Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Oriental Park

Default mavericks - tonight - wrap it up

I think it's over tonight. Mavs should seal the deal tonight.

It will then be a tough series with Miami, but, I think it will be Dallas and Avery Johnson - - i don't want to mention the owner but , give him credit for turning around a dead franchise.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
I think it's over tonight. Mavs should seal the deal tonight.

It will then be a tough series with Miami, but, I think it will be Dallas and Avery Johnson - - i don't want to mention the owner but , give him credit for turning around a dead franchise.
The Mavs were built to compete against the Spurs and Shaq. When they arrived on the playoff scene they were exposed by Nash being exposed to the guard play of the spurs and Laker guard play. No Dampier in the Suns games but he will be key against the Heat. He was signed for this reason to compete against Shaq [he still has a way to go]. Griffin will also be a little used player in the Suns series that will be key in he Heat series. I may be a homer but in my eyes Avery is coaching at a masterful level. Even with Rileys experience I think Avery will not be outcoached.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:56 PM
pgardn

Avery is not an X's and O's guy. He is a guy that wills teams to win. He showed that against the Spurs. They have Dampier and Diope to give 10 fouls on Shaq. Wade is the key. Nowitzki game has been elevated from crybaby, to winner superstar with the change in coaches. Avery did the same thing as a player. He was super fast but had no jump shot or right hand. He found a way. That is what he is doing with a talented team.
Dallas will be able to but multiple types of defenders on Wade, unlike Detroit. Ill take the Mavs.
Shaq will not be able to sit around against Dallas... he will have to move his butt a whole lot more against the Mavs.