Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I had no idea he was still training.
Same here
Old 01-30-2015, 10:35 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Same here
He had quit training for a few years because he had gotten a job as farm manager at a big farm in California. After that farm shut down, he started training again.
Old 01-31-2015, 05:31 AM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
He had quit training for a few years because he had gotten a job as farm manager at a big farm in California. After that farm shut down, he started training again.
I could be wrong, but the last good horse he trained was Idiot Proof for the same owner/breeder. Prospect Park definitely heading in the right direction. Finally learning to settle without the blinkers.
Old 01-31-2015, 01:27 PM
Washington Park

Exodus didn't get nominate per Privman story. Porter is a different kind of operation and they don't breed but buy, race and sell after racing career. I think they do a good job of maximizing value by placing the horses right.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Aqueduct

I just saw replay of prospect park and was very impressed. How many times has this horse run? I thought I heard someone say this was his 5th race if so what happened in the other 4 races??? The horse I saw had a pretty good turn of foot
Old 01-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
I just saw replay of prospect park and was very impressed. How many times has this horse run? I thought I heard someone say this was his 5th race if so what happened in the other 4 races??? The horse I saw had a pretty good turn of foot
Yes, this was his 5th race. They sprinted him first time out at Del Mar in July on the synthetic and he ran fair. He dropped way back and made a little late run. They gave him over two months off after that race. His next two races were route races in October and he ran 2nd and 3rd. He wore blinkers in those two races in October. Then they gave him another two months off and took the blinkers off. In his 4th race, he broke his maiden by a neck. It was in his 5th race (yesterday's allowance race) where he really stepped up and ran huge.
Old 01-31-2015, 10:55 PM
Del Mar

I saw something unusual today at Santa Anita. Baffert had a first-time starter in the 3rd race named Z Besha. It was a 5 1/2 furlong race. The horse dropped back to dead last by over 15 lengths and was still 15 back at the quarter pole. He came flying and ran 3rd and only got beaten by 2 1/2 lengths. He was in front by 3 lengths about 100 yards passed the wire. It was a Silky Sullivan type move. This was a horse who the clockers did not like at all. They said he was working lousy. He is by Ghostzapper out of a Holy Bull mare. Zayat owns him. He bought him for $125,000 as a yearling. Stronach (Adena Springs) bred him. I just realized he is a full brother to Judy the Beauty. I'm guessing he must have some type of minor conformation flaw. Stronach usually tries to keep the good ones, although there will always be a good one here or there that falls through the cracks. They must have seen something about him that they didn't like.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 02-01-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:17 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wac View Post
Watch his second start. The early parts. He was very impressive.
Old 02-01-2015, 11:25 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I saw something unusual today at Santa Anita. Baffert had a first-time starter in the 3rd race named Z Besha. It was a 5 1/2 furlong race. The horse dropped back to dead last by over 15 lengths and was still 15 back at the quarter pole. He came flying and ran 3rd and only got beaten by 2 1/2 lengths. He was in front by 3 lengths about 100 yards passed the wire. It was a Silky Sullivan type move. This was a horse who the clockers did not like at all. They said he was working lousy. He is by Ghostzapper out of a Holy Bull mare. Zayat owns him. He bought him for $125,000 as a yearling. Stronach (Adena Springs) bred him. I just realized he is a full brother to Judy the Beauty. I'm guessing he must have some type of minor conformation flaw. Stronach usually tries to keep the good ones, although there will always be a good one here or there that falls through the cracks. They must have seen something about him that they didn't like.
I had him in a small bet yesterday and the Pk4 and Pk5 (like the "other Baffert" angle sometimes)
He was flying at the end. Went directly into my stable watch...be lucky to get 3/2 if he goes 6 or 6.5 next time.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:01 AM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Goer Otis View Post
Madefromlucky

A good looking Looking At Lucky colt. Won last out 12/23 at Gulfstream.
He makes his first start since breaking his maiden on Wednesday at Gulfstream in a 1 1/8 mile $48k allowance. Installed at even money on the morning line.

Gets a trainer switch from John Mazza to Todd Pletcher (!!!)

The owners must definitely be sniffing the Derby Trail.

Cheers from United lounge at the Phoenix airport, where I am still buzzin' from the most amazing Super Bowl ever.

Seattle fans taking it better than I thought they would. Titanic battle. One incredibly moronic brain fart. The Seahawks had their David Tyree moment, but unlike the Giants, they could not convert it.

Otis
Old 02-03-2015, 01:28 AM
v j stauffer

Cross the Line. The Hollendorfer who won the California Derby at Golden Gate. Set to run back in the El Camino Real. Expect that to be a class test as some toughies from So. Cal will probably ship North. Just getting a clue this horse. Think there's a massive upside.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:31 PM
Gulfstream Park

Just ran through the Future Wager PPs...Gorgeous Bird looks interesting. Birdstone pedigree on the bottom. 2 for 2 with Lasix. Watching his next start closely.