Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-03-2010, 02:25 AM
Santa Anita

Default So You Think sold to Coolmore

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...103-17dqx.html

Will race in the Northern Hemisphere next year.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Jerome Park

Default So You Think - Sold

Headed to Aidan O'Brien.

So You Think – Sold
Clinton Payne
Wednesday, 3 November 2010

Australia’s best galloper So You Think may never race in Australia again after the horse’s owners agreed to sell half of their prized thoroughbred to Coolmore for an undisclosed sum.

So You Think finished third in Tuesday’s Melbourne Cup after claiming his second Cox Plate 10-days prior and it is has been reported elsewhere that Coolmore will pay around $30 million for a 50 percent share.

“There are still protocols in the transaction to be completed before it is signed sealed and delivered,” part-owner Dato Tan Chin Nam’s racing manager Duncan Ramage said.

“However, they are going to race and breed the horse as a joint venture.

“It is known Coolmore would like to race the horse in Europe and we would have to take that into consideration.”

It is expected So You Think will be transferred from the Bart Cummings stables into the Ballydoyle yard of legendary Irish trainer Aidan O'Brien.

Earlier this year, Coolmore purchased former Australian sprinter Starspangledbanner, who was transferred to O'Brien's and won the Group I Golden Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot and the Group I July Cup at Newmarket.

So You Think has won eight of his 12 starts and his career earnings shot past $5.5 million with the $450,000 he collected from his placing in the Melbourne Cup.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...103-17e1v.html
Old 11-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Jerome Park

Bart Cummings never even knew..

Bart - So You Think sale 'a sad day'
Brad Waters
Thursday, 4 November 2010

Master trainer Bart Cummings says the sale of dual Cox Plate winner So You Think to Irish interests as “a sad day for Australian racing”.

Irish racing and breeding giant Coolmore bought a controlling stake in the stallion in a deal that would reportedly value So You Think at around $60 million.

Cummings said he was unaware negotiations were taking place between Coolmore and representatives of So You Think’s owner, Dato Tan Chin Nam.

"I'm very disappointed. I was kept in the dark about this," Cummings told the Herald-Sun. "Normally I'd be part of these negotiations.

“He is still improving, the best is ahead of this horse."

So You Think will race on in Europe next season as part of the Aidan O’Brien stable. The son of High Chaparral had 12 starts for Cummings for eight wins, earning more than $5.7 million in stak
Old 11-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
Bart Cummings never even knew..

Well that sucks!