Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2020, 05:37 AM
Steve Byk

Default 10/4 (LCH): Arc ~ Enable seeks 3rd

Old 10-01-2020, 05:57 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Man, this race lost so much with the withdrawal of Love. With as much rain as they have gotten and with even more coming before the race, you also have to wonder about Enable. Such a disappointment.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-01-2020, 03:04 PM

The only good thing to come out of this is for American racing fans, Love is now much more likely for the BC Turf.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 10-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
The only good thing to come out of this is for American racing fans, Love is now much more likely for the BC Turf.
I'd be interested if another Arc no-show--Ghaiyyath--was rerouted to the BC Classic. A world of front-running speed (in Europe anyways) and a grandson of Dubai Millennium.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
I'd be interested if another Arc no-show--Ghaiyyath--was rerouted to the BC Classic. A world of front-running speed (in Europe anyways) and a grandson of Dubai Millennium.
I had that same thought but I didn’t mention it cause people always call me dumb for stating what I’d like to see or even suggesting what race a horse should run in if it’s not a strictly traditional spot.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I had that same thought but I didn’t mention it cause people always call me dumb for stating what I’d like to see or even suggesting what race a horse should run in if it’s not a strictly traditional spot.
Oh come on KG, you're dumb for so many other reasons as well.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
As long as you didn't tout Rodrigo de Triano, Moon Ballad, or Dylan Thomas you should get a mulligan.
Old 10-01-2020, 07:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
The US contingent is particularly laughable for this year's BC Turf, so as long as the Euros handle the Keeneland turf, many did not in 2015 as it can really fall apart by that late in the year, though perhaps the two week break this year will help, any that come should crush our horses. Godolphin doesn't take the same shots in the Classic that Coolmore does, Sakhee aside, and I wonder if they are more likely to wait for the World Cup, unless they are retiring him, to try dirt.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:04 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The US contingent is particularly laughable for this year's BC Turf, so as long as the Euros handle the Keeneland turf, many did not in 2015 as it can really fall apart by that late in the year, though perhaps the two week break this year will help, any that come should crush our horses. Godolphin doesn't take the same shots in the Classic that Coolmore does, Sakhee aside, and I wonder if they are more likely to wait for the World Cup, unless they are retiring him, to try dirt.
His record doesn't really play this out but to me he's a bit vulnerable at 12 furlongs with that running style. Then again maybe his running style favors the transition to tighter turns and a shorter stretch. Wouldn't be a concern if there weren't other Euro heavies pointing to the race as he should maul the Americans anyways.

At any rate, he got drilled in the Arc last year and in a 11.5f race last year but maybe that was an issue with Waldgeist (who won both races) or soft ground. His 2 wins at 12f were in a German Group 1 and the delayed Coronation Cup this year, which although on paper had a strong field, you can punch holes in the form. Anthony Van Dyck was an upset Derby winner last year and has performed only moderately well since; Stradivarius is a top classer stayer who was only getting tuned up for the 20-furlong Ascot Gold Cup.

Still, as you said, despite the above, I guess I can't see Arklow or Zulu Alpha getting within 10 lengths of him at any point save the gallop out.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Oh come on KG, you're dumb for so many other reasons as well.
Of course
Old 10-03-2020, 05:36 PM
Oriental Park

If allowed to run (he may test positive from potentially contaminated feed), I'll take Japan in a big upset in the Arc.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:08 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
If allowed to run (he may test positive from potentially contaminated feed), I'll take Japan in a big upset in the Arc.
Never mind; tested positive, out of the race as are 3 others.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Gulfstream Park

2:39 and change final time
Old 10-04-2020, 09:16 AM
Keeneland

Cool to see the Peter Brant silks win the Arc.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:23 AM

As Gosden said, on that ground it was very unlikely that she was going to win the race and she never looked like she had a shot here.