Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
After the 3-5 comment, didn't he also scream something to the effect of "Just let him out! Watch him pull away!" then within a couple strides, the horses started to retreat through the field?
From what I remember, as soon as he mentioned that, "this horse should 3/5 against this field" the anchor came out.
After looking like a complete ass, I think he was pretty quiet. Unfortunately the same can't be said about most of the asses in our party.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:31 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
From what I remember, as soon as he mentioned that, "this horse should 3/5 against this field" the anchor came out.
After looking like a complete ass, I think he was pretty quiet. Unfortunately the same can't be said about most of the asses in our party.
dude i was on vacation

-bt-
Old 03-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
dude i was on vacation

-bt-
Looks like somebody has a complex.....eh?

Relax, you weren't the only one yelling/screaming for 3/5 shots to get up and hit the board . But, I do guess that you were the only one jumping up and down while screaming and yelling in front of the TV's trying to get these horses up.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Looks like somebody has a complex.....eh?

Relax, you weren't the only one yelling/screaming for 3/5 shots to get up and hit the board . But, I do guess that you were the only one jumping up and down while screaming and yelling in front of the TV's trying to get these horses up.
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, not this guy.... i was amongst similar degenerates not only at the track but at the buffet as well.

btw, tom.... it's a f*cking buffet with 45 min. left to close, wtf were you doing getting a salad?

#priorities

-bt-
Old 03-05-2012, 03:14 PM
Flemington

two plates were enough for me, and I couldn't find the dessert table

Old 03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
two plates were enough for me, and I couldn't find the dessert table

MaTH could have used this during this heart to heart with Sheets.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
MaTH could have used this during this heart to heart with Sheets.
Forget about Sheets, If those were on the table I would have probably had to have a heart to heart with GPK.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Forget about Sheets, If those were on the table I would have probably had to have a heart to heart with GPK.
Don't worry, he'll probably rate them all later.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:55 PM
5'8".. but all man!

I don't even know were to begin to respond, but I will start with the bad toupee guy yelling at the screen. What I found hilarious about that whole ordeal was the stupid c*cksucker was literally right directly under the tv looking straight up with his head cocked to the side. How the hell he could even see anything from that angle is beyond me.

I did like the old guy that let me shoulder cap the Big M races. When he started talking about drivers opting off one horse and getting on another, I knew he was my guy.

Now, the old f*ck that was our waiter at the dog track buffet was starting to piss me off. Every 2 minutes coming to the table..."we are shutting it down in 20 minutes. We are closing the buffet in 18 minutes. Gentleman...the buffet is closing up in 13 minutes." We get the point motherf*cker...let us eat.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:42 AM
The Curragh

[quote=GPK;843645]I don't even know were to begin to respond, but I will start with the bad toupee guy yelling at the screen. What I found hilarious about that whole ordeal was the stupid c*cksucker was literally right directly under the tv looking straight up with his head cocked to the side. How the hell he could even see anything from that angle is beyond me.I did like the old guy that let me shoulder cap the Big M races. When he started talking about drivers opting off one horse and getting on another, I knew he was my guy.

Now, the old f*ck that was our waiter at the dog track buffet was starting to piss me off. Every 2 minutes coming to the table..."we are shutting it down in 20 minutes. We are closing the buffet in 18 minutes. Gentleman...the buffet is closing up in 13 minutes." We get the point motherf*cker...let us eat.[/QUOTE]

AWESOME on ALL ACCOUNTS, well put!!!!

* everyone knows the closer you get to the TV the better viewing advantage you have, kind of like if you lean one way or the other, your horse will obviously feel your body moving and adjust accordingly (ala leaning into the wire)

* not sure which was funnier, us yelling at him for turning Penn National off..... and then yelling at him for every station he stopped on until he got to the Big M, or you shouldercapping him. And by shouldercapping i mean leaning over his shoulder trying to cap the race with under 2 minutes to post, "hey i'm not done with that race, can you flip it back?"

* Tom: Is there any desert on the $23 buffet?
Waiter: No, but we do have a desert menu
Tom: I’ll take the check

-bt-
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM
The Curragh

http://www.derbylane.com/evening.aspx

bump
it
up

beeeetches!!!!

-bt-
Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
http://www.derbylane.com/evening.aspx

bump
it
up

beeeetches!!!!

-bt-
My second biggest regret of the trip was not taking a picture of what that table looked like when Me, You, Heels, Kev and Herk were eating/betting.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Oaklawn

Herk would not be happy. I see Dessert is still a la carte.

Maybe we should get there a bit before 9 this year so we have more than 30 mins to clean the place out
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
My second biggest regret of the trip was not taking a picture of what that table looked like when Me, You, Heels, Kev and Herk were eating/betting.
ha..... that racing form didn't stand a chance.
that table was home to the 5 person $98 ($1) pk3 syndicate....that paid $27, and also gpk's wps wagers at northfield, where someone just found out the 9 horse lines up behind the 1 horse there.

i'll be sure to say hi to your favorite waiter kev

-bt-
Old 02-12-2013, 01:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
ha..... that racing form didn't stand a chance.
that table was home to the 5 person $98 ($1) pk3 syndicate....that paid $27, and also gpk's wps wagers at northfield, where someone just found out the 9 horse lines up behind the 1 horse there.

i'll be sure to say hi to your favorite waiter kev

-bt-
To think that we repeated history with a pick 4 ticket on Belmont day.

To make matters worse, it was the only thing I cashed all day.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Keeneland

Not sure where to put this, but was hoping maybe one of the Tampa guys knows what the deal is with Wild Wild Posse in the 6th tomorrow.

How is James Chapman off a 52 month layoff and did this horse really need to be brought back off a 4 year break to run in a 8 claimer?
Old 02-12-2013, 08:40 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Not sure where to put this, but was hoping maybe one of the Tampa guys knows what the deal is with Wild Wild Posse in the 6th tomorrow.

How is James Chapman off a 52 month layoff and did this horse really need to be brought back off a 4 year break to run in a 8 claimer?
You can have him. As of right now, I am leaning heavy on Credit Voucher.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 PM
5'8".. but all man!

If he is worth anything at all, how do you run him in that spot? Too many other races he is eligible for, where if he is competitive, he can still win.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
You can have him. As of right now, I am leaning heavy on Credit Voucher.
I was being sarcastic asking how Chapman is off that layoff. I'm not interested in that race other than seeing a horse coming off an over 4 year layoff in an 8 claimer was interesting and unfortunate.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM
Flemington

is there any golf-Tampa- Derby Lane triple planned for this year?- just wondering