Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Non-Thoroughbred Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM
The Curragh

Default 10/17 Los Alamitos (129K pk6 c/o)

For anyone so inclined...........starts @ race 5, aprox. 10:11pm eastern.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Saratoga

So...how go'd it at Los Quasimodos?
Old 10-25-2010, 12:32 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
So...how go'd it at Los Quasimodos?
Chalky, I think the pool was 420k, and the winning numbers payed 3k.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:38 PM
Saratoga

What a hosing.

Remind me to tell you how I came thisclose to a 25 large winning at The Thistleydowns when they were running the twin tri.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
What a hosing.

Remind me to tell you how I came thisclose to a 25 large winning at The Thistleydowns when they were running the twin tri.
Do tell, I hit that bet @ Tampa Ray for 3 grrr 3 yrs ago.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
Do tell, I hit that bet @ Tampa Ray for 3 grrr 3 yrs ago.

Really?

An admirable score.

I will, but will have to be a little later....it's pretty good.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Saratoga

So here it is...roughly 12 years ago.

I remember this thing as being in the 4th and 6th races.I also recall the first tri pool was looted to put more in the twin tri pool so usually you didn't get a whole lot by winning the first.The details of this are sketchy so I could be off here and there.

Sandie was working with her Brother at this time in a shop they ran .I was home alone.

I can't be trusted .

So I jumped on the bike that would one day kill me and zoomed up for the huge 25 large pot.

Well I better hurry and get there.I did win the first half.It only paid back like 60 dollars or so....had never won this thing before.I felt the pressure going to the IRS window.

It was so intense....that I finally realized the ticket wasn't nearly big enough for the IRS window. Settling down now, I go to a plebe window. The girl cashes it and then asks me what I want for the 2nd half tri. I says...I says..."What?" She proceeded to tell me I had to place that bet before the start of the next race since I cashed the ticket...even though the 2nd half was 2 races ahead.

Well this was another fine mess I had gotten myself into.

So I just told her I'd get it in before the next race....and she gave me like a voucher showing I was eligible.

I scurried to a dark corner and laid out the program on a ledge.I poured over it...I bit all my nails off.....I scratched all my hair out.I was going favorites..no guts.

I went with the 1 and 2....I ciphered out the 4 should take third( You had to do the 2nd half straight, no boxing. The first half you could box it ...but only the 2 dollar variety.)Then I thought.."This..this 6". A longy,but 126 was a huge favorite of mine....and 126 seemed to ensure I would win this all by myself.Yet,124 was really bugging me.It looked right.I just thought if it came in there would be about 20 other 124's,too.

I caved to the 126....couldn't quit it.

It came in 124.

Nobody had it.

Last edited by clyde : 10-25-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
So here it is...roughly 12 years ago.

I remember this thing as being in the 4th and 6th races.I also recall the first tri pool was looted to put more in the twin tri pool so usually you didn't get a whole lot by winning the first.The details of this are sketchy so I could be off here and there.

Sandie was working with her Brother at this time in a shop they ran .I was home alone.

I can't be trusted .

So I jumped on the bike that would one day kill me and zoomed up for the huge 25 large pot.

Well I better hurry and get there.I did win the first half.It only paid back like 60 dollars or so....had never won this thing before.I felt the pressure going to the IRS window.

It was so intense....that I finally realized the ticket wasn't nearly big enough for the IRS window. Settling down now, I go to a plebe window. The girl cashes it and then asks me what I want for the 2nd half tri. I says...I says..."What?" She proceeded to tell me I had to place that bet before the start of the next race since I cashed the ticket...even though the 2nd half was 2 races ahead.

Well this was another fine mess I had gotten myself into.

So I just told her I'd get it in before the next race....and she gave me like a voucher showing I was eligible.

I scurried to a dark corner and laid out the program on a ledge.I poured over it...I bit all my nails off.....I scratched all my hair out.I was going favorites..no guts.

I went with the 1 and 2....I ciphered out the 4 should take third( You had to do the 2nd half straight, no boxing. The first half you could box it ...but only the 2 dollar variety.)Then I thought.."This..this 6". A longy,but 126 was a huge favorite of mine....and 126 seemed to ensure I would win this all by myself.Yet,124 was really bugging me.It looked right.I just thought if it came in there would be about 20 other 124's,too.

I caved to the 126....couldn't quit it.

It came in 124.

Nobody had it.
Aint that the g*ddamn truth. I'm not sure if these are the situations that push normal people to say, fucl< this shiat, and push people such as us horseyplayers to say, fucl< it, I'm betting the whole bankroll on the next even money favorite.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM
The Curragh

Of course as I read your story, it comes 4-1-2 @ Northfield.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Saratoga

Aint that the g*ddamn truth. I'm not sure if these are the situations that push normal people to say, fucl< this shiat, and push people such as us horseyplayers to say, fucl< it, I'm betting the whole bankroll on the next even money favorite.[/quote]

I caught Les Miles 2 minute drillitis.....
Old 10-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
Of course as I read your story, it comes 4-1-2 @ Northfield.
sunnybit.ch!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:20 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
sunnybit.ch!!!!
Ah, it only paid $35 bucks......
Old 10-25-2010, 11:25 PM
Saratoga

And you got me all worked up over that?

Watch 20 Les Miles Fantastic Finishes tonight for penance.