Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
What took so long? Another example of knowing a board member and then getting, at least for a time, a pass.

Since this is directed to me, I will respond......yes, Morty is my friend, and I like him a lot. However, I did not tell him to come here, or even ask him to, and as soon as he came I made it clear to Beth and Steve that if they had any problem with him they should ban him. I also told this to Morty. I have reiterated this a number of times to each of them. He got NO special treatment from ANYBODY because he knew this board member.

Or, perhaps I am confused, and you are refering to someone else. In which case....sorry for my confusion.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Since this is directed to me, I will respond......yes, Morty is my friend, and I like him a lot. However, I did not tell him to come here, or even ask him to, and as soon as he came I made it clear to Beth and Steve that if they had any problem with him they should ban him. I also told this to Morty. I have reiterated this a number of times to each of them. He got NO special treatment from ANYBODY because he knew this board member.

Or, perhaps I am confused, and you are refering to someone else. In which case....sorry for my confusion.
I'm sorry I posted the first comment to begin with....Obviously Andy you couldn't know the guy would go off the deep end. As others have said, I'd just like to see the discourse on the up and up...Didn't need to comment at all. My bad.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:51 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I'm sorry I posted the first comment to begin with....Obviously Andy you couldn't know the guy would go off the deep end. As others have said, I'd just like to see the discourse on the up and up...Didn't need to comment at all. My bad.

No problem. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
stop undermining me. i know i'm who you're talking about. i hate how you talk like it isn't me.

you're an idiot and i hate you.
well, what can you do when god hates you???
Old 03-31-2007, 01:28 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
the site is private property owned by one guy so far as i know. pray he remains a benovelent dictator willing to put up with our crap.

i don't think the supreme court will hear either of our appeals when we get banned.

get a thicker skin.
Hey small g: agree with you on this one...but Randall is not a bad guy. Since I usually hold an opinion converse with alot of posters....I'm frustrated that some unfortunate things are said, and feelings hurt. Our Host put B<S<T into this site and I'll enjoy it as long as I can get away with it!
Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I made it clear to Beth and Steve that if they had any problem with him they should ban him. I also told this to Morty. I have reiterated this a number of times to each of them. He got NO special treatment from ANYBODY because he knew this board member.

Don't mean to offend, as others obviously have, but unfortunately I didn't get the benefit of a babysitter when I joined this forum. Nor do I need one. I suspect had I acted as Morty has managed to do over the course of a week, I would have been dismissed. It's plainly apparent what Morty's objective is in almost every, if not every, thread he has posted. And that is to provoke others and cause consternation in a play to get attention. Little am I to speak, as I've only been around here for a couple months but my only request is for him to show common decency to others and quit making it his objective to simply ANNOY everyone he encounters. If he continues to post in the manner he has, he deserves to be banned. Just as I would if I carried on the way he does.

And before everyone says just ignore him, I do; now. But, this is a FORUM in which members rely on others to partcipate in a manner which is conducive to the overall objectives of both promoting the sport of horse racing and becoming more informed fans. I don't mean that these are the only objectives, but probably the main objectives, and Morty has, so far, done little to further either of them. Instead, this has been his playground to frustrate, or "vaporize", as many members as he can.

Please, I don't want a reaction, I am more than capable of forgiving another and moving on. But, one has to prove themself worthy of being taken seriously when they have promoted themself as Morty has. And, in my opinion, in order to be taken seriously, a degree of transparency is required. The detective act and his "finest work" is probably more suited for another setting, such as the role-playing community... just my opinion. This seemed to be the appropriate place to say such a thing.

As we were...
Old 04-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
Don't mean to offend, as others obviously have, but unfortunately I didn't get the benefit of a babysitter when I joined this forum. Nor do I need one. I suspect had I acted as Morty has managed to do over the course of a week, I would have been dismissed. It's plainly apparent what Morty's objective is in almost every, if not every, thread he has posted. And that is to provoke others and cause consternation in a play to get attention. Little am I to speak, as I've only been around here for a couple months but my only request is for him to show common decency to others and quit making it his objective to simply ANNOY everyone he encounters. If he continues to post in the manner he has, he deserves to be banned. Just as I would if I carried on the way he does.

And before everyone says just ignore him, I do; now. But, this is a FORUM in which members rely on others to partcipate in a manner which is conducive to the overall objectives of both promoting the sport of horse racing and becoming more informed fans. I don't mean that these are the only objectives, but probably the main objectives, and Morty has, so far, done little to further either of them. Instead, this has been his playground to frustrate, or "vaporize", as many members as he can.

Please, I don't want a reaction, I am more than capable of forgiving another and moving on. But, one has to prove themself worthy of being taken seriously when they have promoted themself as Morty has. And, in my opinion, in order to be taken seriously, a degree of transparency is required. The detective act and his "finest work" is probably more suited for another setting, such as the role-playing community... just my opinion. This seemed to be the appropriate place to say such a thing.

As we were...
Well said,jman! It's called 'stirring the pot'! And Mort does it well!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Arlington Park

Court jesters had a long history.

King James had Archibald Armstrong.

Charles I had Jeffrey Hudson.

Usually they were executed in due course.
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Court jesters had a long history.

King James had Archibald Armstrong.

Charles I had Jeffrey Hudson.

Usually they were executed in due course.
tough crowd!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581

As we were...

Well said Jman.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Thistley Downs

Boy.

I did not see this until now.

My beloved Buckeyes are mekin' me sick.

Anyways......is Andrew the best...or what?

NO...he didn't ask me here. NO he doesn't protect me here.

And NO...he doesn't like me anyway.

Some of you I might have guessed would stab me firmly in the back.

Mighty white a ya.

I would like to apologize to BuffyMommy.

My attack was in fun....ah like the name ya got.

I have no idea what you look like or who you are. I did not mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I make fun of each and every fool here including myself.

So again ,BM, I........

...Oh my God.

I didn't mean that.

I apologize BuffyMommy.

I'm sure you're swell and feminine and beautiful.

I'm a moo-cow....how's that?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Not you Steve. Not you at all. I said it had nothing to do with a mod....AS I've said numerous times, consistency is the key. And you Steve, are consistent....Sorry if you took it that way.

Ya meant it and ya know ya did.

What a weasel.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Idlewild Airport

Hey moron, get it right, you sure as hell know I meant that this place is better without you here and you should still be gone. Yes. I didn't mean to involve your friend who its not his fault you are a complete loser...So why you are around is beyond me and why people continue to feed you since you are a troll is even worse.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Hey moron, get it right, you sure as hell know I meant that this place is better without you here and you should still be gone. Yes. I didn't mean to involve your friend who its not his fault you are a complete loser...So why you are around is beyond me and why people continue to feed you since you are a troll is even worse.
Whoa Randall, blood boiling? You better not be this mean at Saratoga
Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Thistley Downs

After rereading here....it should be obvious I got no special treatment.

I can think of at least 67 other posters who should have gone the way of the hand stop watch...but they remianed while I caught one right between the eyes.

So I think most of you carpping about the whole deal ought to stick your heads back in the sand.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Whoa Randall, blood boiling? You better not be this mean at Saratoga
Wait a second this scum calls me a weasel and I'm mean. Are you freaking serious?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:

Can'tdall.

And you wonder why??
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Wait a second this scum calls me a weasel and I'm mean. Are you freaking serious?

Don't ya just hate the guy?
Idlewild Airport

That's right Morty, back to your "Well Now" thread...You add so much to this board.
Saratoga

Quote:
Didn't see this, carry on. JUST CHECKING YOU HOMIE!!!!