiz Midnight can win, but you should be getting like 15-1, but with all the defections and Close Hatches coming off a loss I think you get like 8-1.
Old 10-23-2014, 06:28 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
What kind of number can I expect to get on Prayer for Relief? I'll be working him and Tapiture into the number, whichever race the latter decides to run in.

Here's hoping Romans brings his big day magic with him. I would LOVE to see that horse run a big one and light up the tote.
And I'll add Super Derby winner angle here. Prayer for Relief won that race at 3. Alysheba & Blame (2nd) came back as 4YOs to win. Concern won off place. Tiznow remains only back-to-back Classic winner. Sunday Silence won both races at 3.

Prayer for Relief could indeed pay big balloons in first or second slot.

Last edited by dylbert : 10-23-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 10-23-2014, 07:06 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I like Cigar Street or Bayern to win the Classic. Im not including anyone else, going to play some big spreads and try getting live to those 2.
The Distaff is odd. I think Tiz Midnight can win, but you should be getting like 15-1, but with all the defections and Close Hatches coming off a loss I think you get like 8-1.

The only 2 i hope to be alive to are SB and Tonalist....Catch a couple of prices early in the pik 4 and it still pays great on days like this.....Anyone else wins, i lose.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:04 PM
Gulfstream Park

Talking

By Blood-Horse Staff October 24, 2014 2:21 PM 0 CommentsRacing, Breeders' Cup, Kentucky
Don't Tell Sophia and Ria Antonia, pre-entered for the $2 million Longines Breeders' Cup Distaff (gr. I), turned in half-mile breezes Oct. 24 at Keeneland.

Working on her own after the renovation break, recent Juddmonte Spinster (gr. I) winner Don't Tell Sophia covered the trip in :48 flat under jockey Joe Rocco Jr. The time ranked sixth of 42 moves at the distance. Spinster runner-up Ria Antonia topped all workers with her bullet :47 3/5 drill.
Don't Tell Sophia clocked splits of :12 2/5 and :24 1/5, and galloped out five furlongs in 1:02

Ria Antonia, whose most recent victory came via disqualification in the 2013 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) at Santa Anita Park, prepared for her California return Friday morning with exercise rider Mario Orantes aboard for trainer Tom Amoss.

Working on her own after the renovation break and wearing blinkers, Ria Antonia produced a first quarter-mile in :23 1/5 and galloped out five furlongs in 1:00 2/5

It was the second work at Keeneland since the Spinster for Ria Antonia. A week earlier, she shared a bullet five-furlong work in :59 4/5 in blinkers.

My Distaff exacta
Old 10-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Jerome Park

Eric Guillot puts some voodoo on the other trainers

http://www.drf.com/news/preview/guil...s-faith-voodoo

Photo by Barbara Livingston

B0wdp1_CYAAxS8S.jpg

B0wiK21CMAIbm5L (1).jpg
Old 10-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Steve Byk

Brad Free, Santa Anita:

BC Distaff: Final pieces of puzzle

Iotapa and Parranda will post final workouts Monday morning. For both, the works are kind of a big deal leading into the Breeders’ Cup Distaff.

Iotapa must work to be removed from the vet’s list after she bled finishing third in the Grade 1 Zenyatta Stakes. Trainer John Sadler is confident the incident will be resolved. Iotapa, a two-time Grade 1 winner, will work at 7:45. She will be visually evaluated to insure she did not bleed, and that she is sound. Stewards said the workout must be faster than 1:03, and a blood test must come back clean later in the week before she is allowed to start.

Parranda works on the main track at 6:30 a.m. If she works well, trainer Jerry Hollendorfer is expected to make it official the graded stakes-winning turf mare will run in the Distaff. Runner-up last out in the Grade 1 Rodeo Drive on turf, Parranda was cross-entered in the Filly & Mare Turf. Parranda has never raced on “fast” dirt. She finished third in a Grade 1 on synthetic at Del Mar, and fourth in a “muddy” track allowance at Monmouth in summer 2013. Parranda has trained extremely well on the Santa Anita dirt course.

One uncertainty among the 12 Distaff pre-entrants is L’Amour de Ma Vie, an import from Europe that would be making her first start on dirt. She is cross-entered in the Filly & Mare Turf.

Entries for both Breeders’ Cup cards, including the Distaff, will be drawn Monday.

The expected Distaff field, with riders:

Untapable, Rosie Napravnik
Close Hatches, Joel Rosario
Don’t Tell Sophia, Joe Rocco
Iotapa, Joe Talamo
Tiz Midnight, Victor Espinoza
Ria Antonia, Paco Lopez
Belle Gallantey, Jose Ortiz
Valiant Emilia, Rafael Bejarano
Parranda, Elvis Trujillo
Stanwyck, Corey Nakatani
Unbridled Forever, John Velazquez