Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Hialeah Park

Default PGA Championship at Quail Hollow

Who's everyone have??

Ive had my eyes on Fowler and Hideki ( for a while now ) to break through here for their first major ,and it just so happens they are both coming in off of white hot final rounds in the WGC-Bridgestone. Hideki put on a CLINIC yesterday, was quite fun to watch.

I love watching HM, when he hits what he considers a bad shot you can tell right away, he always reacts to them. Thing is, they arent even bad shots, they're usually great ones, but they aren't great by his standards. He's EASILY a top 5 golfer in the world. I dare someone to argue against that.

Let's hear it, gentlemen!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Saratoga

Rory has played well at QH....using him with a little Dustin Johnson and Henrik as a long shot
Old 08-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Flemington

Giving Rahm another shot with Rose and Schwartzel
Old 08-10-2017, 07:31 AM
Saratoga

Here is what I am on

Old 08-11-2017, 05:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
Rory has played well at QH....using him with a little Dustin Johnson and Henrik as a long shot
I pick golfers like I pick horses
Old 08-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Saratoga

I threw a couple of bucks in on the weekend plays. these are my two tickets for the final rounds. Good luck Jim

Rickie Fowler
Kevin Kisner
Hideki Matsuyama
Louis Oosthuizen
Patrick Reed
Gary Woodland

and

Brooks Koepka
Hideki Matsuyama
Thorbjorn Olesen
Louis Oosthuizen
D.A. Points
Justin Thomas
Old 08-12-2017, 05:01 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I threw a couple of bucks in on the weekend plays. these are my two tickets for the final rounds. Good luck Jim

Rickie Fowler
Kevin Kisner
Hideki Matsuyama
Louis Oosthuizen
Patrick Reed
Gary Woodland

and

Brooks Koepka
Hideki Matsuyama
Thorbjorn Olesen
Louis Oosthuizen
D.A. Points
Justin Thomas
Right now in the money on 3 but the Danny Lee cut hurts badly. You really need to have all players make the cut to have a shot.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:44 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Here is what I am on

1/4 $50 Bucks back... Not too good
Old 08-14-2017, 07:51 PM
Saratoga

I netted $9, I guess putting Justin Thomas on a ticket didn't hurt. It was fun...
Old 08-15-2017, 02:19 PM
Del Mar

The guy who I think is going to be the next young star is Grayson Murray. He is 23 years old but he doesn't have the mental maturiity of a Jordan Spieth or Justin Thomas. But in terms of sheer talent I think he is as good as anyone. He hits it a mile and has a good short game. I think he will win some majors. He had a good week at the PGA until late Sunday afternoon. He was tied for 5th until going 5 over for his final 10 holes.
Old 08-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Del Mar

Tiger celebrating with Justion Thomas:
https://twitter.com/TigerWoods
Old 08-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
The guy who I think is going to be the next young star is Grayson Murray. He is 23 years old but he doesn't have the mental maturiity of a Jordan Spieth or Justin Thomas. But in terms of sheer talent I think he is as good as anyone. He hits it a mile and has a good short game. I think he will win some majors. He had a good week at the PGA until late Sunday afternoon. He was tied for 5th until going 5 over for his final 10 holes.
Too many 76's are in his bag. If he can limit those blow up rounds, he has a chance, but as he stands now, he's not major caliber.

On a not-so-lighter note, I was ALL OVER Kisner before the week started. Had a friend in Vegas drop $140 to win on him and chose him in the draft that I run (along with Pieters, ... that bum). I went from looking at the cash of all cashes to losing $590 in the blink of an eye (also threw $200 down each on Hideki & Fowler)!

Last major of the year and I took a big swing and missed. I blame it on Venmo, for without how easy it is to transfer money, I would've only lost $50!

Gave me one HELL of a ride though, tough to see it crash and burn before we even hit the back 9 on Sunday though. Stomach-turning, actually.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 AM
5'8".. but all man!

I'm all over Justin Thomas. I think he has a breakthrough week.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:07 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Too many 76's are in his bag. If he can limit those blow up rounds, he has a chance, but as he stands now, he's not major caliber.

On a not-so-lighter note, I was ALL OVER Kisner before the week started. Had a friend in Vegas drop $140 to win on him and chose him in the draft that I run (along with Pieters, ... that bum). I went from looking at the cash of all cashes to losing $590 in the blink of an eye (also threw $200 down each on Hideki & Fowler)!

Last major of the year and I took a big swing and missed. I blame it on Venmo, for without how easy it is to transfer money, I would've only lost $50!

Gave me one HELL of a ride though, tough to see it crash and burn before we even hit the back 9 on Sunday though. Stomach-turning, actually.
You handicapped it great! You had a great chance for a huge score. You probably had a 70% chance of winning going into Sunday. Did you consider hedging? I think Thomas was around 20-1 going into Sunday.

I'm with you on Kevin Kisner. I've been a big fan of his and Justin Thomas for a couple of years. I think both those guys have great futures. Kisner doesn't have quite as much upside because of his age and his lack of power. But I still think he will win a ton more tournaments and possibly a major or two.

With regard to Murray, I think his lack of consistency is due more to his mental game. He is a little bit of a head case and doesn't have the same level of maturity as some of the other young players. But I think he will win a lot in the future. The other guy that I think will be a star is Patrick Cantlay.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:33 PM
Del Mar

I don't know if any of you guys ever enter the Golf Channel contest that they have every week. It's totally free but if you win I think you only win a $300 gift certificate or something like that. It's not easy to win because there are typically about 12,000 entrants. I once came in 2nd about 3 years ago. They sent me a $50 gift certificate to Golf Galaxy or one of those stores. It's a fun contest. You have nothing to lose, since it's free.

This week I think I have a chance for a good finish. I am in 325th place right now out of 10,975 people. But all 6 of my guys made the cut (I think this is the first time all my guys have made the cut this year) and several of them are playing really well. I have Grayson Murray, Patrick Cantlay, Justin Thomas, Jordan Spieth, Gary Woodland, and Camilo Villegas.

Edit: I just realized Villegas ended up missing the cut. I have no chance. You need all 6 guys to make the cut to have a legitimate chance.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 09-03-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:35 PM
Hialeah Park

Is it even possible for a human to putt better than JT did today?? His shorter putts sunk down the middle and his long drains were out of this WORLD!

That said, I'll earn a pretty little penny if the other co-leader wins, Leishman. Told my brother last weekend that ML missing the cut will be what catapults him into Fed Ex Cup mix. He laughed at me so hard that I transferred $50 to him so he can bet on him to win this week through his massively illegal wagering website that he just signed up for bc the neighborhood bookie set it up. Broadstreetbets.com lmao ....

On another note, after poker the other night myself, my brother, and his friend Derek each put $ down and had a draft for the winner of the Fed Ex Cup. The results were Derek choosing 1) DJ and 6) Fowler , I chose 2) Spieth & 4) Hideki , and my brother took 3) JT & 4) Rahm ... the degeneracy was flying high this weekend!

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-04-2017, 09:05 PM
Hialeah Park

Amazing two round run by JT. Hats off to him.

CRAZY part of yesterday was he shot as low as he did without capitalizing on any of the Par 5s. All those birdies and 3's and not one of the circles came from one of the 3 Par 5 holes on the course.

Can't WAITTTTTT for America's lineup for Presidents Cup. They're going to straight up demolish the International squad!

- Nathan Israel