Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.SwineSmeller
Howdy Otis, great to see you here. Dr. SwineSmeller
up to 5 sites now, eh? you really need to get your own house and quit squatting.

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants
Old 08-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Sunshine Park

Default 8/8/08 RESULTS, In The Spotlight

8/8/08 Results, In The Spotlight

At Woodbine in the 8th, Skip Code PLACED at $5.90. Beaten by 19/1 Longshot Forty Creek.

At Del Mar in the 1st, Born With Eagles SHOWED at $4.60. Respectable for his first flight out of Washington.

At Del Mar in the 2nd, Dilemma WINS at $5.20. Top cowboy Gomez ropes 'em here riding a staunch faced bruiser.

Todays called wagers (and to date): $90 bet, $78 returned.

Derby Trail WPS record: 3 starts, 1-1-1. Mythical $2 Win on each= $6 bet, return $5.20. Dr. SwineSmeller
Old 08-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Sunshine Park

Default Kicked by my horse

Ya'll are a real riot around here. And a big bunch too.
Lots more days of picks to come, right here in this same thread. That way I don't clutter the board. Dr. SwineSmeller
Old 08-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Truthfully you guys, My name is Michael Love. (No relation to BBB). I'm a Registered Nurse from Hot Springs, Arkansas, home of Oaklawn Park, and I simply like to write. I'll keep all my daily picks in this one long running thread, so to prevent board clutter. And I indeed post on five other racing boards including ESPN and I show a profit on all of them. My longest running thread is at FlatStats.UK.com. It may take a few days to roll a profit out here too, but I hope to do just that.

Best of luck at the windows to all!!

Dr. SwineSmeller
weird.

my name is brian wilson.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
I don't understand how a 10-2-0-1 record we should overlook and not worry, yet we're supposed to be put off by a 45-6-6-9 record.

Total BBB.
i'm struggling with the concept of selecting a horse because he's an awesome looking boy with flared nostrils.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
8/8/08 Results, In The Spotlight

At Del Mar in the 2nd, Dilemma WINS at $5.20. Top cowboy Gomez ropes 'em here riding a staunch faced bruiser.

Todays called wagers (and to date): $90 bet, $78 returned.

Derby Trail WPS record: 3 starts, 1-1-1. Mythical $2 Win on each= $6 bet, return $5.20. Dr. SwineSmeller
WPS means shiat - you touted $30 win bets, Dr. Redboard

thanks for the chalk, couldn't have got that one without your brilliant insight

Old 08-09-2008, 02:13 AM
Sunshine Park

Default 8/9/08 In The Spotlight

8/9/08 In The spotlight with Dr. SwineSmeller
Arlington Park, Races 8,9 and 10. Post 3;00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

Back in 1871, long before Al Capone was ablaze in the city of Chicago, a conflaguration known as the Great Chicago Fire started in a small horse shed, and subsequently smoked most of the city.

Today, on the outskirts of Chicago at Arlington Park, the fire department had better set up near the starting gate and prepare for another major fire as the contestants in the first of three hot and sparky Grade 1 turf events prepare to set the Arlington grass ablazing.
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************

The 8th race is the $400,000 Grade I Secretariat Stakes for three year olds, going 1 1/4 miles on the soon to be burnt Arlington turf. A posse of Del Mar cowboys ride into town to claim their share of the heavy Chicago loot including top shooter, Kid Gomez. Gomez gets the reins up on 6/5 favourite, Tizdejavu, who is indeed a de jevu of his fiery dad, Tiznow, a multiple Grade I winner of 6.4 million. Tizdejavu has already raked in $419,000 in seven lifetime starts, winning four, and he's lurking like a pyromaniac with a pocket full of matches in this spot. Trainer Gregory Fox has a modest stable, but he is known to keep some burners in his shed.

I'll play the hot dog, Tizdejavu, for $20 WIN.....Also, I'll play a $4 straight exacta with #6 Dejavu on top of #7 Your Round. Go Baby Go!!
************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************************

The 9th race is the $750,000 Grade I Beverly D Stakes for fillies and mares that are three years old and up. Five year old Precious Kitten looks to be armed with a blowtorch, and her Del Mar cowboy Rafael Berjerano was seen coming riding into Illinois with a bag full of flint rocks.

Precious Kitten is owned by the always formidable and ready to fire it up, Lael stables, and she comes in fresh off a Grade I victory. In order to light up the top of the tote board today, Precious Kitten must douse a flame thrower in Dreaming of Anna, the 2006 2 year old filly Eclipse Award Champion and winner of the 2006 Breeders' Cup Juvenile for fillies. This will be no small task, but a look at Precious Kitten is convincing as she is an undeniable awesomely muscular girl. Pic here> http://www.pedigreequery.com/precious+kitten

USA top 4 trainer Robert Frankel rides atop his ranks here, and he has had his mug shot taken with Precious Kitten 8 times in 21 starts, while finishing 2nd another 8 times, and banking a sweet 1.6 million in the process. Favoured at 9/5 on the morning line, Precious Kitten will light her blowtorch from the advantageous 3 gate, in what should indeed be a grass burner of a horse race.

I'll be hollering "Here kitty kitty" as Precious Kitten turns for home today at Arlington. I'll play Precious Kitten for $20 WIN. Go Baby Go!!
************************************************** ************************************************** ***************************************

The 10th race is the Grade I Arlington Million, Illinois' showcase event. The race is for three year olds and up, and will go for 1 1/4 miles on what is left of the freshly scorched Arlinton turf. Four year old rising British star, Mount Nelson, comes to Arlington by way of the Curragh. The Curragh, Ireland's world renowned top class racetrack, is well known for the thoroughbred champions that have launched their careers there and then forged onward to light up other top events around the world.

Jockey J P Murtagh and trainer Aiden O'Brien combine to make one of the most formidable turf teams known to the civilized world. This team is a threat to set the grass on fire everytime out, and the case is no different today at Arlington. Mount Nelson has posted 8 lifetime starts, going 3-1-1 for $409,000, and comes in as a flame on the rise. Mount Nelson's direct paternal bloodline is that of some of Northern Dancer's best racers, to Danzig, to Danehill, and to his champion Irish sire Rock of Gibralter.

Mount Nelson is listed at 5/2 on the morning line, and he will be challenged by 2/1 favourite, #1 Archipenko, winner of four races and $904,000 in 13 lifetime starts. Mount Nelson has drawn the #7 post in this a field of eight, which should leave him fairly clear of early trouble and in good position to pick a two wide spot going into the first turn. The capable Stream Cat will fire out from the #2 post next to Archipenko, which translates into danger on the rail, as Stream Cat is likely going to go out and press Archipenko early, making the last 1/4 mile of running a tough hot row to hoe for the both of them, therefore, hopefully setting up Mount Nelson for a scortching deep stretch run.

I'll play the British born fire breather, Mount Nelson, for $20 WIN in the Arlington Million... And, I'll play a $2 Exacta box coupling #7 Mount Nelson with #2 Stream Cat. Go Baby Go!!

Dr. SwineSmeller
Old 08-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god
weird.

my name is brian wilson.
Even weirder, I play poker on occasion in Tunica, Mississippi with the Beach Boy's agent, Sandy, who lives in Memphis, Tennessee.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:14 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
8/9/08 In The spotlight with Dr. SwineSmeller
Arlington Park, Races 8,9 and 10. Post 3;00 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

Back in 1871, long before Al Capone was ablaze in the city of Chicago, a conflaguration known as the Great Chicago Fire started in a small horse shed, and subsequently smoked most of the city.

Today, on the outskirts of Chicago at Arlington Park, the fire department had better set up near the starting gate and prepare for another major fire as the contestants in the first of three hot and sparky Grade 1 turf events prepare to set the Arlington grass ablazing.

The 8th race is the $400,000 Grade I Secretariat Stakes for three year olds, going 1 1/4 miles on the soon to be burnt Arlington turf. A posse of Del Mar cowboys ride into town to claim their share of the heavy Chicago loot including top shooter, Kid Gomez. Gomez gets the reins up on 6/5 favourite, Tizdejavu, who is indeed a de jevu of his fiery dad, Tiznow, a multiple Grade I winner of 6.4 million. Tizdejavu has already raked in $419,000 in seven lifetime starts, winning four, and he's lurking like a pyromaniac with a pocket full of matches in this spot. Trainer Gregory Fox has a modest stable, but he is known to keep some burners in his shed.

I'll play the hot dog, Tizdejavu, for $20 WIN.....Also, I'll play a $4 straight exacta with #6 Dejavu on top of #7 Your Round. Go Baby Go!!

Dr. SwineSmeller

Why would you play a horse to win and then drop them from an exacta box...are you smoking the Arlington grass Brian???
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Del Mar

I think this is Bobby Fischer after work with a publicity agent.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Aqueduct

Default Geez let the guy make some picks

No doubt he is putting in the effort so let's let him make his "educated" picks for a least a week before kicking him down.

docicu3,
Look at the names of the horses. The good Dr is using his top selection. He just shortened the name.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Hialeah Park

I think he is stealing Aaron Vercruysse best bets......
Old 08-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickhorse
No doubt he is putting in the effort so let's let him make his "educated" picks for a least a week before kicking him down.

docicu3,
Look at the names of the horses. The good Dr is using his top selection. He just shortened the name.
12 posts.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:47 AM
pgardn

Oh you gotta love it.
He has opened himself up
to ridicule; the major food group of the board.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Belmont Park

6-5, 9-5, then steps waaayyy out of the box to come up with the big priced, second choice horsey at 5-2 **************************************** **********

Some advice, spend a little more time handicapping and a whole lot less time and bandwith writing crappy, punny chalk touts - It's a tad on the annoying side and will get you crucified here.
Rather, try to explain why Precious Kitten won't bounce like she's done after EVERY huge effort since KEE of last year. Now coming in off of a career top. That would provide some benefit to the readers and some street cred for you.

Anyone leaving Mauralakana and DoA off that ticket should do so at their own peril....
Old 08-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis
6-5, 9-5, then steps waaayyy out of the box to come up with the big priced, second choice horsey at 5-2 **************************************** **********

Some advice, spend a little more time handicapping and a whole lot less time and bandwith writing crappy, punny chalk touts - It's a tad on the annoying side and will get you crucified here.
Rather, try to explain why Precious Kitten won't bounce like she's done after EVERY huge effort since KEE of last year. Now coming in off of a career top. That would provide some benefit to the readers and some street cred for you.

Anyone leaving Mauralakana and DoA off that ticket should do so at their own peril....
And.... Precious Kitten does exactly what the PP's told you she would do...Bounced like one of your checks... a well beaten 5th.... Dr. Pig Fucl<er: Do yourself a favor and forget about cowboys and fire drills and focus a little more on the task at hand
Old 08-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Newmarket

shot down in flames
Old 08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Sunshine Park

Default Results Arlington 8/9/08

8/9/08 Results at Arlington

Race 8. Tizdejavu limps home to SHOW in the Secretariat Stakes.
Race 9. Precious Kitten misses, finishing mid-pack in the Beverly D. Excuse me while I go kick my cat in the a**.
Race 10. Mount Nelson SHOWS behind a 14/1 longshot in the Arlington Million.
Todays wagers: $68 bet, $0 returned.

Total Derby Trail In The Spotlight wagers to date: $158 bet, return $78.

Derby Trail WPS record: 6 starts, 1-1-3. Mythical $2 Win on each= $12 Bet, return $5.20. All loss today but not discouraged nonetheless as selections have put in game efforts. It's early in the game.
Dr. SwineSmeller
Old 08-09-2008, 09:41 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
At least I'm not scared to put my head on a platter. I'd love to see more people put their money on the line...This is a horse racing board isn't it?
yeah, people around here don't post selections or put money on the line.

maybe you didn't notice but there are over 53,000 posts in the selection area of this forum. you've posted selections for what, two days now?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
At least I'm not scared to put my head ...

Dr. SwineSmeller
up my a$$