Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2020, 10:12 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Gross Beat on Brass Ring..
The one with Argonne later was even worse. Long meet.
Old 08-15-2020, 10:18 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Meet totals
$168 wagered
$93.80 returned

Day 22
Best bet-Race 2-#4 Brass Ring
Longshot- Race 5- #1 Officer Country
Nada on both

Meet totals
$176 wagered
$93.80 returned

Day 23
Best bet- Race 8- #4 Domestic Spending- I think today is his coming out party. As good as Decorated Invader is, I think the added distance helps my pick more and is set up for a big effort
Longshot- Race 11- #3 Brickyard- not the best of rides last time, would’ve been right there with clean trio and has some upside unlike a lot of these
Old 08-15-2020, 10:50 AM
Ellis Park

Default Toga early-p-5

Bet type: Pick 5
Bet Amount $0.50
Bet Total: $405.00
Selection(s)
L1=248
L2=569
L3=345
L4=235678
L5=2371011
:
Old 08-15-2020, 04:18 PM
Dancer

Default Now There !!!

Quote:
Nada on both

Meet totals
$176 wagered
$93.80 returned

Day 23
Best bet- Race 8- #4 Domestic Spending- I think today is his coming out party. As good as Decorated Invader is, I think the added distance helps my pick more and is set up for a big effort
Longshot- Race 11- #3 Brickyard- not the best of rides last time, would’ve been right there with clean trio and has some upside unlike a lot of these
Great Call ... beautiful analysis ... congrats !!!
Old 08-16-2020, 10:53 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Nada on both

Meet totals
$176 wagered
$93.80 returned

Day 23
Domestic Spending got it done, paying $16.40 and $5.70. Brickyard moved too soon into a race that collapsed but at the end of the day it wouldn’t have mattered.

Meet totals
$184 bet
$115.90

Day 24 Don’t like today’s card at all and will be treading lightly, but...
Best bet- Race 10- #4 Red Zinger- the move from Contessa to Englehart alone has to be worth many lengths and this one had some ability at some point. Should sit a good trip in the second flight
Longshot- Race 9- #5 Key Biscayne- the Mott Euro is the wildcard, so maybe she’s really good, but of the horses coming out of the Lake Placid, Key Biscayne is the one I want. She was wide while the others all saved ground and was making up some ground late. She’s going to be in the 15-1 range, and I’d love to see Manny get aggressive because she had some tactical speed earlier in her career.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:04 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Domestic Spending got it done, paying $16.40 and $5.70. Brickyard moved too soon into a race that collapsed but at the end of the day it wouldn’t have mattered.

Meet totals
$184 bet
$115.90

Best bet- Race 10- #4 Red Zinger- the move from Contessa to Englehart alone has to be worth many lengths and this one had some ability at some point. Should sit a good trip in the second flight
Longshot- Race 9- #5 Key Biscayne- the Mott Euro is the wildcard, so maybe she’s really good, but of the horses coming out of the Lake Placid, Key Biscayne is the one I want. She was wide while the others all saved ground and was making up some ground late. She’s going to be in the 15-1 range, and I’d love to see Manny get aggressive because she had some tactical speed earlier in her career.
Nice call on Domestic Spending and at a very nice price for a Chad Brown turf horse.
Old 08-16-2020, 11:10 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Nice call on Domestic Spending and at a very nice price for a Chad Brown turf horse.
Thanks man. Always nice when your opinion on a horse is proven correct, especially after so many tough meets.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:43 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$184 bet
$115.90

Key Biscayne an okay 3rd at a big price. Red Zinger was awful

Meet totals
$192 bet
$115.90 returned

Day 25
Best bet- Race 6- #1 Rivendell- was very good breaking maiden in debut and finds a field where it is hard to have much confidence in anyone else. Might be pretty good.
Longshot- Race 9- #10 Little Red Button- another impossible field but at least this one has moved forward in each grass start. First time going two turns and post no bargain but hopefully Cancel can save ground
Old 08-19-2020, 12:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

Meet totals
$192 bet
$115.90 returned

Day 25
Best bet- Race 6- #1 Rivendell- was very good breaking maiden in debut and finds a field where it is hard to have much confidence in anyone else. Might be pretty good.
Longshot- Race 9- #10 Little Red Button- another impossible field but at least this one has moved forward in each grass start. First time going two turns and post no bargain but hopefully Cancel can save ground
I was thinking about picking Rivendell as my best bet but also like Bareeqa there and couldn't decide between the two. The way my picks have been going lately, me not picking Rivendell probably just put her in the winners circle for you.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:40 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$192 bet
$115.90 returned

Day 25
Rivendell seemed to struggle with the going and Little Red Button a good 3rd but weakened late.

Meet totals
$200 wagered
$115.90 returned

Day 26- treading very lightly today. Not thrilled with the card, seems chalky.
Best bet- Race 6- #4 Wild William- Maybe Aragona is right with the ML, but I don’t understand liking or betting Big Wonder at 8/5. Wild William has faced much better recently, had some trouble last time and trainer is having a good meet. I think he figures to sit a good trip and should be a fair price.
Longshot- Race 9- #6 Foolish Ghost- the speed of the speed, drawn well outside other potential speed horses, hoping he can get brave
Old 08-20-2020, 04:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Rivendell seemed to struggle with the going and Little Red Button a good 3rd but weakened late.

Meet totals
$200 wagered
$115.90 returned

Best bet- Race 6- #4 Wild William- Maybe Aragona is right with the ML, but I don’t understand liking or betting Big Wonder at 8/5. Wild William has faced much better recently, had some trouble last time and trainer is having a good meet. I think he figures to sit a good trip and should be a fair price.
Longshot- Race 9- #6 Foolish Ghost- the speed of the speed, drawn well outside other potential speed horses, hoping he can get brave
Great calls today. I’ve got to regroup. I think I’ve been focusing too much on trying to pick longshots.
Old 08-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
Great calls today. I’ve got to regroup. I think I’ve been focusing too much on trying to pick longshots.
Thanks buddy. I was due. Not sure if it’s a good thing or a bad thing that I hated the card and had my best day all meet.
Old 08-20-2020, 06:57 PM
Randwyck

Good calls today
Old 08-20-2020, 07:14 PM
Steve Byk

Nice work Hossy!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblin4ever View Post
Good calls today
Thanks
Old 08-20-2020, 07:15 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Nice work Hossy!
Thanks Steve.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:16 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$200 wagered
$115.90 returned

Wild William got a brilliant ride by Luis Saez, sending hard and took them wire to wire paying $11.40 and $4.50. Foolish Ghost broke running, was headed late and came back at wire for Saez’s 5th on the day paying $13.60 and $7.20.

Meet totals
$208 wagered
$152.60

Day 27
Best bet- Race 6- #4 Duopoly- was well bet in debut and didn’t fire. Showed in her 2nd start why she took all that money as she absolutely romped. Has to contend with her stablemate here but I think she’s very good and we will be seeing her in Stakes next.

Longshot- race 1- #3 Our Destiny- chased a repeat winner last time in open company at Monmouth. Adds blinkers, in with state breds and with an aggressive ride can take these all the way
Old 08-21-2020, 01:15 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Wild William got a brilliant ride by Luis Saez, sending hard and took them wire to wire paying $11.40 and $4.50. Foolish Ghost broke running, was headed late and came back at wire for Saez’s 5th on the day paying $13.60 and $7.20.

Meet totals
$208 wagered
$152.60

Day 27
Best bet- Race 6- #4 Duopoly- was well bet in debut and didn’t fire. Showed in her 2nd start why she took all that money as she absolutely romped. Has to contend with her stablemate here but I think she’s very good and we will be seeing her in Stakes next.

Longshot- race 1- #3 Our Destiny- chased a repeat winner last time in open company at Monmouth. Adds blinkers, in with state breds and with an aggressive ride can take these all the way
You can't lose right now. Another good call.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:

Meet totals
$208 wagered
$152.60

Day 27

Our Destiny got the aggressive ride I hoped for, wiring the first paying $21 and $8.40. Duopoly won impressively again, taking it to them early and late, paying $7.70 and $4.10

Meet totals
$216 wagered
$193.80 returned

Day 28
Best bet- Race 8- #2 Growth Engine- ran well here last summer. Won his prep in fine fashion in Jersey last time and should get plenty of pace to run at.

Longshot- Race 9- #7 Valid Point- it’s worth watching a replay of his last, if for no other reason, watching him have nowhere to go for nearly 3/4’s of the race is really something. I think the fact he shows up here is a very good sign. It’s not like Chad Brown didn’t already hold a strong hand and there were much easier spots he could’ve picked. I won’t pretend to think I can judge workouts, but I watched his workouts since getting to Saratoga and while he is a turf horse, outworked Peter Pan winner Country Grammar on dirt and looks like the rider is having a hard time holding him because he is so full of run. Has more speed than his stablemates early so should get first run and figures to be at least 10-1. Good enough for me.
Old 08-22-2020, 02:09 PM
Randwyck

I hope you're right on your picks today as I've got them both in my p4.