Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Pimlico

Default $100.00 Derby Wager Challenge

Steve

During these tough economic times , tough for me at least, I was hoping that you and your friends would be willing to come up with a $100.00 Ky. Derby Varitey Play.

Something that would have a little of everything in it an few Exacta Plays , a Tri Play or 2 and maybe a pick3 or 4 small play, and of course a superfecta play or 2, more if Dimes are allowed this year, because remeber last year with Big Brown on top the Superfecta payed over $58,000.00 , now that is a Stimulus Package my friend.

Like this maybe

10-30 for exacta's

25 or so for trifecta's or pick3

40 or so for superfecta

or a few 5 win bets on a few double digit horses

Just since you have the best People in the world on your show then maybe they culd each come up with thier Stimulus Play, Bragging Rights come along with this, plus many many happy people if they hit something too, a case of 500 year old Scotch or something like it

Think about it please
Patrick
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Steve Byk

Patrick..

It's a very cool idea and we can even turn it into a contest for Derby... Glancing at the spread, I personally would inverse the spending somewhat... I think the superfectas should be a smaller portion of the bankroll, but let's get some initial thoughts from everybody on how they would portion out the $100.00.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Pimlico

I hope this goes well, it seems that it has moved twice already.

I know alot of us our hurting a little due to the economy, me being one, but listening to your show each weekday it hardly comes thru that much, just re-affirming this must truly be the sport of kings, but that beside, your show is a bright spot in my day, it allows me to think that one day I may be on there as an honored guest , not just a caller, like after winning the Handicapping Championship In Vegas, or being the only guy to pull down a million dollar pick 6 somewhere.

Yes let the Dreamer's dream and who know's one day they may come true, but back to this scenario, the $100.00 Debry Challange.

I hope this does not get buried and forgotten, if so that will be fine, but sad too.

I know that on this board and your show are the world's finest handicappers, and for people like me who each year try to hit that life changing hit, like the superfecta last year, with BB on top, this year may not be so easy, which means so much more the payout, correct. Maybe thr Tri may pay 4 figures easily enough, and in this day , that would help tremendously.

So if you can organize some the best to come up with a few $100.00 or even $50.00 set of wagers that could help us more economically hard hit, maybe have a chance to hit something nice this year , like your pick selction already, but to be honest with you Steve while the picks are great, they are above my small bankroll , at 200 a day for pick 6's or 100 for pick 4's, but evey once in awhile I will try playing one of your pick 4's and I know we will hit one soon enough , as you always do, so next time you know for sure let me know , okay, just kidding.

Hope this takes on with the others here, so far not too much response, but I feel your demographics may be above the finacial line I am under, but hey that is okay , God Bless them , I am still happy here and always will be , but will continue to dream that dream, and each day I am working toward it, and will not stop trying to achieve it , the desire is to deep, the passion too great,
( some say stupidity) , but I say my love of horse racing is the best thing to happen to me, how bout y'all??

Well Steve

Thanks for the opportunity for me to put this up here, I just know your extended family of horse players here could make this happen, and make us all winners too. Why , because overall they are great people, that's why?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:55 PM
The Curragh

With a $100 to play with, I would find two separate races to play...
In each race, I'd make a $20 win wager and three $10 exactas with 3 other contenders over my win selection...

on edit, if the $100 was to be played in the Derby....Key your Top Selection in first and second with your next 5 contenders in $1 Tri wagers ($40)
&
$20 Win on your top selection
& four $10 Exactas with your next four contenders over your top selection

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/15640118795/standalone

Last edited by Payson Dave : 04-16-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:43 PM
Pimlico

Thanks Dave

you were right this is about the Derby ,THE BIGGEST MUTUEL DAY IN AMERICA, I think anyway, but it must be, what else is there??

Thanks for your sugestions, I would have thought this would have been a favorite here, but then again, maybe most here have never had to budget a bet, or play only 100.00 , because it was all they could afford to wager, if that is true here then , God Bless them, but is not me, I will have to scrap anything I can to try to get a 100 for a derby wager this year, and was hoping for help from the worlds best players, do you really think my 100 wager would affect the payouts on this day?

Are there to be Dime superfecta's anywhere for the derby, an ADW at an OTB or at Churchill??

If not then maybe a 5 horse exacta box for 20.00

another trifecta with 2 horses 1st and 2nd over 4 more , like this

1,2 // 1,2,3,4,5,6 // 1,2,3,4,5,6 for 40.00 , and then put it 2nd too

That totals 100.00 dollars too, but then we could do this too

1 // 2,3,4,5, // 2,3,4,5 // 2,3,4,5 24.00 1st and 2nd for 48.00

and then maybe

1 / 2345 5.00 exacta 1st and 2nd for 40.00

and then

1/2,3,4,5 //2,3,4,5 for 12.00 but only in 1st

just a few idea's , actual horses to fill in the blanks is where I could use some help please, idea's

my top horses in order , as of today are

Quality Road
Pioneer of the nile
I Want Revenge
Regal Ransom/Desert Party
Musket Man
Papa Clem
Dunkirk

And there are still a few who could sneak in a get some nice price

Well thats my all out attempt with this idea, hope it takes if not , I tried
Old 04-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Oaklawn

Default Derby day

PK sounds like to me you have a knowledge of the bets offered @ most trks.Trust your own instincts and if you win it is more gratifiying than to just copy someone else's picks. you'll never learn or gain confidence by doing that.
$100 dollars is plenty to have fun at the track and a chance to make some money. On derby day i would play a lot of dime supers, you can box 5 horses for $12 add a couple of bombs and you might walk into a windfall. If the horse you like is a heavy favorite box him in exactas with a bomb or two just might get lucky on the cheap. be a serious fan but make bets that's easy on you.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:57 PM
Pimlico

Maybe you are right, I know the wagers and the horses, but even if you guys came up with some plays, they would have to be either from someone with much respect, and with only the possiblity of 50 to 100 to wager this year, I feel it really would be a Miracle to hit anything big this year.

So many horses truly have a shot at this race I think, with no true speedballs, the pace looks to be setting up for A MAD DASH at the finish line, and the will be any ones race.

Okay, then how's this, just find me the winner and then I will do the rest myself, or try to put the puzzle together.

Any predictions on what this years price's might be, should I go for exacta's or tri's this year or still go for the superfecta, which to me would be extremely hard this year, almost impossible for me, you saw my horses, and you can add a few to them for the under's, not enough money to make the right wagers, may just have to tri exacta's and a tri or 2, unless Dime supers will be wagered, still not sure on that yet.

Well , it sucks not being able to take the chance on the years Biggest Mutuel Day, on the Biggest Mutuel Race of the Year, when the pools swell to overflowing, and hitting one or 2 of them can change your life, for people like me, maybe not for everyone, but for me it would, and I have been waiting all year for another chance, and then the whammy got me, oh well, I may still do okay.

Thanks all

And Good Luck

Patrick
Old 04-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Oaklawn

Default Pk

you have good picks, just wait till race day watch the board and if there is an overlay on one of your picks then key him with others. even a $5 str wps bet on a 6-7 -1 shot will get you back some dough. don't over think it. it's a day to enjoy not just the derby but the whole card, good-luck and by the way i'm a otr flat-bedder .
Old 04-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Pimlico

Okay
you are right again the derby day should be enjoyed, but for me I see it as a way to pay off my truck,and maybe fix it up just enough to try to sell it and become a Company Driver or get out of trucking , if possible, but I have had 3 straight Companies go under that left me high and dry, and the last one really hurt, leaving me in a bind, so maybe I am streching a bit, trying to use the derby to make up for the few bad turns I had, sorry for that.

let us enjoy the day and try our best to find the winner to key upon, and to be honest with you, there are truly 3-6 horses that come to the top, with about 6 more , right there too, unlike the last 2 years.

I Want Revenge
Quality Road

Both the races these 2 pulled off were amazing, proving both true Derby contender's, and the extra panel be danged....

any need a good 2001 International Egale to haul horses around , give me a call I will give you a great deal, and if you have no driver either, well then , maybe we can fix that too, boy this is fantasy island , now, lol

Patrick
Old 04-18-2009, 06:38 PM
Oaklawn

I'm a company driver with Melton out of Tulsa, been with them for 10 yrs. I've drive a 2009 Kenworth , fully loaded, however you ought to become a company driver, benefits bc/bs dental pharmacy card vision 401k company match fuel bonues saftey bonus check us out, company been in business 52 years. I make .45/miles $40 per tarp $55-$58,000 per year easy but you are gone a lot for home.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Pimlico

Thank you Sir

Really , But a 400lb guy will not be on the top of any flatbed soon, sorry, but I must pass on the offer, but true Melton is a good company, I see the everyday out here, may be leaning towards Schneider, after I pay this one off and get it fixed up to sell it, I might as well get what I can for it, could be 25k or so, but may end up taking 15 or so for it , we'll see.

Be careful out there, each day it seems to be a little more dangerous, pay attenetion, and be careful.

patrick
Old 04-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktruckdriver
Thank you Sir

Really , But a 400lb guy will not be on the top of any flatbed soon, sorry, but I must pass on the offer, but true Melton is a good company, I see the everyday out here, may be leaning towards Schneider, after I pay this one off and get it fixed up to sell it, I might as well get what I can for it, could be 25k or so, but may end up taking 15 or so for it , we'll see.

Be careful out there, each day it seems to be a little more dangerous, pay attenetion, and be careful.

patrick
same to you and happy trails good-luck on derby day