Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Narragansett Park

I am sure this is innocent enough. 2Hot wanted to know what happened to them. Well I must say, I've missed a thread or two that were then obviously deleted for due cause. That doesn't mean i didn't have to ask the group to let me know what had happened to someone. I'll just say that I am sure they are either gone for good cause or chose to leave. I think the site and most of us are great. Let's have fun and not think anyone is calling anyone out.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 AM
Steve Byk

I get the feeling there's an agenda with the initial question. Simply put though, the answer is covered in the Terms of Service statement in the Announcement Section at the top of the pages.

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

I'm not discussing specific instances, except to say that some of the people mentioned are choosing not to post and some are banned. Hate speech, intolerance and other anti-social behaviors aren't welcome here, and I'm sorry if you find my arbitration odious. Decisions are made with the greater good in mind, and I believe the atmosphere set via that administration to be as positive as it can be. Based on the fact that on a daily basis 300+ people are posting, more than 800 view the Forum, and we're averaging 50 new members a week, I'll stand by the decisions I've made.

Last edited by Kasept : 02-17-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Sheepshead Bay

I don't know what Oracle did to not be posting here anymore, I missed a couple of weeks, but I wish he was still posting. I never met him in person or talked to him off the board, but I learned more from him about handicapping and this game than anyone...Based on some of the postings, seems some that know him, had some issues with him, but I can't speak to that since I had not met him...That being said this is still a good site and hopefully I'll get to meet up with some of the DTer's during Derby Week...
Old 02-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Fairgrounds

Repent doesn't beat around the Bush and says some **** that makes Tim Hardaway look like a saint. So I'm assuming he's gone for that reason. When Repent talks horsies, he's one of the smartest on here... It's when he talks about... anything else... yeah just about anything else is where he needs to put his foot in his mouth.

As for Baletto... I'm assuming she's busy with school n'stuff. Cajungator, any ideas where she is?
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 02-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
I get the feeling there's an agenda with the initial question. Simply put though, the answer is covered in the Terms of Service statement in the Announcement Section at the top of the pages.

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/announcement.php?f=2

I'm not discussing specific instances, except to say that some of the people mentioned are choosing not to post and some are banned. Hate speech, intolerance and other anti-social behaviors aren't welcome here, and I'm sorry if you find my arbitration odious. Decisions are made with the greater good in mind, and I believe the atmosphere set via that administration to be as positive as it can be. Based on the fact that on a daily basis 300+ people are posting, more than 800 view the Forum, and we're averaging 50 new members a week, I'll stand by the decisions I've made.
Steve has made this clear enough...no sense bringing it up anymore. These are the reasons why those posters are gone. For those who like to create trouble...beware! This is a great site! We can have fun, but when you step over the bounds over and over...you pay the price!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 02-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Arlington Park

Default They're Ain't That Many Rules

Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box.

These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box.

There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box.

No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box.

Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:23 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Them clothes got laundry numbers on them. Any man forgets his number spends a night in the box.

These here spoons you keep with you. Any man loses his spoon spends a night in the box.

There's no playing grab-ass or fighting in the building. Any man playing grab-ass or fighting in the building spends a night in the box.

No one'll sit in the bunks with dirty pants on. Any man with dirty pants on sitting on the bunks spends a night in the box.

Any man don't bring back his empty pop bottle spends a night in the box.
"What we DON'T have here is a failure to communicate.."

Old 02-17-2007, 09:38 AM
zcvbfedtythkkjhyyg

Its ok dont cry we are geting better and enjoy the new members.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
why would you call out a guy like btw..trust me or dont hes a frigging saint for sharing his oppinions on this board..all those you mention as replacments are a joke ..this guy btw is speaking at the n.h.c.s for 500 a pop in vegas...i dare you to relpy with anything that validates your statment.............
Seriously. BTW's posts on trip handicapping last week were the most informative I've read on the subject and something he definitely didn't have to share with us.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Dee Tee Stables

some of those board members were not banned, they have chosen not to come and play right now. oracle will be back someday, maybe--that's up to him. i believe joel is also one who chose to take his ball and go home.

as for some of the others, such as repent and balletto-they pretty much ignored or broke every rule that everyone must follow.

it's not as tho anyone is banned at the first sign of trouble. there are warnings, benchings, etc. it's not like the sword of damocles just suddenly fell down on them without warning.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Idlewild Airport

Its funny, I liked Repent. He's a bit nuts on some social stuff but I always got a kick out of the guy.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
Its funny, I liked Repent. He's a bit nuts on some social stuff but I always got a kick out of the guy.
he was vicious. sometimes he seemed almost sane. but he went way too far over the top too often. i don't miss him one bit. i enjoyed some of joels stuff, and oracles...maybe they'll come back.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
yeah, once you get past the intolerance, bigotry, and xenophobia he was really quite pleasant.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Steve Byk

Anyone that wants to regularly applaud or encourage the death of specific groups of people based on political, social, religious or sexual proclivities can do so elsewhere..
Old 02-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
yeah, once you get past the intolerance, bigotry, and xenophobia he was really quite pleasant.
I always wondered how he knew Smarty Jones voted Democrat.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I always wondered how he knew Smarty Jones voted Democrat.
his 'guy' at the fbi--or was it cia--probably told him!
Old 02-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
his 'guy' at the fbi--or was it cia--probably told him!
Or that Smarty had never actually punched a homosexual or offered to host a KKK meeting in his stall....all signs of horses with san francisco values.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
danzatore

Quote:

The lad seemed to have a higher calling.......like trying to establish a communique and link-up with Marshall Applegate and crew during their next orbital pass by planet Earth.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Santa Anita

As far as I know Repent is back on thoroughbrednet as mineshaft defending Cole Norman and applauding the death of a Clinton relative in the motor vehicle accident...(if anyone really wants to find him that bad!)
Old 02-17-2007, 12:02 PM
Randwyck

Oracle posts on the espn board infrequently and his story for why he doesn't post here is there also. I just think he got burned out, but i do think he'll be back at some point.