Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Santa Anita

Default summer in saratoga

lads as many of ye know, im from ireland. Im hoping to spend the summer in the states ( I spent 3 months working in Hyannis MA last year!). I would love to spend it living and working in saratoga as i hear its a lovely city with a great racecourse. Anyway, im just trying to finalise my visa details now(might not get it-as its late). But i am just wondering, if anyone from around the area knows of any summer employment and/or accomodation available, id really appreciate it. You can email me directly at beeforsalmon@yahoo.com if you wish. Take it steady!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Steve Byk

Brock!

Thrilled that you joined.. A pleasure that you're here. (For those unaware, Brock rivals only Somer in longevity on the ESPY Board... The 'Danehill' of posters..)

Drop me a note on the PM system or by Email and we'll see what can be done! Are you looking for something horse-related? Or something else? Let me know...

Steve
Old 06-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Suffolk Downs

Smile Summer in Saratoga

Steve,

Are you planning to do the TG seminars again plus manning the Carlolina Cue stand? Once again plan to visit Early and end of meet. what is the best way to get communicate with you these days? email?

Let me know, been wanting to speak to you on various topics.

Thanks,
NC Tony
Old 06-09-2006, 11:43 AM
pgardn

Just to let some of you know.
Mermaid and I are doing some preplanning to see if we can get to Saratoga this summer.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:15 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Just to let some of you know.
Mermaid and I are doing some preplanning to see if we can get to Saratoga this summer.
sweet if enough of you guys go ill go to and dell also
Old 06-09-2006, 04:33 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
sweet if enough of you guys go ill go to and dell also
We gotta see what week, a timing issue. Men with families and all that rot. But I really want to go in a bad way. I just want to see such a fine track.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:50 AM
5'8".. but all man!

The girlfriend and I are trying to work out us coming up to Toga this year. Im thinking somewhere toward the end of July.
Old 06-11-2006, 09:56 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
The girlfriend and I are trying to work out us coming up to Toga this year. Im thinking somewhere toward the end of July.

Thats about when I would like to go, so that could be fun. You seem to be a very interesting bloke. But I dont have a girlfriend. So if we do happen to meet up at the same time Kev, I would ask that you keep the exchange of saliva and other bodily fluids to a minimum.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockguy
lads as many of ye know, im from ireland. Im hoping to spend the summer in the states ( I spent 3 months working in Hyannis MA last year!). I would love to spend it living and working in saratoga as i hear its a lovely city with a great racecourse. Anyway, im just trying to finalise my visa details now(might not get it-as its late). But i am just wondering, if anyone from around the area knows of any summer employment and/or accomodation available, id really appreciate it. You can email me directly at beeforsalmon@yahoo.com if you wish. Take it steady!
Brock, hope you enjoyed Hyannis. I had a summer place not far from there in Yarmouthport. The Irish visitors have always made the summer fun on the Cape!!! Especially, the red headed chickies . If you have no luck up in 'Toga and you're on the Cape, please feel welcome over my place sometime. Goes for anyone on the board (depending on how much I have had to drink ).
Old 06-12-2006, 12:28 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Thats about when I would like to go, so that could be fun. You seem to be a very interesting bloke. But I dont have a girlfriend. So if we do happen to meet up at the same time Kev, I would ask that you keep the exchange of saliva and other bodily fluids to a minimum.
Interesting??? Yeah...that and a whole lot more would describe me. No worries though Patrick, im not into vouyerism
Old 06-12-2006, 04:02 PM
The Curragh

kev, you got a girl? when did this happen
Old 06-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Kev and others, if you do plan a trip up, let us know? My riding buddy and I have talked about going up for two years now, but it would be even more fun to go at the same time as some other Trail folks.

My husband is out of town for ten weeks this summer, doing a play in Ohio, so I can indulge my racing sickness to the fullest. Proving there really is a silver lining to every cloud.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
top predator.

all of you --if you don't mind one more, I live in VT and go most sundays (it's my only day off) love to meet some other like minded.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
Brock, hope you enjoyed Hyannis. I had a summer place not far from there in Yarmouthport. The Irish visitors have always made the summer fun on the Cape!!! Especially, the red headed chickies . If you have no luck up in 'Toga and you're on the Cape, please feel welcome over my place sometime. Goes for anyone on the board (depending on how much I have had to drink ).

Suffolk man, yeah i loved hyannis last year, really nice, the people are spot on! Went down to west Yarmouth a few times, i liked it..
Wasnt able to get visa for summer(well could have but not til end of july!) so will be visiting the states rather than working there this summer.

#Grand
Old 06-14-2006, 07:27 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
kev, you got a girl? when did this happen
hard to believe aint it Jer??? Its been going on over a month....I kept it quite for a little bit.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:58 PM
Del Mar

Kev:
I give this girl 3, maybe 4 close losing photos at the track and shes a gonner! She'll be out of your life faster than Anew shot out of that gate the other day.

Do not take this gurl to the racetrack. Stay home and bake cookies with her and go on long walks on the beach. Thats a recipe for it working out!
Old 06-14-2006, 08:59 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Kev:
I give this girl 3, maybe 4 close losing photos at the track and shes a gonner! She'll be out of your life faster than Anew shot out of that gate the other day.

Do not take this gurl to the racetrack. Stay home and bake cookies with her and go on long walks on the beach. Thats a recipe for it working out!
She is more excited about going than I am Tim. Its all she is talking about.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
She is more excited about going than I am Tim. Its all she is talking about.
I like her already!
Old 06-15-2006, 05:46 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk
I like her already!
The question is, is she still gonna like me after Saturday?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Del Mar

"She is more excited about going than I am Tim"

She has no idea what she is getting herself into. Just dont throw change in her face when she laughs after you lose a close photo. I did that once, but it worked out for the best as the girl turned out to be a two timing tramp. It was the best photo I have ever lost in my life.