Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 12:25 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
It's not about the money; it's about the challenge and possible prestige, and with the recent US success it's brightened the dream even more.
I understand what you mean. It’s like the lure of Saratoga to the small track American owners/trainers. Of course the goal should always be to place your horses in the most logical positions to give them a shot but sometimes, you just want to do something for the experience.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-20-2018, 08:53 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I would much rather win races here then run good 4th and 5th over there. To each his own though. For me it's not even close. Yoshida going there makes 0 sense to me. He could have won major stakes races at Belmont the last 2 weeks.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:55 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I would much rather win races here then run good 4th and 5th over there. To each his own though. For me it's not even close. Yoshida going there makes 0 sense to me. He could have won major stakes races at Belmont the last 2 weeks.
Precisely and if going to Ascot to experience the spectacle continues to be practiced with the marginal US stock, the ramifications could be purses deflating at NYRA in the affected races. Turf racing has grown in interest a lot in 25 years and to have lack of sponsorship and poor judgment thwarts it can't be a positive IMO