Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2019, 04:47 PM
Steve Byk

Default 3/2 (GP): FOY (G2), Palm Beach, Very One, Bride, CDN, T-SPR, Fox (G3's)

Old 02-28-2019, 09:49 AM
Longchamps

Nice post for Vekoma. Looking for a big race from him!!
Old 02-28-2019, 11:53 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Nice post for Vekoma. Looking for a big race from him!!
Could you elaborate a little on why ? I know you and Moses are high on this hoss.
He seems to have bad action. He is seldom running straight. To me these guys rarely go forward as 3 year olds. I can’t see him even hitting the board.
Though in anothertwistafate I like the deuce Epic Dreamer to wire the field. Vekoma did beat him breaking his maiden, but I think with the Holy Bull under his belt, he can keep going. The Hough guy is interesting also.

This should strengthen your opinion on Vekoma if anything.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:12 PM
Jerome Park

I wonder how people that took 23:1 on Global Campaign in the Derby future pool feel about him likely being north of 10:1 in this race.

Pretty funny when you think about it.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Could you elaborate a little on why ? I know you and Moses are high on this hoss.
He seems to have bad action. He is seldom running straight. To me these guys rarely go forward as 3 year olds. I can’t see him even hitting the board.
Though in anothertwistafate I like the deuce Epic Dreamer to wire the field. Vekoma did beat him breaking his maiden, but I think with the Holy Bull under his belt, he can keep going. The Hough guy is interesting also.

Hate to say it, I'm not a fan either.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:55 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

There are probably some flaws in my thinking but he starts well, has early speed and finishes well, has been wide on the turn for both his races but still finishes well, has beaten Network Effect, Call Paul, Epic Dreamer, and Mihos (maybe no elite horses but each pretty good), thought his Nashua win was one of the more impressive wins of the 2YOs last year, has done this all without lasix (which is now added), like the pedigree a bit with Candy Ride as the sire and Speightstown as the damsire.

All that said, I’m really just dying to see him run again. I think what he’s done so far is a really nice foundation to build from but need to see him continue to impress.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:56 PM
Longchamps

Quote:

His speed figures were very good as a two year old and Im sure got some of the kinks worked out. Horse is training well and has that Candy Ride appeal. Those races he won were against nice horses. Horses that have won races against some of the derby contenders. Of course its always a mystery for the first race at 3 but I think this one has a lot of positives. I think the favorite is more of a mystery here. As for the future bets I thought he was one of the few good values in the pool.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:08 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
His speed figures were very good as a two year old and Im sure got some of the kinks worked out. Horse is training well and has that Candy Ride appeal. Those races he won were against nice horses. Horses that have won races against some of the derby contenders. Of course its always a mystery for the first race at 3 but I think this one has a lot of positives. I think the favorite is more of a mystery here. As for the future bets I thought he was one of the few good values in the pool.
That reminds me. One more reason:

I’ve got a futures wager on him at 35-1. I didn’t double down in Pool 2 but figured I’ll see what he does in the FOY and maybe put more money on him if his odds still look nice in pool 3. I don’t see anything moving people too far off some of these other horses. And they all run on the 9th during the Pool 3 window so recency bias will likely benefit Vekoma (if he does win the FOY) for Pool 3 value.
Old 02-28-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I think he's the 4th most likely winner Saturday.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:44 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
He's not. He's the second likeliest winner....regardless of where he finishes.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
At least I got a good laugh today. Hes number 2 no matter how the race ends but I like him at 1.
Old 02-28-2019, 05:14 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I hope a lot of people think that.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
He's not. He's the second likeliest winner....regardless of where he finishes.
I respect it.
Old 02-28-2019, 09:45 PM

Can I lock in that 7-2 on Chads horse in the 11th? Feels more like 7-5 to me.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:57 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Another embarrassing ML.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:48 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
And the horse listed above her at 3-1 doesn’t look very good (and also sees Castellano switch over to the Chad horse you’ve mentioned).
Old 03-01-2019, 08:40 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
And the horse listed above her at 3-1 doesn’t look very good (and also sees Castellano switch over to the Chad horse you’ve mentioned).
I like the Motts horse a lot here. Hopefully Brown and Pletcher horses get hammered at windows
Old 03-01-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I like the Motts horse a lot here. Hopefully Brown and Pletcher horses get hammered at windows
I'm a fan of her, she's not in the same world as the 1. Plus the draw only helps the 1 and hurts the 10. Unless you think she's winning with that JV 5 wide no cover special ride.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:01 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I'm a fan of her, she's not in the same world as the 1. Plus the draw only helps the 1 and hurts the 10. Unless you think she's winning with that JV 5 wide no cover special ride.
She somehow won with that ride last time. However, she is not beating Precieuse unless that one gets extremely unlucky.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:15 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
She somehow won with that ride last time. However, she is not beating Precieuse unless that one gets extremely unlucky.
I like the Mott horse as well but have to agree. The horse I’m particularly interested in to beat the 1 is the 4 La Signare. Works show that she is in good shape and although there are a few early runners and she faded last time out, she probably needed a race under her belt since she hadn’t run since July.

Speaking of not running since July, that’s got to be the biggest concern with Chad’s horse. She’s run once in the last year and a half. Although obviously she fired off a long layoff in July and Chad has no problem prepping these horses.