Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
that shouldn't be a problem. used to be, at least wash had a D. those days are gone.
the issue isn't the qb...the coaching...

it's the owner!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
It's all of the above. I don't know, maybe RG3 really is that insufferable, but Gruden comes off as a clown for undermining his only hope for a franchise QB at every turn.

In general it's fun to laugh at the Skins, but RG3 had one of the most impressive rookie seasons I've ever seen and it makes me sad as a football fan to see how far he's fallen since then.
If they have anything at all, it is a fairly adept run stopping defense - particularly at home - it is one of the best in the league, remarkably.

They held Tre Mason to 60 yds/0 TD's a couple weeks back and have only offered up a season high 72 yards (I believe that was to the NYG in week 4) to running backs @ FedEx Field.

LeSean is banged up and clearly doesn't want to get hit. This matchup falls square on the back of Sanchez, and with that being said I'd be sweating the sh1t out of this if I needed the Eagles to cover this week.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
Why? Defense decimated with injuries and Sanchize back to his old tricks? I'm hopeful that they'll hang 40 points on that stellar Redskin D.
They have the 7th best Rushing Defense in the NFL, and see above for their @WAS stats.

Best of luck.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
It's all of the above. I don't know, maybe RG3 really is that insufferable, but Gruden comes off as a clown for undermining his only hope for a franchise QB at every turn.

In general it's fun to laugh at the Skins, but RG3 had one of the most impressive rookie seasons I've ever seen and it makes me sad as a football fan to see how far he's fallen since then.
it was a good year.
i think some of the up and coming qb's, griffin, newton are two that come to mind, think that they have it all figured out because they did well one season...
good qb's constantly study and learn and watch tape, and continually try to improve.
as for gruden, i'd have been upset too. they'd won a couple in a row, and then the owner and gm force gruden to go back to their good buddy rg3, when he wanted to stick with what was working-and they haven't won since. so, then rg3 goes running his mouth, and i'd imagine by that point, gruden was po'd at everyone. he got overruled, griffin plays (badly) and then disses everyone else...
should gruden have gone off, probably not. but, i did see yesterday that griffin has quit social media for the rest of the season-which is what he absolutely needed to do. quit being a celeb, and get to work.
Old 12-18-2014, 05:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
it was a good year.
i think some of the up and coming qb's, griffin, newton are two that come to mind, think that they have it all figured out because they did well one season...
good qb's constantly study and learn and watch tape, and continually try to improve.
as for gruden, i'd have been upset too. they'd won a couple in a row, and then the owner and gm force gruden to go back to their good buddy rg3, when he wanted to stick with what was working-and they haven't won since. so, then rg3 goes running his mouth, and i'd imagine by that point, gruden was po'd at everyone. he got overruled, griffin plays (badly) and then disses everyone else...
should gruden have gone off, probably not. but, i did see yesterday that griffin has quit social media for the rest of the season-which is what he absolutely needed to do. quit being a celeb, and get to work.
I must have missed this. I saw one fairly innocuous comment that suggested he can't win games by himself. Which is true. The entire squad -- especially the guys who are supposed to keep him clean -- has been awful. So I can understand why he might get a little defensive when he's being badgered by the media about why HE isn't winning games on a horrendous team.

Other than that, I really haven't seen RG3 say anything that could even be construed as negative about anybody. It's been Gruden bashing him pretty much all season long and the last thing you should do when you have a potential franchise QB suffering a crisis of confidence is nitpick every little thing he does in public. I just find it very juvenile and pompous the way Gruden has handled his relationship with his young quarterback. Like I said, I know RG3 rubs people the wrong way, but the head coach is supposed to take the high road and not go bitch out his players to the media.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:30 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I must have missed this. I saw one fairly innocuous comment that suggested he can't win games by himself. Which is true. The entire squad -- especially the guys who are supposed to keep him clean -- has been awful. So I can understand why he might get a little defensive when he's being badgered by the media about why HE isn't winning games on a horrendous team.

Other than that, I really haven't seen RG3 say anything that could even be construed as negative about anybody. It's been Gruden bashing him pretty much all season long and the last thing you should do when you have a potential franchise QB suffering a crisis of confidence is nitpick every little thing he does in public. I just find it very juvenile and pompous the way Gruden has handled his relationship with his young quarterback. Like I said, I know RG3 rubs people the wrong way, but the head coach is supposed to take the high road and not go bitch out his players to the media.
When said coach is hired to straighten out a dysfunctional team, on the heels of a completely revamped offense designed to make Robert a pocket QB (which he has never been), and said experiment goes awry, AND he is still being told to stay with the "plan"....I totally get his frustration and public display of that frustration.
Robert doesn't "rub anyone the wrong way". He sucks. Or more aptly, he is in a scheme that highlights his weaknesses, because he is no longer able to do what he did great. He is never going to be what he was, due to the way he played the game and the scheme designed around that play.

I can't agree with you more about his promise. I was in attendance, in Tampa Bay in is fourth career start. Billy Cundiff had missed 3 straight FG's (and was eventually sacked for Kia Forbath) and the Skins were on the cusp of losing the game.

After the two minute warning, the "away" sideline communications had mysteriously gone out; Robert had to single-handedly orchestrate a two minute drill - by himself - in his 4th professional start- and drove the ball down-field for the win.

I thought I had seen the reincarnation of John Elway at that point in time.

Fast forward to post-injury.

It was always a recipe for disaster. The disaster just occurred way before anyone had thought/hoped.

Now you gotta pick up the pieces.

You have a top flight defensive line.
You have an adequate linebacking corps.
You need help in the Secondary.

On Offense,
You have a top flight backfield.
You have a competitive receiving corps.
When healthy, you have top flight TE's in Jordan Reed and Niles Paul.
You have a decent Special Teams package.
You need help on the O-Line. A LOT of help.
And you need a QB with pocket presence than can actually make plays down field.

And that, unfortunately, you do not have with Robert. And never will. Period.

This team is not as bad as people want to make them out to be. The ownership, while downright menacing in the past, has relinquished its control over operations. Gruden BENCHED Robert for Christ sakes. That didn't and would never have happened in the past.

The Skins are on the right path, with the right coach. Going to take some time, but they will be there again - and a lot sooner than most want to believe.

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 12-18-2014 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
This team is not as bad as people want to make them out to be. The ownership, while downright menacing in the past, has relinquished its control over operations. Gruden BENCHED Robert for Christ sakes. That didn't and would never have happened in the past.

The Skins are on the right path, with the right coach. Going to take some time, but they will be there again - and a lot sooner than most want to believe.
As a relentlessly optimistic Jet fan, I understand wanting to see the best in a bad situation.

But that team sucks. I see a running back that has fallen off the face of the earth, a few good but overpaid receivers, a terrible O-Line and a below average defense across the board. Plus a phony coach and a shattered QB. They're a long way away.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:03 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
If they have anything at all, it is a fairly adept run stopping defense - particularly at home - it is one of the best in the league, remarkably.

They held Tre Mason to 60 yds/0 TD's a couple weeks back and have only offered up a season high 72 yards (I believe that was to the NYG in week 4) to running backs @ FedEx Field.

LeSean is banged up and clearly doesn't want to get hit. This matchup falls square on the back of Sanchez, and with that being said I'd be sweating the sh1t out of this if I needed the Eagles to cover this week.
Don't need a cover. Just need a W for a large haul.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Really??

That's foolish.
Still foolish? Will be the worst push in the history of sports betting!! They were 8-3!! And of course the Giants are playing like they're 11-4!
Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
arizona ...over
atl..........under
bills.......over
carolina over
green bay....over
houston ....under
indianapoilis over
new england ....over
san diego......over

7-2, not too bad. Love Carolina this week....game of the year.

ohio st and florida state outright ..$ 200 to win $2900. hop on the gravy train
Old 12-28-2014, 07:54 PM
Fairgrounds

Got it done! Want to thank all of the DT'ers who were pulling for me.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:15 AM
Havre de Grace

any opinions on the wild card weekend games ? Everyone in the AFC stinks, without Bell, that is. Cincy, Indy, Baltimore, are basically bad. lighting up Oakland doesn't mean Manning is healthy. The Patriots on the other hand are good and getting better.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:25 AM
Havre de Grace

pats corners will handle the likes of Kearse and Baldwin easily. They'll have 4 hats on Lynch on every play. They'll keep Wilson from that funny spin move from the left with a spy, and win like Champions. They won't take their foot off the gas like Green Bay either. 34-10
Old 12-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Declan's harbor

Quote:
arizona ...over
atl..........under
bills.......over
carolina over
green bay....over
houston ....under
indianapoilis over
new england ....over
san diego......over

This for Declan's Harbor

Last edited by Alabama Stakes : 12-16-2015 at 09:52 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
This for Declan's Harbor
7-2 , not bad , still living in the past, but not bad
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Havre de Grace

the past was awesome. now we have a bunch of 18 year old kids looking down at their Iphones 24/7, instead of drinking at bars and reading the racing form like when we were 18.

Jesse Ventura is gonna end up president by legalizing weed and putting everyone to work growing it, and lowering the drinking age to 18 nationally.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:11 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
the past was awesome. now we have a bunch of 18 year old kids looking down at their Iphones 24/7, instead of drinking at bars and reading the racing form like when we were 18.

Jesse Ventura is gonna end up president by legalizing weed and putting everyone to work growing it, and lowering the drinking age to 18 nationally.
You are a funny, funny dude. I will give you that. You rubbed me (and others) the wrong way when you first got on board here at DT, but I've slowly come around with you. You're definitely a character.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Havre de Grace

I'm way better in person...even i know i suck on this medium.