Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattleallstar
I love you cajun, and im none too pleased with the way Daytona went down
Me either, Jerry. More because of what happened to my ex and how hurt he is over the whole situation. I'm tired of people talking smack about him and accusing him of doing it himself, when in reality, he wasn't the one who put stuff in the fuel. It makes me really upset, and I wish there was something I could do. NASCAR has actually done the impossible this past week... made me want to turn the channel away from the cars.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
You really cant blame people for missing a guy like Mike. While his personality probably doesnt gel with a lot of people, he went out of his way to give information out about this sport that you really need to be in the biz to know and gave info about horses he very well should have kept to himself. Communicating with him on email is better for me personally. So because of that, I dont really care if he posts here or not.

As for Balleto, is she real or not? I have heard shes a guy imitating a very attractive girl. Is this true?
Gander,

I've never met her, but I've spoken to her on the phone numerous times and can tell you she's a chick. From what I understand, there is ONE member on this board who has met her, and he evidently has chosen to keep his mouth shut concerning her and that's his perogative. I believe that she's who she says she is, though. Just my take.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Like sands thru an hour glass these are the Days of Our Lives. ha ha ha
Old 02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

The NYTimes has an article today on why people respond online in ways they don't in person- it's not only the anonymity (did I spell that right?) of it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/20/he...ce&oref=slogin

I'm going to post this on a separate thread, too, because I think it's good reading.

What I found interesting is one of the things the internet usually lacks that many in-person situations have is an authority figure. So, with Steve, et al, monitoring the site, it's not so much censoring as making the board run a little bit more like a face-to-face conversation would.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Santa Anita

And aren't I a good girl for not getting in on this thread before now? My mommy always taught me if I don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

Seriously though, I do miss Joel's posts. I may not have always agreed with him, but he was intelligent and was always very nice to me.

I don't know what went on with Balletto. But I believe if Cajun talked to her, then she is a SHE. She seemed a little wild but not harmful.

Now some of the others? I will plead the fifth.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
And aren't I a good girl for not getting in on this thread before now? My mommy always taught me if I don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all.

Seriously though, I do miss Joel's posts. I may not have always agreed with him, but he was intelligent and was always very nice to me.

I don't know what went on with Balletto. But I believe if Cajun talked to her, then she is a SHE. She seemed a little wild but not harmful.

Now some of the others? I will plead the fifth.
I'll tell Joel you miss him, Buffy. He misses posting on here too.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy

She is a female, that is for certain. Having not met her in person I can't attest to the fact that she is WHO she says she is, but I have no reason to doubt it. She has WAY too many photos of that girl, and has sent ones spur of the moment over her cell to me. It strikes me as odd that she would pretend to be some girl, and that this girl doesn't think it's weird that Al has unfettered access to her and takes hundreds of photos of her and hasn't caught on that she is pretending to be her?

Seems too weird to be true, so my reasoning says that she has got to be who she is. Wild? For certain.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:40 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I'll tell Joel you miss him, Buffy. He misses posting on here too.
OK. Tell him to come back. He always had intelligent things to say. I liked reading what he wrote.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:56 PM

To be honest with you all, I hadn't even realized these folks weren't posting...
Old 02-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
You really cant blame people for missing a guy like Mike. While his personality probably doesnt gel with a lot of people, he went out of his way to give information out about this sport that you really need to be in the biz to know and gave info about horses he very well should have kept to himself. Communicating with him on email is better for me personally. So because of that, I dont really care if he posts here or not.

As for Balleto, is she real or not? I have heard shes a guy imitating a very attractive girl. Is this true?
Not true. I have met her.