Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Florida trailers....

Hey guys, I know lots of you are from - or have knowledge of - the general Florida area. I'm thinking about going down to run a marathon in January in Orlando. Any of you ever know anybody who ran the Disney marathon? What's the best value place to stay in the Orlando area?

Thanks in advance....
Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 PM
Sunshine Park

Live in So Fl. and have 2 little ones so we get up to Orlando at least 2-3 x per year. I have a number of friends and coworkers who have run or continue to run in that Marathon on an annual basis. I HIGHLY recommend using PRICELINE.COM for hotels in the Orlando area. Not sure how much you are willing to spend, but I have never paid more than $65 per night for a 3 star property (and they have all been either on or within a block of Disney Grounds), though never on the Marathon Weekend. I don't suggest going any lower than 3 stars as I am not sure what type property you might get. For less than $65 I have stayed at the Hilton, Doubletree Suites, Ramada, and a Wyndham Resort (the least desirable was the Ramada which was just OK, but fine for the money). The rooms on the hotels websites for the dates I have stayed have ranged from $100-$300 if you called direct to the hotel or booked online.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:12 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
Hey guys, I know lots of you are from - or have knowledge of - the general Florida area. I'm thinking about going down to run a marathon in January in Orlando. Any of you ever know anybody who ran the Disney marathon? What's the best value place to stay in the Orlando area?

Thanks in advance....
If you want to stay near Disney, anywhere on Irlo Bronson higway (192) is reasonable. I stay at a Hampton Inn there during spring training (baseball).

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...%20Attractions

Follow me with the Rays grounds crew at
https://twitter.com/TripleCrown59
www.facebook.com/TripleCrown59

K&S pics-
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...0BYtWrhw2csXLA