Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Joe Silverio Simulcast Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2021, 10:09 AM
Cahokia Downs

Default 9/1: Saratoga Steeplechase Race 1 - NW1X

The final steeplechase of the meet drew the biggest field with 8 runners going over 9 jumps around 5 turns. All runners have an NSA rating 116 except #7 Prayer Hope (117) and #5 Wightman (111). #3 Ritzy A.P. is scratched.

This is Hall of Fame trainer Jack Fishers last chance to win a steeplechase race at the meet with #7 Prayer Hope. He’s won at least 1 steeplechase race every year since 2010.

Looking to the fall, Belmont will have 2 steeplechase races opening day on September 16, 2021. Pari-mutuel wagering may or may not happen at Far Hills, NJ and International Gold Cup, VA due to high costs. I’m still waiting for a final decision from the race committees. So today and Belmont are the only guarantees for Pari-mutuel wagering.

The best in the race are #4 Perfect Tapatino, #7 Prayer Hope. #4 Perfect Tapatino ran well on August 4th keeps jockey Garner and the extra distance will help. #7 Prayer Hope won a nice flat race at Colonial August 3rd and has run well in his other jump races this year. I didn’t hear anything about trainer Hendricks runners #8 West Newton and #9 Fighinirishtabit but he usually shows up with a runner so I’ll put them underneath.

The Selections:

A) 4 (2ND ran extra 94 feet) - 7 (4TH ran extra 65 feet)

C) 8 (3RD ran extra 92 feet) - 9

Good luck at the races!

Last edited by Flatterer : 09-01-2021 at 12:28 PM.