Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2017, 10:23 PM
Del Mar

Default Dustin, Trump, Tiger, and Faxon

That's an interesting foursome. They played together yesterday. Here are Brad Faxon's takeaways from the round:

http://golfweek.com/2017/11/25/exclu...-donald-trump/
Old 12-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Del Mar

Tiger is playing great. He's tied for 3rd right now. That is pretty impressive for his first tournament back after major back surgery.

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard.html
Old 02-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Del Mar

Did anyone watch Tiger today? I think he's swinging great. I think his swing looks much better now than it did during his years with Sean Foley. I don't see any reason why he won't win this year.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:00 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Did anyone watch Tiger today? I think he's swinging great. I think his swing looks much better now than it did during his years with Sean Foley. I don't see any reason why he won't win this year.
If he could have made a putt Saturday he would have been 4 or 5 under going into Sunday....Fun to watch him paired with 21 yr old Sam Burns yesterday. Burns was 8 months old when Tiger turned 21
Old 02-26-2018, 09:48 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I can name almost 100 reasons. These fields don't anymore consist of Phil, Vijay, and a few other guys capable of winning. The Tour nowadays is LIGHT YEARS better than it was during Tiger's dominance.

That said, it was fun watching him in the mix this weekend. The Bear Trap ate him for SUPPA! Otherwise, a great performance indeed.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Well, i just had to put my money where my mouth is.

My brother Danny is a HUUUUUGE Tiger guy.

We just entered into a little wager for The Masters. I owe him $2000 if he finished T10 or better. I owe him $1200 if he finishes T25 to 11th. He owes me $700 if Tiger finishes outside of top 25. He owes me $1200 if El Tigre misses the cut.

We'll be there in person this year.

CAN'T. FKNG. WAAAAAAAIT!!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-06-2018, 09:20 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Well, i just had to put my money where my mouth is.

My brother Danny is a HUUUUUGE Tiger guy.

We just entered into a little wager for The Masters. I owe him $2000 if he finished T10 or better. I owe him $1200 if he finishes T25 to 11th. He owes me $700 if Tiger finishes outside of top 25. He owes me $1200 if El Tigre misses the cut.

We'll be there in person this year.

CAN'T. FKNG. WAAAAAAAIT!!
easy 700.00 makes the cut.....finishes 40th
Old 03-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Del Mar

Tiger is tied for the lead right now. With regard to the Masters, he obviously plays great at Augusta and he looks like he could be rounding back into form. I would certainly not be betting against him at the Masters. I would make him one of the favorites as of right now. If he ends up falling apart down the stretch in every prep leading up to the Masters, I may change my opinion. But as of right now, he is swinging well and it looks likes the timing could be good for him in terms of peaking at the right time.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
easy 700.00 makes the cut.....finishes 40th
Looks like you're collecting 7 bills from your brother!
Old 04-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
Looks like you're collecting 7 bills from your brother!
You jinxed him. If Tiger makes this 10 footer for birdie, he will be tied for 25th.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:06 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
You jinxed him. If Tiger makes this 10 footer for birdie, he will be tied for 25th.
He made the putt so he is now tied for 25th. But there are still two ways that Declan could win the bet. There are 5 guys right now tied for 25th at even par. If one of those guys can get to 1 under, that would knock Tiger down to 26th place. Declan's other chance is if Tiger bogeys 18.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:15 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
He made the putt so he is now tied for 25th. But there are still two ways that Declan could win the bet. There are 5 guys right now tied for 25th at even par. If one of those guys can get to 1 under, that would knock Tiger down to 26th place. Declan's other chance is if Tiger bogeys 18.
Tiger 3 putted 18. Declan wins! Congrats Declan!