Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2006, 09:48 AM
Oriental Park

Default michelle wie

Today could be the day that she breaks through, IF , she wins today lookout
her domination could start soon.

My opinion is that one day she will win a men's event - probably in her mid twenties
Old 06-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678

My opinion is that one day she will win a men's event - probably in her mid twenties
I agree completely, imo she has been rushed into playing men's events, I think she should dedicate herself to the LPGA for a year or so, then venture into the men's game. Folks forget how young this girl is...she can still improve her game greatly! Her distance makes the PGA a realistic undertaking...I think she could win several men's events over time but those pushing her need to back off and let the mental aspects of her game catch up to her physical abilities...maturity is often the difference between winning and folding when the pressure is applied!
Old 06-11-2006, 11:20 AM
5'8".. but all man!

her putting needs to improve GREATLY before having an impact. She can get away with being an ok putter on the LPGA because of her length, but before even thinking of trying the PGA Tour, her putting must improve 100 times over.

The one time she came close to making the cut in Hawaii she made EVERYTHING the 2nd round to shoot 68. But she is waaaaaaaaaaaaay below average putter on the mens tour. The Nationwide Tour and the Hooters tour is filled with players like her. Bomb it out there and miss putts. The fact that she is a 16yo girl doing it does make it special, but I am looking at if from performance basis only.

Don't take me wrong, I am fan of Michelle. I have seen up close and personal what she is capable of. I think the LPGA needs her much more than the PGA does.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:

gales....Noone wants more than the LPGA to get some press than me. MW simply has to putt better....there is no if and or buts.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Oriental Park

Default gpk

i agree with you on the putting- she will learn it and win tourneys on the lpga and if her putting gets real good - someday the pga

i'll give you my thoughts on the open tomorrow, my boys were out there today , the rough is impossible
Old 06-12-2006, 12:46 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
i agree with you on the putting- she will learn it and win tourneys on the lpga and if her putting gets real good - someday the pga

i'll give you my thoughts on the open tomorrow, my boys were out there today , the rough is impossible
She just finished 2 shots back in a major championship and had 126 putts for the week....that is just flat AWFUL. That is 12 more putts than the winner(Se Ri Pak) and 11 more than the runner up (Karrie Webb).

She will continue to make money based on her length alone.

Gales, when I caddied last month for my friend when the LPGA was in Williamsburg we were paired with Sophie Gustafson. It is UNREAL how far she hits it. A woman should not be allowed to hit the ball 300yards like she does, but she is amazing to watch. Then again, I also watched her not even come close to hitting the hole from 4-5 feet.

Michelle should not be having these putting problems at such an early age. She has no fear at all when hitting her driver or irons, but she needs to carry that same attitude over to her putting. Its easy to be mechanical with the full golf swing and get away with it, but I know of very few GOOD mechanical putters. Michelle is WAY TOO MECHANICAL in her putting. At her young age, she should have alot more feel on and around the greens than she does.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:52 AM
jocko699

Wink

She will improve her putting. I think Leadbetter is not a good fit for her. I would rather see her with Pelz or Harmon. I played behind her a few months ago at Wailaiae and her stroke was alot better than Ive seen in the last 2 weeks. I agree 126 putts for 4 rounds is terrible.

Aloha

Geoff