Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2008, 01:31 PM
Flemington

Default What?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...tim&id=3272282

Have Torre or Kurkjian really been watching LOWE pitch during the season lately? Half the time (it seems) he gets blown out in the 1st 3 innings.This has to be a pretty good "bet the over" play.He can give up 5 or 6 runs before you get the f'n 1st beer down.Yeah,he will keep going out to the mound every 5 games,but it doesn't mean you have to reward him by keeping him in until he gives up 6 runs.The guy either has his junk biting down low,or he doesn't.If he doesn't,it's gun be a massacre(an ass-kickin' massacre.)
Old 03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Flemington

I think this is a contract year for Lowe, so he might suprise you this year. It seems like the majority of these guys have pretty decent seasons when there is a big payday ahead of them.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
I think this is a contract year for Lowe, so he might suprise you this year. It seems like the majority of these guys have pretty decent seasons when there is a big payday ahead of them.
Exactly, for serious fantasy players, this is the way to go, 90% of your players have above their average years because they want to get paid.

Amazing that the focus gets tuned up a notch when a couple million are on the line
Old 03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Randwyck

Pierre to bat leadoff. Eithier odd man out.
A's have interest in Juan "El Stinky" Pierre.

Add to Scuds Ulcer.
Who still hasn't replied to my LA Dodger disco (whatever you call it) thread.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:17 AM
Morris Park

Contract year is something to fear with Lowe. His last contract year with the Sox was a disaster (5.4 ERA)....but buried in the sand by his playoff/ WS form.

What Scuds says is true about Lowe being mercurial. By his own admission Lowe is a headcase and has a hard time working through adversity on the mound. Be it getting hit hard by 2 batters in a row...or a big error being made behind him. Once things get rough the wheels come off in short order. Once he starts sweating hard and looking up to the sky its over, 1st inning or 5th. Grady was too busy making sure not to spit on his shoelaces to see the signs i guess.

When Lowe's on and his sink is dumping... 7 innings of groundballs to Furcal and Kent.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Flemington

He and Penny both sweat like they're in the jungle.It's a party...No doubt.What's the other weirdness? Lowe pitches better when his arm is tired? I think he pitches better with a National audience watching.He is just not put together mentally for regular season stuff.Please tell me they aren't gunna start him opening day...again.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Sha Tin

Kuroda rules
Old 03-08-2008, 01:55 AM
Morris Park

Penny will get the opening day start. Saw him at Santa Anita in January when "Excess Temptations" was running. His father was with him and looked like a typical socal owner type in the walking ring. Penny of course had a cowboy hat and boots on to make sure everyone knew he was from Ok. Great pitcher and always looking like a Cy Young contender for the first half of the season. Then he fades and Lowe warms up.

Kuroda looks pretty damn good and the Dodgers have always had good luck with the Japanese guys.....at least for the first year. (Nomo, Ishii, Saito).

Of note, Laroche tore a tendon in his throwing hand today and needs surgery. 6-8 weeks. Nomar sleeps well tonight.