Old 11-06-2021, 04:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konk View Post
STFU
GFY
??

GO F.UCK YOURSELF

If you were actually a bettor you’d realize what a travesty this was for bettors. But you’re not.
Old 11-07-2021, 01:24 PM
Detroit Race Course

Oh.my
Old 11-07-2021, 01:36 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Oh.my
Truth hurts, huh?
Old 11-08-2021, 12:18 PM
Detroit Race Course

Which truth, the real one or you fantasy one?
Old 11-08-2021, 06:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Which truth, the real one or you fantasy one?
Bettors were screwed out of literally millions because of a mistake and your response was that the bettor was at fault for not knowing the rules.

If what you took out of what happened Friday was that the bettor should know the rules you either don't bet or are an assh.ole. Or a mixture of both.

I've only.seen one other person online defending it and he's a non bettor and an assh.ole so....
Old 11-09-2021, 11:40 AM
Detroit Race Course

Capital letters and punctuation....impressive. Did you type with both hands or are you still winging it Jeffery Toobin style?
Old 11-09-2021, 01:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Capital letters and punctuation....impressive. Did you type with both hands or are you still winging it Jeffery Toobin style?
You're not sure how to respond to me, are you?

It's pretty amusing to watch.

Nothing wrong with being a non bettor. Wear that badge proudly.
Old 11-09-2021, 04:04 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You're not sure how to respond to me, are you?

It's pretty amusing to watch.

Nothing wrong with being a non bettor. Wear that badge proudly.
Not nearly as amusing you try to appear relevant.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Keeneland

Relevant to who exactly? I'm posting on a message board under the moniker "Dahoss."

I don't care who likes me or dislikes me. But it sure was important for you to appear smart with your initial post in this thread. Again, I've only seen one other person have your take. He's a non betting assh.ole.

Just like you.
Old 11-09-2021, 06:48 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Bettors were screwed out of literally millions because of a mistake and your response was that the bettor was at fault for not knowing the rules.

If what you took out of what happened Friday was that the bettor should know the rules you either don't bet or are an assh.ole. Or a mixture of both.

I've only.seen one other person online defending it and he's a non bettor and an assh.ole so....
Just to make a point, the millions were actually paid to bettors who were not part of the post time favorite debacle.

That said, the whole situation left the bettors (who along with owners fund the game) at the curb with the weekly trash pickup.

The question in my mind remains the same : "What is wrong about this situation at its core?" Two issues come to mind.

[1] Horizontal wagers that are moved to the post-time favorite are the root cause problem. Bettors deserve consolation payoffs for scratched horses that reward the equity earned through the successful selections in other races of the bet. Eliminate this strange post-time favorite substitution rule once and for all. Consolations are calculated for doubles and some Pick-3s in some jurisdictions, but not all.

[2] Establish uniform rules for handling horizontal wager scratches across all States. How many times have we seen questions about scratch handling that varies based on the track/state?

Some (including tote system providers) will say that calculating these consolation payoffs can be extremely difficult and might require significant algorithm updates.

Yes, all true. So just get to it - protecting the bettor depends on action being taken at the tote system algorithm level.
Old 11-09-2021, 07:07 PM
Keeneland

To your first point…yes and no. How about the bettors who had the 1 on their tickets?

I have no issue with your solutions. I just know that bettors were not afforded the same protection as the owner was in this case. And that’s a shame…on our biggest stage.

Imagine the few time a year gambler who correctly picked the first 4 races in the pick 5 who was alive to Modern Games? How do you explain this and how could you possibly convince said person to ever bet again?
Old 11-09-2021, 09:49 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
How do you explain this and how could you possibly convince said person to ever bet again?
How about if Stabile had a tip on a sure thing?
Old 11-09-2021, 10:28 PM
Detroit Race Course

Quote:
Relevant to who exactly? I'm posting on a message board under the moniker "Dahoss."

I don't care who likes me or dislikes me. But it sure was important for you to appear smart with your initial post in this thread. Again, I've only seen one other person have your take. He's a non betting assh.ole.

Just like you.
You are so freaking ignorant it is sad. You have no clue what you are talking about. Again. Jeffery, baby, where did I say I agreed with anything? The OP said he wanted to ask his ADW for a refund. That is what posted about - the rules prohibit that. But smart-ass STFU reply was my first clue you were an idiot. You calling me a non-bettor sealed the deal. That coming from a cry baby who in another thread whined about Rosario costing him a $4 double. Dude, I tip the track bartender more than that!

And Jeffery, you even misspelled ash.hole. Maybe you should sneak back to school to try again. With Covid face masks and your personality, you could probably pass for a 5th grader.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:13 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
You are so freaking ignorant it is sad. You have no clue what you are talking about. Again. Jeffery, baby, where did I say I agreed with anything? The OP said he wanted to ask his ADW for a refund. That is what posted about - the rules prohibit that. But smart-ass STFU reply was my first clue you were an idiot. You calling me a non-bettor sealed the deal. That coming from a cry baby who whined about Rosario costing him a $4 double in another thread. Dude, I tip the track bartender more than that!

And Jeffery, you even misspelled ash.hole. Maybe you should sneak back to school to try again. With Covid face masks and your personality, you could probably pass for a 5th grader.
Dude, have a heart. You will not find a more informed player than Dahoss. The guy has been betting and following racing closely for decades. His opinion is valued and respected by key opinion leaders in racing. To say he has earned his keep is the understatement of the year and worthy of an Idiacy Eclipse. He understands most, if not all, of the intricacies of horse racing. So let it go. You are out of bounds.
Old 11-10-2021, 07:58 AM
Jerome Park

Who's Jeffery?

I'm so confused.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:00 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
You are so freaking ignorant it is sad. You have no clue what you are talking about. Again. Jeffery, baby, where did I say I agreed with anything? The OP said he wanted to ask his ADW for a refund. That is what posted about - the rules prohibit that. But smart-ass STFU reply was my first clue you were an idiot. You calling me a non-bettor sealed the deal. That coming from a cry baby who in another thread whined about Rosario costing him a $4 double. Dude, I tip the track bartender more than that!

You seem angry.

Good
Old 11-10-2021, 08:02 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Who's Jeffery?

I'm so confused.
I was trying to figure it out myself. I guess Toobin as he called me that earlier in the thread.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:09 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

You spelled Jeffrey wrong.
Old 11-10-2021, 08:28 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
You spelled Jeffrey wrong.
Part of my point:-)