Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2015, 06:37 AM
Flemington

Blackhawks in 5.

...and Comets in 7 in the Calder Cup Finals!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:02 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
All I was doing is stating facts. Five of our best players were either out or playing with significant injuries. Sorry you're so insecure about your bullshit ass team that you took that as a slight.
That's an absurd assertion, and again, I corrected you. Zuccarello was the only player out with a significant injury. Your team doc either couldn't freeze McDonaugh's foot, or he refused treatment. On them.

And again the rest of this is laughable. Stahl's "hairline fracture" occurred before the playoffs even started. Hairline fractures and grade 1 sprains are part and parcel of this game when you get this far. So while you want to think you are stating facts, in reality you are just stating sour grapes.

And I'll "chime in" anytime I feel the need to diffuse bullsh1t. Which was the case here - no insecurity, at all.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:20 AM
Belmont Park

This is classic - the Mayor of the murder capital of the US apparently has more concern over other teams ticket policies than he is the fact the he governs a war zone.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/chicago...ticket/2232053

Maybe utilize your resources to make sure your town doesn't look like a scene from Mad Max before wasting it on unfair ticket practices...lol

Priorities, Rahm....priorities

#BlackhawkTicketsMatter

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 06-03-2015 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:05 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
This is classic - the Mayor of the murder capital of the US apparently has more concern over other teams ticket policies than he is the fact the he governs a war zone.

Maybe utilize your resources to make sure your town doesn't look like a scene from Mad Max before wasting it on unfair ticket practices...lol

#BlackhawkTicketsMatter
Maybe if TB fans actually went to the game and cared instead of taking the money grab, it wouldn't be an issue..

Alright...trash talking aside..how about a little wager..Loser sends $100 to Steve for a Horse Rescue donation..Sound good?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Keeneland

Quote:

#BlackhawkTicketsMatter

It's simple, we call out pussies when we see them. I think you'll be surprised with the Chicago presence despite your 'policies'.

BTW your seats on the glass are going for $5K a pop. Here in Chicago they're $15K a pop. So a Chicago fan can spend a thousand on flight, hotel and food and save $9K by sitting in Tampa or better yet $18K for 2 games.

#Getsomefans
Old 06-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
It's simple, we call out pussies when we see them. I think you'll be surprised with the Chicago presence despite your 'policies'.
Steve, trust me when I tell you - nobody gives two flying sh1ts whether a handful of brain-dead mutants show up here. There are already a ton of them who have realized what a sh1thole Chicago is and never went back. They're easy to recognize - they are the first ones to have an opinion about fan support for the local teams, yet have lived here for 20 years and have never supported any of them once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
BTW your seats on the glass are going for $5K a pop. Here in Chicago they're $15K a pop. So a Chicago fan can spend a thousand on flight, hotel and food and save $9K by sitting in Tampa or better yet $18K for 2 games.
#Getsomefans
Population of Chicago (2013) - 2.719 million

Population of Tampa (2013) - 352,957

Same sized of arenas

...hummmphhh...Don't really need an ECON 101 refresher to explain that, do ya?
Old 06-03-2015, 10:06 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Steve, trust me when I tell you - nobody gives two flying sh1ts whether a handful of brain-dead mutants show up here.
Apparently your ***** owner would beg to differ.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:14 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

lightning go to ground..hawks in 6 and only if they feel like wrapping it up at home..
Old 06-03-2015, 02:17 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Maybe if TB fans actually went to the game and cared instead of taking the money grab, it wouldn't be an issue..

Alright...trash talking aside..how about a little wager..Loser sends $100 to Steve for a Horse Rescue donation..Sound good?
Bob, I'll make a donation to Thoroughbred Retirement of Tampa http://www.tampatrot.org/ after the series, regardless of who wins.

I only bet Tom because I felt we had a decided advantage against the Rangers.

I know nothing about the Blackhawks, other than what I've seen in the last series.

That said, Crawford is shakier than Lundqvist, and they're not nearly as physical as the Rangers.

So, logic would seem to dictate that this will be a walk over for the Lightning - but as we all know - it's a different animal in the finals...

Perfectly confident in this team, and look forward to a hard-fought battle.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Bob, I'll make a donation to Thoroughbred Retirement of Tampa http://www.tampatrot.org/ after the series, regardless of who wins.

I only bet Tom because I felt we had a decided advantage against the Rangers.

I know nothing about the Blackhawks, other than what I've seen in the last series.

That said, Crawford is shakier than Lundqvist, and they're not nearly as physical as the Rangers.

So, logic would seem to dictate that this will be a walk over for the Lightning - but as we all know - it's a different animal in the finals...

Perfectly confident in this team, and look forward to a hard-fought battle.
Crawford will be fine...He's won a Cup and has played outstanding other that Nashvile game..which was a looong time ago. It will be a fast series for sure and after the pounding from Anaheim, the Hawks will be able to play more open. Keys that make it Hawks in 6:

1) Coaching..Q gets nod over pretty much anyone you could throw out there.

2) Core D: The big 4 can play the Big minutes again without the physicality they got from Anaheim.

3) Been there, done that: Nice TB wins in MSG, but this is the Finals and Chicago has that intangible that won't let them lose 4 games.

4) 3rd and 4th lines: Triplets and Stamkos line awesome, but can't roll 3 and 4 as strongly.

How TB wins?

1) Special Teams: Chicago PP comes and goes in maddening fashion and although their PK is solid, TB has Stamkos and a great PP and Chicago loves taking Too Many Men on Ice penalties.

2) Injuries: Obvious, and Chicago could absorb any Forward, but if another D goes down, it would be a series changer.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:11 PM

Steve, trust me when I tell you - nobody gives two flying sh1ts whether a handful of brain-dead mutants show up here. There are already a ton of them who have realized what a sh1thole Chicago is and never went back. They're easy to recognize - they are the first ones to have an opinion about fan support for the local teams, yet have lived here for 20 years and have never supported any of them once.

easy on the shithole comment..tampa is the gary indiana of florida i know i live here..the tampa bay area is a dump..beaches are no good..gulf coast is much better..fishing golf ect farther south the better..its like bartow fla with a port..chicago has everything ..best resturants ,culture ,fine arts ,5 pro sports teams ..

that bieng said good luck in the finals..you will be shaking your head at the beatdown your going to get..
Old 06-03-2015, 06:56 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post

easy on the shithole comment..tampa is the gary indiana of florida i know i live here..the tampa bay area is a dump..beaches are no good..gulf coast is much better..fishing golf ect farther south the better..its like bartow fla with a port..chicago has everything ..best resturants ,culture ,fine arts ,5 pro sports teams ..

that bieng said good luck in the finals..you will be shaking your head at the beatdown your going to get..
Most recognize hyperbole when they see it - sorry it missed you.

The 10 million people that visit here each year must be huge fans of dumpy, no good beaches. Apparently. Along with the 10's of thousands of Chicagoans that visit and then move here permanently.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Most recognize hyperbole when they see it - sorry it missed you.

The 10 million people that visit here each year must be huge fans of dumpy, no good beaches. Apparently. Along with the 10's of thousands of Chicagoans that visit and then move here permanently.
if they have any money they move farther south,,lol
Old 06-03-2015, 08:37 PM
Flemington

Calder Cup gets a mention by Doc

Lets go Comets!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:53 PM

thats one..eat a bag of dicks tampa
Old 06-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Hialeah Park

TB won a ton of face offs and had great sticks...plus one of the best tip ins ever. Crawford with the big break away save and then Teuvo takes over. I really don't see how TB wins 4 out of 6
Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Belmont Park

I'd retweet all of the chest thumping and cock slinging from when the Rangers dribbled a lucky bounce to win game 1 from the last series...but why bother. You clearly have your hands full boys. You get schooled in game 2, then swept in Sh1t-own....err...Chi-town...my bad
Old 06-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I'd retweet all of the chest thumping and cock slinging from when the Rangers dribbled a lucky bounce to win game 1 from the last series...but why bother. You clearly have your hands full boys. You get schooled in game 2, then swept in Sh1t-own....err...Chi-town...my bad
Lucky goal?...you had a great push in the first but not much after that. No chest bumping, but TB threw it all in and then became a turtle. I'M sorry......you really think you can win 4 out of 6 against these guys?
Old 06-03-2015, 11:16 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
TB won a ton of face offs and had great sticks...plus one of the best tip ins ever. Crawford with the big break away save and then Teuvo takes over. I really don't see how TB wins 4 out of 6
If someone was just shown stats, theyd be forgiven for assuming tam won. Led in faceoffs, shots, hits....but to no avail. Nice won by chi, who kept grinding.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Penguins for sale....wondered last night when i saw theyd got with morgan stanley what was up.