Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2022, 12:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
And they stand by this cause they don't want to admit they were conned.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmfhb411 View Post
You would believe that. No surprise.

You obviously phrased your question so you can state
that I’m a hater one way or the other;
and nothing connected to being serious about any issue of course.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Back to being paranoid about everything.

Let's use a real life example. I know you saw the link I posted about the 10 year old that is pregnant.

In that case would an abortion be okay or would you prefer she have the baby?
Old 07-03-2022, 12:33 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
You would believe that. No surprise.

You obviously phrased your question so you can state
that I’m a hater one way or the other;
and nothing connected to being serious about any issue of course.
LOL... Not going to work . You failed. Wanna play again.

Game Theory..

Trump didn't try a coup on the government and you are in his inner circle and are testifying under oath.

You going to say he did it or didn't?

Trump did try a coup on the government and you are in his inner circle and are testifying under oath.

You going to say he did it or didn't?

Keep in mind the consequences and attacks and death threats you and your family will face and also the fact that there may be others that testified before you that may corroborate or contradict your testimony.
Old 07-03-2022, 12:48 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Uh huh. There it is. Exactly to my point.

So none of what you wanted to discuss was really about
whether I’m pro-life or not.

You wanted a “see!! I knew it!! He exchanges BFF rings with Trump!!” moment.

Seems your incapable of discussing any issue in good faith.

Now you proved it 3 times.
I don't speak TRUMPTARD so None of this makes any sense at all. Exactly what I expect from a low IQ Trumptard who is simply deflecting
Old 07-03-2022, 01:07 PM
Keeneland

Danny seems afraid to engage me again.

Smart move.
Old 07-03-2022, 01:21 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Yes. Your commentary gets more shallow with each post. 😎
Danny TAPS OUT
Old 07-03-2022, 01:53 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Danny TAPS OUT
He’s the Washington Generals of posters
Old 07-03-2022, 02:30 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No had to get behind the wheel.

Outside of finding out I don’t vote the same as everyone else,
and torturing yourself don’t know what’s left to say.

If that’s tapping out to you 🤷🏻
You lost anything else is Whip-cream on Sh*t
Old 07-03-2022, 02:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
No had to get behind the wheel.

Outside of finding out I don’t vote the same as everyone else,
and torturing yourself don’t know what’s left to say.

If that’s tapping out to you 🤷🏻
"I don't vote the same as everyone else"

Poor you.

Then a deflection....everyone else is torturing themselves.

Meanwhile, this bitch is doing olympic level gymnastics in an attempt to avoid direct questions which might actually lead to some discussion.

Again...hes not interested in discussion because he's not smart enough to discuss the viewpoints that Tucker tells him to believe.
Old 07-03-2022, 03:19 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
And I’m not the one getting tortured here 😁
Lying, deflecting and a gross exaggeration of your own self importance.

Your wife **** hit the jackpot.
Old 07-03-2022, 05:10 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Lying, deflecting and a gross exaggeration of your own self importance.

Your wife **** hit the jackpot.
Ashley Babbit was a good start.
Old 07-04-2022, 10:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
This means children are next? Or those who are conceived or born under certain circumstances?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLmd0100T9g
Old 07-04-2022, 10:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
This means children are next? Or those who are conceived or born under certain circumstances?

You are throwing good money after bad Slow Dan? We both are pro choice. Me for everyone you when it affects you. Your deflection yesterday when I even told you that you were being tested showed everyone where you really stand. Your followup when you finally realized there really was one answer that you could make was bought by no one.
Old 07-04-2022, 12:41 PM
Keeneland

“Under your terms and timeline.”

Tell us you’re a bitch without actually saying it.

The real fun is when he plays tough guy and sends you threatening pm’s.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:52 PM
Keeneland

Looks like Danny finally smartened up and crawled back under his rock.

Good boy.
Old 07-07-2022, 05:18 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
I urge anyone that suspects or realizes the threat to themselves and their families future here to explore an egress strategy and be prepared to act on it. As a first generation American and History major who learned the lessons of my father’s escape from the Nazis in August 1939, I cannot stress enough the peril the usual targets of authoritarianism and supremacists are now under.
Evidence just piles up like a drumbeat. Pittsburgh, Poway, Charlottesville, Highland Park, and that's just the Jewish targets. Fold in the El Paso Wal-Mart attack on Latinos, Buffalo Tops attack on the inner city community, etc. Not to mention a full assault on women's rights and now the upswing in rhetoric and legislation designed to re-marginalize LBGTQ.. **** this shithole.

The Jewishness of the July 4th mass shooting
What it's like to viscerally experience tragedy unfold.
Marisa Kabas
22 hr ago

https://thehandbasket.substack.com/p...y-4th-massacre

On the last day of Passover this past April, a young man dressed in all black clothing and gloves walked into the sanctuary of a synagogue in Highland Park, Illinois, with a backpack on. He caught the attention of the security director who kept a watchful eye on the young man for the 45 minutes during which he sat and observed the service before leaving without incident. But after a shooting massacre on the Fourth of July left his community in shambles and the suspect’s photo was plastered across social media and TV, the security director immediately recognized him as the young man with the gloves.

At this point it’s not a matter of if you’ll be personally affected by gun violence, but when. Your supermarket, your kid’s school, your Walmart, your synagogue, your movie theater could be next, and it’s impossible to enter a public space without clocking the nearest exit just in case. But until the devastating experience lands on your actual doorstep, the next worst thing is watching it happen to a community so similar to yours, that it feels personal. That is what the Highland Park shooting massacre was for me.

A city of about 30,000 people, Highland Park sits 25 miles north of Chicago. Many of its residents commute to the city for work, and it’s known as a wealthy and prosperous midwestern suburb: it’s also home to many Jewish people. I’ve seen it listed as low as 30% and high as 50% of the local population, and there are multiple synagogues in town, with even more in the surrounding area. When July 4th fell on a Friday in 2014, an article discussed towns combining their Independence Day celebrations with Jewish Shabbat traditions, and Highland Park was one of them. Middle schoolers spend most of 7th and 8th grade weekends attending bar and bat mitzvahs, and have drawers full of sweatpants and oversized t-shirts emblazoned with the guest of honor’s name. They attend Hebrew school, and sleepaway camp, and they have a favorite flavor of Dr. Brown’s soda. Though I’ve never been there, I know this town—because this town is mine.

Jericho, New York is also an upper middle class suburb of a major city, with commuters and yes, many Jews. It’s a place where being Jewish is as exotic as being right handed, and it was more surprising when someone told you they didn’t have at least one Jewish parent. We had five different bagel places within a mile, and grandparents who wanted to be buried in Israel. In Jericho, being Jewish was the norm, and I didn’t realize until I got a bit older that it was a statistical anomaly.

Only approximately two percent of the US population is Jewish, which would probably surprise a lot of people. Insidious myths persist that we control the media and the banks and the political system and the entire world order, dramatically overstating our power. In reality, we are a tiny minority raised with the mindset that with every generation, they tried to destroy us. We have relatives still alive today who rose from the ashes of the Holocaust, and came here because it was safe to be Jewish. And like so many religious and ethnic groups, we flocked together in communities and created new strands of culture that honored our roots while embracing our country. But it’s proven to never be enough.

I often say that being an American Jew is, in a word, weird. In a popular Twitter thread last year, I called it “a mind****.” To some, we’re the epitome of successful white immigrants; to others, we’re untrustworthy ethnic minorities who will never be a part of the Christian elite. We exist at all times betwixt and between, never knowing when it’s safe to openly and proudly declare our religion. White supremacists marched through Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017 holding blazing tiki torches and shouting “Jews will not replace us!” We are all at once a massive target for hate-fueled violence and a footnote in larger stories of bigotry and oppression. We are lucky and cursed all at once.

As the news began to spread about the Highland Park mass shooting, I immediately saw people in my network posting about camp friends and college roommates from the area, or family members who were at the parade and had to hide to survive. Soon, I knew a friend of a friend had been among the wounded. Video from a witness shows that shots rang out at the annual Fourth of July parade as Klezmer music—an instrumental musical tradition tracing back to the Jews of Eastern Europe—played on a nearby float. Four of the seven victims were Jewish, and a two-year-old Jewish boy was orphaned as a result of the attack. While the shooter’s motive remains unconfirmed, Jews across the country can see it for what it was: An attack on us all.

Yet despite the painfully obvious targeting of the Jewish community, there’s a reticence to name it. As writer Elad Nehorai tweeted a day after the shooting, “Jews have done all the heavy lifting to get out that Highland Park may have been targeted for its Jewish population. We were also the only ones to report that the shooter visited a synagogue months earlier to scope it out. Pretty hard not to feel like we’re on our own.”

Though we have a network of Jews supporting Highland Park, and Pittsburgh before it, and whichever community is hit next, this feeling of cultural isolation is palpable. Because our sorrow, our mourning, our wails must be muted thanks to a sizable population who still believe we don’t deserve the space to grieve. But while most of the country looks at this tragedy as just another mass shooting in America by a white man radicalized online, I see the antisemitism burning bright. And I choose to believe my eyes.
Old 07-09-2022, 01:29 PM
Saratoga

"Actually, I watch Newsmax more; most especially Greg Kelly. His mindset totally aligns with mine, which I set for myself based on MY values and without anyone's influence. So, why wouldn't I gravitate toward watching/listening to like-minded people. Don't you?"

Not a Cult. LOL... I know what I know and will only listen to those that agree. ...
Old 07-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
"Actually, I watch Newsmax more; most especially Greg Kelly. His mindset totally aligns with mine, which I set for myself based on MY values and without anyone's influence. So, why wouldn't I gravitate toward watching/listening to like-minded people. Don't you?"

Not a Cult. LOL... I know what I know and will only listen to those that agree. ...
She once said to me on there that nothing Trump could say or do would be wrong in her eyes.

That’s a special kind of crazy
Old 07-10-2022, 04:35 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
She once said to me on there that nothing Trump could say or do would be wrong in her eyes.

That’s a special kind of crazy
Such a fine Christian. Which is odd since my first 17 years I was forced to go to church and religious classes and that Jesus guy seemed like a great guy. Loved everyone regardless of anything. When did he start hating people especially given the fact that he was responsible for their creation. Confused
Old 07-16-2022, 02:11 PM
Steve Byk

Why I Use The F Word (And You Should Too)

We have a fascism problem. Solving it requires that we correctly identify this problem and the dangers it creates.

Dr. William Horne
Jul 15

What does abortion criminalization have to do with voter suppression or with denying election defeats (and only defeats)? What does resistance to COVID mitigation have to do with attacking educators’ ability to teach about the history of racism in the U.S.? What does targeting LGBTQ & especially trans folks have to do with laws allowing motorists to run over protesters? On their surface, these issues seem totally unrelated, but each reflects a suppressionist and eliminationist logic that is the defining feature of fascism. They are also each central policy positions of today’s Republican Party.

Indeed, whether it’s the extremist Court that just overturned the basis for all of its twentieth century civil rights rulings, the 1/6 Insurrection orchestrated by the Republican Party, or the various state-level laws restricting the right to vote, teach, protest, terminate pregnancies, and exist as a queer person, it has become increasingly clear that something is deeply wrong with the Republican Party. That something is fascism.

What do we mean by the word fascist?

If you consume much TV or news, you might have some idea that fascists are loud, combative people who just really like uniforms. Fascists, in this telling, are simply people with bad manners and (so we’re told) a bad education—a handful of bad individuals—bad “apples,” if you will.

The problem with this way of understanding the term is that it fails to account for systems of power. After all, fascists don’t say they want a world where they can have bad manners—the world they describe is one in which they alone wield power—the power to determine who deserves full membership in the state and who gets excluded from that membership and its rights and protections.

While some far-right obsessions— “cancel culture,” for example—appear at face value to be about some inalienable right to have bad manners and be recklessly ignorant of the past and the world around you, the central feature of these claims always boil down to power. Their missives—laced heavily with nostalgia, another animating feature of fascism—opine the imagined loss of the power to promote racist and sexist ideas without any social consequences (there are already no legal consequences). The claims, in other words, are about power. This is why these bespoke reactionaries (you know the ones) fail to counter the anti-“CRT” movement responsible for state laws and ordinances that suppress and criminalize teaching about our racist and repressive history in the U.S. Doing so would be contrary to their interests, because the anti-“CRT” and “cancel culture” movements actually work in tandem to promote the ideas of white backlash—rigid hierarchies and norms enforced by unimpeachable systems of power.

So if we cannot understand fascists as simply “bad apples” (who spoil the whole bunch, but I digress), how do we make sense of fascism and its demands? If it isn’t just poorly-informed (mostly) white people who really like uniforms, what is it?

As fascist dictator Benito Mussolini explained in his 1932 essay, “The Doctrine of Fascism,” the defining feature of fascism is “it[s] will to power, its will to live, its attitude toward violence, and its value.” Fascism first and foremost, in Mussolini’s thinking, is concerned with seizing and exercising power, with exercising unilateral, eliminationist violence against its opponents. “Anti-individualistic,” he explained, “the Fascist conception of life stresses the importance of the State and accepts the individual only in so far as his interests coincide with those of the State.” In Mussolini’s framework, there is no room for personal preferences, beliefs, or convictions. Under fascism, the state requires total subordination.

Let’s pause and consider Mussolini’s point by examining two issues less commonly associated with fascism in our public discourse: sex and gender. While we rightly consider race and ethnicity as central to fascist projects, policing sex and gender norms are no less crucial. While Hitler initially welcomed openly gay Ernst Röhm as his closest advisor, for example, he had Röhm and others rounded up and killed shortly after he was elected chancellor. That’s both an illustration of power—Hitler needed Röhm to organize the brownshirts (until he didn’t)—and of the relationship between fascism and patriarchal mythology. As Jason Stanley argues exhaustively in the first chapter of How Fascism Works, fascist mythologies tie the imagined greatness of the past to rigid patriarchal power and gender roles. So when, for instance, we see Republicans calling Democrats a “Party of Groomers” (not linking) for supporting LGBTQ rights, what we are seeing is not some weird sexual fixation but a tactic of scapegoating and myth-making used by fascists for a century.

The Republican Party’s recent assaults on LGBTQ rights and reproductive autonomy for women and gender nonconforming folks with uteruses are often framed as a commitment to old time religion—to fundamentalist and austere Christian norms and practices. These claims too—that it’s not fascism if it’s religion—hide the ways that fascists have long used religion to produce a fascist national mythology and as a weapon to exclude, suppress, or eliminate those seeking freedom of thought and action. Mussolini explains this tactic:

The Fascist State is not indifferent to religious phenomena in general nor does it maintain an attitude of indifference to Roman Catholicism, the special, positive religion of Italians. The State has not got a theology but it has a moral code. The Fascist State sees in religion one of the deepest of spiritual manifestations and for this reason it not only respects religion but defends and protects it.

As the Italian fascist dictator makes clear, religious devotion is not only compatible with the suppressionist vision of the fascist state, but can actually help accelerate it. Note his reference to “the special, positive religion of the Italians.” Here Mussolini invokes the idea of a national religion—Roman Catholicism—that gives life to the nostalgic mythologies around national character and greatness created to serve the regime and suppress outsiders. Mussolini’s argument is echoed almost verbatim in the logic of Samuel Alito’s insistence in Dobbs that rights only exist which are “deeply rooted in this Nation’s history and tradition.” In the United States, that argument limits our rights to those recognized in our country’s deeply racist and patriarchal history.

While it’s understandable that so many people accept the idea promoted by our institutions—that fascism is primarily an individual (or aesthetic!!!) problem—that’s not how scholars or fascists themselves view the ideology or its goals. Instead, when we talk about fascism, what we’re really talking about is the relationship between 1) a nostalgia for a deeply oppressive past and 2) the power to use institutions to silence, expel, or eliminate anyone who exists outside of this imagined past, whether it’s the “Christian nation” of today’s Republican Party or the “white man’s country” of white conservatisms past.

In 1868, white conservatives ran on an explicitly racist slogan—“This is a White Man's Country; Let White Men Rule”—critiqued here by cartoonist Thomas Nast. They organized repeated coup attempts, massacres, and suppressionist efforts that culminated in the sabotage of multiracial democracy in the 1870s that would last for almost a century. Image via the Library of Congress.

Fascists seek total control over their opponents. Fascist movements, then, are suppressionist and eliminationist by design. There are no legitimate alternative ideas or movements under a fascist worldview. As Mussolini put it, “individuals and groups are admissible in so far as they come within the State.” Thus individuals must be subsumed by loyalty to the state and adherence to its values and norms or be subject to its eliminationist and suppressionist initiatives and violence.

The hyper-individual, “bad apples” version of fascism uses a liberal, individual frame to (mis)interpret fascist initiatives. The implied solutions of civility and education to this “bad apples” rendering of fascism, then, misunderstand the goals of fascism and its historical iterations. Pro-Trump vigilantes illustrated this point well when they told Black election worker Shaye Moss to “be glad it's 2020 and not 1920,” when white supremacists regularly lynched Black Americans for even trying to vote. These Trumpists suffered neither from a lack of information about the history of white supremacy nor incivility. Instead, the problem lies in the (uncivil) way they leverage nostalgia for a more overtly racist past to undermine Black political participation and, at the behest of Republican leaders, to hijack and transform the state into one that excludes and attacks everyone else.

So what does all this mean for us?

First, it means that we need to understand that, both structurally and ideologically, the protofascism of the Jim Crow era never left us. Rather, it has become the centerpiece of Republican ideology to such an extent that the 2022 Senate GOP election platform repeats fascist ideas and mythologies nearly verbatim. It is an alarming text and indicates the dire situation we now face.

Second, it is absolutely crucial that we understand the way these seemingly-unrelated laws and tactics are part of a totalizing program. If we fail to do so, we not only miss the scope of the fascist project but also Republicans’ substantial progress in bringing it to fruition. Since 2020, Republicans have worked overtime to limit the protections of the state to those who adhere to racist, sexist, classist, and fundamentalist hierarchies of the “great again” fascist nostalgia. A vast network of suppressionist laws, structures, and tactics, then, is already in place.

Third, we must use the state to destroy this fascist movement before it’s too late. That means, for example, prosecuting immediately the Republicans who planned and helped carry out the January 6th Insurrection. It means removing from Congress those who continue to promote the Big Lie and taking steps to prevent fascist propaganda networks from spreading lies and conspiracy theories. Failing to take these steps against the brazen fascism of the Republican Party means allowing them to continue plotting coup attempts and working towards a single-party state, plotting that led directly to a century of explicitly white supremacist rule in the wake of Reconstruction.

Going forward, I will use this space to engage 1) important antifascist thinkers from W.E.B. Du Bois, Aimé Césaire, Jean-Paul Sartre, and Simone Weil to Angela Davis, James Boggs, and Stokely Carmichael (Kwame Ture), 2) the history and growing threat of fascist organizing in the U.S. and 3) ways we can circumvent or make inoperable the systems of exploitation that Republican fascists hope to control and build towards survival, liberation, and empowerment. While the situation we confront is indeed dire, I believe that we can sabotage fascist systems of power and, in solidarity with one another, seize for ourselves and our communities a more just and livable future.