Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2019, 06:47 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinguybry View Post
You have guys like baffert,beyer etc etc etc well respected guys saying it was bullshit. It cost me north of 5k and it was and will be horrible decison. The worst being that **** statement the **** stewards prepared after waiting ****ing 23 minutes to make the WRONG decison if their trying to "grow" the game with younger fans wellyou couldn't of handled that any worse. Younger people myslef included don't have the patience to be sitting around waiting for three clowns to make a **** decison. And now their promoting the **** of this 80oclm on May 18th (i mean the preakness stakes) GTFO
Just as many respected people think it was the right call. How many days are you going to carry on?
Old 05-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Just as many respected people think it was the right call. How many days are you going to carry on?
Just imagine how hard he would have taken Smarty Jones's defeat in the Belmont.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Les Bois

There's a reason the selections board has dwindled down to about a handful of guys since I've been following (2015) the game is in a death spiral and the few fans they've gained in the past few years are gone. Short of running keenenlad and Saratoga all summer there's no new fans.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:28 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
There's a reason the selections board has dwindled down to about a handful of guys since I've been following (2015) the game is in a death spiral and the few fans they've gained in the past few years are gone. Short of running keenenlad and Saratoga all summer there's no new fans.
Again, for an experienced gambler you don’t take losing very well.

Twitter has all but ruined most racing message boards. But seriously, don’t let the door hit you on your way out. Horse racing isn’t for the soft.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:36 PM
Les Bois

Dude, I've had worse beats and scores happen the other way. if they would've came out after five minutes and make the DQ You'd have alot less people (myself included) way less pissed. The grandstanding and mott chirping and Barbara whatever her face is not answering questions the whole ****ing thing was a joke. And now all the crusty old horse guys are acting as if this was the worst foul in history and saying "he's lucky he didn't wipe out half the field" well guess what HE DIDN'T you had a group of people who felt like it was their time to show america the "integrity" of the game on national tv. Guess what? It blew up in their face and it's deserved you're the head steward of Kentucky Barb not Hazel Park RIP ��
Old 05-07-2019, 07:49 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Dude, I've had worse beats and scores happen the other way. if they would've came out after five minutes and make the DQ You'd have alot less people (myself included) way less pissed. The grandstanding and mott chirping and Barbara whatever her face is not answering questions the whole ****ing thing was a joke. And now all the crusty old horse guys are acting as if this was the worst foul in history and saying "he's lucky he didn't wipe out half the field" well guess what HE DIDN'T you had a group of people who felt like it was their time to show america the "integrity" of the game on national tv. Guess what? It blew up in their face and it's deserved you're the head steward of Kentucky Barb not Hazel Park RIP ��
So why are you acting like such a cry baby? You’re mad the inquiry took too long?

No one is acting like it was the worst foul ever. But it was a foul and the correct call was made. Get over it.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:03 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
How is it one or the other? I’ve been very consistent. I’ve maintained throughout that CH wasn’t impacted. But he finished 2nd. So he was moved up because MS fouled WoW and LRT and cost them their chance at 2nd-4th.

It’s pretty obvious MS ran a better race than CH. I thought ground loss considered so did Game Winner and maybe WoW.

You’ve watched enough races to know very often the “best” horse doesn’t always win.
Okay, I’ll play.
In your estimation, and considering each trip on it’s own merit - What would have been the order of finish barring the infraction? If you say Country House would have been in the super, I know you’re jus’ trollin’
Old 05-07-2019, 08:09 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Okay, I’ll play.
In your estimation, and considering each trip on it’s own merit - What would have been the order of finish barring the infraction? If you say Country House would have been in the super, I know you’re jus’ trollin’
Just out of curiosity, when did the expected order of finish, a VERY slippery slope to ask Stewards to decide by the way, become the deciding factor?

If War of Will ( I hate abbreviations of horse's names ) had gone down, do you think a disqualification would have been warranted?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:14 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Can you be exposed when you’re 65-1 with no hope and embarrassingly outclassed by the actual winner, but get put up by a technicality because you claimed a foul when you were never touched and now have to “Walk the Walk”?
FTFY & Yes
Old 05-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Just out of curiosity, when did the expected order of finish, a VERY slippery slope to ask Stewards to decide by the way, become the deciding factor?

If War of Will ( I hate abbreviations of horse's names ) had gone down, do you think a disqualification would have been warranted?
It has nothing to do with hypotheticals. I was attempting to make a the point that the infraction occurred at a point of call in the race where it was literally impossible to determine if said infraction impacted the logical outcome of the race.

Or what Andy Breyer said.

Which, I’m admittedly paraphrasing, but yeah.

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 05-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:41 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Okay, I’ll play.
I guess I’m confused then. What are you saying exactly?

You’re agreeing and disagreeing with things I say but think I’m trolling?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
It has nothing to do with hypotheticals. I was attempting to make a the point that the infraction occurred at a point of call in the race where it was literally impossible to determine if said infraction impacted the logical outcome of the race.

Or what Andy Breyer said.

Which, I’m admittedly paraphrasing, but yeah.
Right, which is why he had to come down. How can you not see that?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
FTFY & Yes
Dude...do you think I benefitted somehow by the DQ?

It’s not like Country House has to prove anything. Who considers him the best 3 year old?

Why has this DQ caused rational people to be so irrational?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

Why has this DQ caused rational people to be so irrational?
This is a very good point.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I guess I’m confused then. What are you saying exactly?

You’re agreeing and disagreeing with things I say but think I’m trolling?
I've been very clear. There is bumping in virtually every race. There is bumping out of the gate pretty damn frequently. There is bumping through the turn, there is bumping when they straighten out to make their stretch run. It is impossible to tell whether these infractions,early on, lead to a decernable distinction as to whether said infraction impacted the out come of the race - thus there is rarely ever a change in the order of finish WHEN THE INFRACTION OCCURS THIS EARLY IN THE RACE.

What the world witnessed on Saturday was an absurd anomaly. We'll never agree on that, so enjoy whatever pleasure you derived from this absurdity.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

What the world witnessed on Saturday was an absurd anomaly. We'll never agree on that, so enjoy whatever pleasure you derived from this absurdity.
The only thing absurd is this statement....in every way.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:05 PM
Churchill Downs

Talk about a horse on a roll...and he really likes Maryland.

Alwaysmining (MD)
http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Res...752&registry=T
Old 05-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I've been very clear. There is bumping in virtually every race. There is bumping out of the gate pretty damn frequently. There is bumping through the turn, there is bumping when they straighten out to make their stretch run. It is impossible to tell whether these infractions,early on, lead to a decernable distinction as to whether said infraction impacted the out come of the race - thus there is rarely ever a change in the order of finish WHEN THE INFRACTION OCCURS THIS EARLY IN THE RACE.

But the infraction wasn’t early on. It was after 75-80% of the race had already been run.

I took absolutely no pleasure in a DQ that didn’t impact me financially. Not sure why you’d say that, but you’ve been saying wacky things for 4 days now.

Serious question...is there anything that MS could have done that would have warranted a DQ in your opinion? Would it have taken WoW falling? Maybe if he re rallied and ran 2nd? Missed in a photo for 4th?
Old 05-07-2019, 10:09 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
The only thing absurd is this statement....in every way.
This warms my heart. You should follow me on Twitter.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:21 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
But the infraction wasn’t early on. It was after 75-80% of the race had already been run.

I took absolutely no pleasure in a DQ that didn’t impact me financially. Not sure why you’d say that, but you’ve been saying wacky things for 4 days now.

Serious question...is there anything that MS could have done that would have warranted a DQ in your opinion? Would it have taken WoW falling? Maybe if he re rallied and ran 2nd? Missed in a photo for 4th?
WoW (for you, Andy) never fell. The jock admitted he had no horse. He's LITERALLY the only one IN THE RACE that had an actual bitch coming to him, yet he courteously abstained because he knew he had no horse. The jock/trainer that whined the loudest (and curiously was never fouled, not even brushed) got put up by earning nothing. Congrats. I'll never know if you or anyone else benefit from the CH getting put up, or the 7 coming down. That's inconsequential. It was a bush league call that installed a fake champion. Glad that works for you.