Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Steve Byk

Default 4/2 (OP): AR Derby (G1), Oaklawn Mile, Fantasy (G3's), Carousel

Old 04-02-2022, 02:46 PM
The Curragh

How much will Secret Oath be bet down? I think she’s the most likely winner, but will hate her odds.

Cyberknife for me
Old 04-02-2022, 02:47 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
How much will Secret Oath be bet down? I think she’s the most likely winner, but will hate her odds.

Cyberknife for me
I think she’ll be around 9/5.
Old 04-02-2022, 04:01 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Should be odds-on
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-02-2022, 05:21 PM
Keeneland

Too bad these nice races have such a POS calling them. Dude looks like he just woke up in the gutter and walked over to announce.

First time you’ve ever worn a tie Vic?
Old 04-02-2022, 06:48 PM
The Curragh

Good looking ride on Secret Oath.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:50 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Good looking ride on Secret Oath.
I called it after her last. She was never beating the winner but D Wayne needs to get a new rider and soon.
Old 04-02-2022, 06:55 PM

That was horrible. Name the charity.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-02-2022, 07:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I called it after her last. She was never beating the winner but D Wayne needs to get a new rider and soon.
Might have been the difference between a “closing” 2nd/going to the Derby and heading to the Oaks.

You are so right about seeing this coming though…not taking anything away from you, but I think we all saw Luis somehow finding trouble in short fields vs overmatched horses.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:16 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
That was horrible. Name the charity.
National Domestic Violence Hotline

https://www.thehotline.org/donate/
Old 04-02-2022, 07:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Might have been the difference between a “closing” 2nd/going to the Derby and heading to the Oaks.

You are so right about seeing this coming though…not taking anything away from you, but I think we all saw Luis somehow finding trouble in short fields vs overmatched horses.
I hear ya. Hopefully they go to the Oaks.
Old 04-02-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
National Domestic Violence Hotline

https://www.thehotline.org/donate/

A good choice/cause.

4/2/2022

Thank you for your generous support of the National Domestic Violence Hotline. An e-receipt is on its way to your email address.

Your gift details:
Amount: $100.00
Payment Method: Visa Credit card ending in 3947
Date: 4/2/2022
Designation: National Domestic Violence Hotline
Old 04-02-2022, 07:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
A good choice/cause.

4/2/2022

Thank you for your generous support of the National Domestic Violence Hotline. An e-receipt is on its way to your email address.

Your gift details:
Amount: $100.00
Payment Method: Visa Credit card ending in 3947
Date: 4/2/2022
Designation: National Domestic Violence Hotline
Old 04-03-2022, 10:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Not that Im Contreras guy, but don't you think her getting slammed/sandwiched at the start compromised her trip?

I do agree that she wasnt beating the winner, Flo gave a brilliant ride. The stretch run might have gotten a little interesting if Barber Road dint get into traffic trouble.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:11 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Not that Im Contreras guy, but don't you think her getting slammed/sandwiched at the start compromised her trip?

I do agree that she wasnt beating the winner, Flo gave a brilliant ride. The stretch run might have gotten a little interesting if Barber Road dint get into traffic trouble.
Barber Road, in my opinion, is confusing people. He keeps sucking up in slow races. I get the idea that if the pace gets hot, and the Derby falls apart, he could suck up again for a share but someone is going to have show me a race where he actually did some meaningful running....particularly in a reasonably fast race. Do we actually think he will out-close horses like Smile Happy, Zandon, or Mo Donegal in Kentucky?

At the end of the day, or in this case meet ( essentially ), the Arkansas preps this year were decidedly mediocre.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:16 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:

Also, Matt, please watch the start again. She had, pretty much, no trouble that affected her early position.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:24 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Also, Matt, please watch the start again. She had, pretty much, no trouble that affected her early position.
That’s how I saw it. She broke well but was ultimately bumped from the inside and then outside. Maybe enough to be the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

I just feel guilty because I hyped this race up to my 4YO daughter who was very excited to see a girl horse take on the boy horses.
Old 04-03-2022, 10:51 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
That’s how I saw it. She broke well but was ultimately bumped from the inside and then outside. Maybe enough to be the difference between 2nd and 3rd?

I just feel guilty because I hyped this race up to my 4YO daughter who was very excited to see a girl horse take on the boy horses.
It's not like she ran badly. Show her the 1988 Derby....and then tell her how great Forty Niner and Risen Star were.
Old 04-03-2022, 11:02 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

I thought the contact was minimal. Being 4 wide up the backstretch for no reason and then getting beat to the spot she was already in as they approached the turn was all on Contreras. That caused her to have to make that big looping move she made which zapped her late.

He's not a very good rider. That's why after her last I said he'd get her beat eventually. Last time he put her in a spot where she could have gotten into trouble. She can overcome him in small fields but larger fields are going to be an issue.

She's a really nice horse. Not a generational talent, but she ran well yesterday, despite the ride and she deserves a better rider.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:14 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

She's a really nice horse. Not a generational talent, but she ran well yesterday, despite the ride and she deserves a better rider.
Sharp post.