Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeker2 View Post
Impressive - few knew his last name on the show
Oh now I notice the avatar! God I'm an idiot.

Yes mah dear one I always like the 2nd, 3rd or in his case maybe 6th banana types.

One of the gresat things about being sick and staying home from school.

Adieu, Lumpy.

(Sorry if I seem disrespectful to the events in Boston. I am not heartless. Really).
Old 04-16-2013, 11:48 AM
Ocala Mike

Default explosions at boston marathon

I predict it's going to be a "lone wolf." Probably some college kid (God knows plenty of them up there); NY Post will designate him "The Boston Mangler."
Old 04-16-2013, 11:57 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I predict it's going to be a "lone wolf." Probably some college kid (God knows plenty of them up there); NY Post will designate him "The Boston Mangler."
Something doesn't sit right with me about the Injured kid they consider the suspect. Why would he hang around and put himself in harms way after putting bombs in trash can?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM
Del Mar

April 15 was the 65th anniversary of the birth of the country Israel. That seems like a possible motive. My guess is that they have the right guy in custody. The people in the area said he was acting suspiciously and then he took off running right after the blast. They tackled him before he could get away. I'm sure he wasn't the only one who took off running. However he was the only one that the people tackled and held until the police got there. Is it possible that they tackled him simply because he looked foreign? Sure it is possible but I would say it is more likely that there was something suspicious about his behavior.

My guess is that they have the right guy but you never know. Richard Jewell looked like a good suspect in the Atlanta bombing and he turned out to be totally innocent.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Something doesn't sit right with me about the Injured kid they consider the suspect. Why would he hang around and put himself in harms way after putting bombs in trash can?
to see mayhem ensue that he caused?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
to see mayhem ensue that he caused?
You can see the blast and mayhem from a couple bocks away then walk closer after the blast. Why stand close enough to get blasted yourself?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
You can see the blast and mayhem from a couple bocks away then walk closer after the blast. Why stand close enough to get blasted yourself?
well, he may not be the guy. they might have grabbed him because of how he looks.
and maybe he's really stupid? many criminals aren't exactly bright.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just saw that a letter sent to a miss. senator contained a substance that has been found to be ricin.

sh!t.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Havre de Grace

we will catch them. and will catch them now. they fcked with the wrong city.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
just saw that a letter sent to a miss. senator contained a substance that has been found to be ricin.

sh!t.
It never ends...what's next..

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...y-poision?lite

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
just saw they have a suspect for the mailing.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
just saw they have a suspect for the mailing.
You see this..

Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say.

Quote:
A letter addressed to President Barack Obama tested positive for the poison ricin and was from the same sender who mailed a letter to a senator that also tested positive, officials told NBC News on Wednesday.

The letter to Obama was intercepted at an off-site White House mail facility Tuesday and was being tested further, a Secret Service official told NBC News. A federal law enforcement official said that the letter was “very similar” to one addressed to Sen. Roger Wicker, R-Miss.

Federal officials told NBC News that they believe they know who sent the letters, but no arrest was made because authorities were waiting for further test results.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...cials-say?lite

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 AM
Oriental Park

I'm not trying to be glib here but have any of these poisoned pieces of mail ever worked? I know there have been successful mail bombs but these "poisoned letters" seem like a sure way to get arrested without any meaningful results.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Flemington

The Associated Press ‏@AP 4m BREAKING: Law enforcement official: Arrest imminent in Boston Marathon bombing, suspect to be brought to court.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
The Associated Press ‏@AP 4m BREAKING: Law enforcement official: Arrest imminent in Boston Marathon bombing, suspect to be brought to court.
This means they have the suspected bomber. They would not risk him killing himself.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Some much for being imminent, still no arrests have been made.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrun View Post
You see this..

Letter sent to Obama tests positive for ricin, officials say.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...cials-say?lite
heard about it, but have been swamped at work much of the day-til now. playing catch up.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I'm not trying to be glib here but have any of these poisoned pieces of mail ever worked? I know there have been successful mail bombs but these "poisoned letters" seem like a sure way to get arrested without any meaningful results.
i believe some people were sickened from some poisoned letters in the past, which is why they do the extra screening now for govt addressed mail-or maybe all mail?

edit~ found this:

The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
i believe some people were sickened from some poisoned letters in the past, which is why they do the extra screening now for govt addressed mail-or maybe all mail?

edit~ found this:

The 2001 anthrax attacks in the United States, also known as Amerithrax from its Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) case name, occurred over the course of several weeks beginning on Tuesday, September 18, 2001, one week after the September 11 attacks. Letters containing anthrax spores were mailed to several news media offices and two Democratic U.S. Senators, killing five people and infecting 17 others.
I stand corrected. Thank you. I thought a few people became ill but there were no fatalities.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I stand corrected. Thank you. I thought a few people became ill but there were no fatalities.
hey, i wasn't sure either...glad i looked.