Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2020, 07:31 AM
Hollywood Park

Default al stall//queens plate

good morning,, theres something i cant figure out,,,and ALL of you know this game better then i,
so i see al stall has a horse today in thequeens plate at 50 to 1 morning line
my thoughts are,, why,,,in this day and age of covid,,,with shipping cost,,,with quarenteen, with travel [across the border] why would mr stall bring a horse this far and go through what he has to go through with the covid issue and have owners pay up to ship him there and maybe fees
if he doesnt think he has a shot in this race? does anyone in the forum think ff rocket has a shot in here? thank you
Old 09-12-2020, 08:22 AM
Havre de Grace

they paid $525k for him . taking shot for him ashe won on synth or will be
scr.

Blaise Pascal
Old 09-12-2020, 08:27 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheoutside View Post
good morning,, theres something i cant figure out,,,and ALL of you know this game better then i,
so i see al stall has a horse today in thequeens plate at 50 to 1 morning line
my thoughts are,, why,,,in this day and age of covid,,,with shipping cost,,,with quarenteen, with travel [across the border] why would mr stall bring a horse this far and go through what he has to go through with the covid issue and have owners pay up to ship him there and maybe fees
if he doesnt think he has a shot in this race? does anyone in the forum think ff rocket has a shot in here? thank you
Based on his races, I don’t see him having much of a chance. He’s been working well and broke his maiden switching off dirt to Tapeta so maybe the owner think he’s got a shot to finish somewhere underneath? It’s hard to know what connections are thinking some times.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:37 AM
Keeneland

Owners like to run in marquee races and this is Canada’s Kentucky Derby. I’m sure they realize he has no shot but he will never get an easier chance to run for $1 million so they are taking a shot.

I wouldn’t try and read too much into them running. He’s a Canadian bred and it’s a giant purse.