Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests > Call to the Post
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Oriental Park

Default Venue for December 14

For this Saturday, I'd like to forget the cold and snow and take us someplace warm. I think that the best racing will be at Gulfstream Park, with a card that includes the Grade 2 Ft. Lauderdale, three Grade 3's - the Sugar Swirl, the Rampart and the Harlan's Holiday, and the non-graded My Charmer.

Entries should be drawn sometime on Wednesday, and after that occurs I'll plan on posting exactly which races will be on our race card.

If any of you feel that I've ignored a better choice, please don't hesitate to mention it.

Last edited by JolyB : 12-11-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:30 PM
Oriental Park

After looking at the entry list, I'd like to select Gulfstream Park as our venue for this Saturday. However, recognizing that many of us are busy this time of year with pre-Holiday activities, let's limit our contest card to Races 3 through 11. That 9 race contest card includes all 5 stakes races.

The scheduled post time for Race 3 is 1:00 PM Eastern.

Let's all do what we can to make Real Quiet work a bit harder in scoring winning tickets in the ROI. We made it much too easy for him last week.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:40 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolyB View Post

Let's all do what we can to make Real Quiet work a bit harder in scoring winning tickets in the ROI. We made it much too easy for him last week.
While, as a scorer, it's nice to get a break (for me it's when there are no scratches) I say AMEN to Real Quiet having to work a wee bit harder. That means WINNERS!
Old 12-12-2019, 10:04 AM
Havre de Grace

My play was extremely odiferous the first part of last year. I think I went from right after the Breeder's Cup until March before I had a positive return. Hope to avoid the stinky play this year, but who knows? Last Saturday's feature was an absolute gift, but I still managed to miss it. Will definitely have to play better than that.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal828 View Post
My play was extremely odiferous the first part of last year. I think I went from right after the Breeder's Cup until March before I had a positive return. Hope to avoid the stinky play this year, but who knows? Last Saturday's feature was an absolute gift, but I still managed to miss it. Will definitely have to play better than that.
odiferous . . great word. Haven't seen that since I was surrounded by those much smarter than I at Rice University.