Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2016, 09:06 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Snedeker and Patrick Reed
The forecast is for 25 mph winds. I remember how well Snedeker played in the wind when he won in San Diego this year. You may be right about him. He could be a good longshot.

If it ends up being as windy as they are forecasting, the winning score may end up being just a few shots under par.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Flemington

Anyone but BUBBA!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Havre de Grace

Default online streams

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-...9986-golf.html

Blaise Pascal
Old 04-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Havre de Grace

Default Frosty and Karen

Fowler with a snowman on 13 👷
Old 04-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Randwyck

Ernie was hard to watch.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnSkinny View Post
Ernie was hard to watch.
He looked like 3kings putting in the bar at Tampa for dollars.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
He looked like 3kings putting in the bar at Tampa for dollars.
Ouch.....
Old 04-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Del Mar

Jason Day was playing so well. I can't believe he just went 5 over par for his last three holes. He was 5 under going into 15. Now he is back to even.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Saratoga

some big names sitting below the projected cut line...
Old 04-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Flemington

Tom Watson

all class

sure wish he beat Stewart Cink
Old 04-09-2016, 05:18 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Tom Watson

all class

sure wish he beat Stewart Cink
I think even Stewart wishes that had happened.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:25 AM
Randwyck

Looks like we may be poised to get the kind of Sunday finish we're looking for. The leading entry on the Draft Kings wager has DeChambeau on their ticket. The windy conditions and a freeze warning for Sunday morning are creating the makings of a perfect storm.
DeChambeau is pretty amazing, looks like anyone making the cut is still within the realm of possibility.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Havre de Grace

Good to see a tourney where the pro's don't go 20 under and rip the course apart; should be classic .

Blaise Pascal
Old 04-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Del Mar

I got so unlucky. For round #2, bookmaker.eu was offering a bet as to who would shoot the low round for the day. There were tons of really good players at good odds. I wanted to take a shot with someone who was maybe 50-1, or higher. Rafa Cabrera Bello was 50-1. But the guy I really wanted to take a shot with was Troy Merrit. There were plenty of guys who were over 100-1 and Troy Merrit would have definitely been well over 100-1. I went up and down the list looking for Troy Merrit, so I could throw $10 on him. He wasn't on the list. They offered odds on 65 guys out of the 89 guys in the field, but Merrit was not one of them. Guess who ended up tying for the low score of the day? Troy Merrit. I can't believe they didn't have a line on him, considering they had lines on practically everyone else in the field. Bad break for me. That would have been nice to cash that bet.

Since Merrit was not on the list, I ended up throwing $10 on Cabrera Bello at 52-1. He played ok. He shot 73. The low score for the day ended up being 71. The four guys that shot 71 were, McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Daniel Berger, and Troy Merrit.

Edit: I just realized I don't think I would have won the bet. I'm looking at that same bet for today, and I see that in case of a tie, it is the player with the most eagles (if that's a tie, then most birdies). Yesterday, none of the four guys had an eagle. Dustin Johnson had the most birdies, so I guess I would not have gotten paid on the Troy Merrit bet, if I would have gotten down. Although yesterday I did not see the mention of a tie-breaker, so I don't know for sure.

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 04-09-2016 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:55 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I got so unlucky. For round #2, bookmaker.eu was offering a bet as to who would shoot the low round for the day. There were tons of really good players at good odds. I wanted to take a shot with someone who was maybe 50-1, or higher. Rafa Cabrera Bello was 50-1. But the guy I really wanted to take a shot with was Troy Merrit. There were plenty of guys who were over 100-1 and Troy Merrit would have definitely been well over 100-1. I went up and down the list looking for Troy Merrit, so I could throw $10 on him. He wasn't on the list. They offered odds on 65 guys out of the 89 guys in the field, but Merrit was not one of them. Guess who ended up tying for the low score of the day? Troy Merrit. I can't believe they didn't have a line on him, considering they had lines on practically everyone else in the field. Bad break for me. That would have been nice to cash that bet.

Since Merrit was not on the list, I ended up throwing $10 on Cabrera Bello at 52-1. He played ok. He shot 73. The low score for the day ended up being 71. The four guys that shot 71 were, McIlroy, Dustin Johnson, Daniel Berger, and Troy Merrit.
How does it work when there are ties, would they divide those odds by 4? I have my own story... I have 5 entries in the DK 4 million game. My best is 197.5 in the money at this point. I am also playing a H2H against a friend and my entry is at $238 one would think I would be smart enough to have replicated that in the 4 million but no I am an idiot.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:29 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
How does it work when there are ties, would they divide those odds by 4? I have my own story... I have 5 entries in the DK 4 million game. My best is 197.5 in the money at this point. I am also playing a H2H against a friend and my entry is at $238 one would think I would be smart enough to have replicated that in the 4 million but no I am an idiot.
I actually edited my post about 10 minutes ago. I was just looking at the same bet for today, and it says that there is a tie-breaker. It says the tie-breaker is most eagles (and if that ties, most birdies). I did not notice anything about tie-breakers being mentioned yesterday. So I'm not sure if I just didn't notice it, or whether they simply didn't mention it. In hindsight, I assume there was a tie-breaker yesterday. If that is the case, I would not have won the bet. None of the 4 guys made any eagles, but Dustin Johnson had the most birdies.

I made a couple of small bets for today. I took Merrit at 65-1 and Cabrera Bello at 60-1. I was surprised to see that Spieth is 14-1. But then I realized it is because the wind is supposed to be quite a bit worse in the afternoon, so there is a good chance that the low score for the day will be from someone who tees off early. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Scott or Watson have the low score for the day. But I didn't bet either one of them simply because I was looking for a bigger price.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:34 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I actually edited my post about 10 minutes ago. I was just looking at the same bet for today, and it says that there is a tie-breaker. It says the tie-breaker is most eagles (and if that ties, most birdies). I did not notice anything about tie-breakers being mentioned yesterday. So I'm not sure if I just didn't notice it, or whether they simply didn't mention it. In hindsight, I assume there was a tie-breaker yesterday. If that is the case, I would not have won the bet. None of the 4 guys made any eagles, but Dustin Johnson had the most birdies.

I made a couple of small bets for today. I took Merrit at 65-1 and Cabrera Bello at 60-1. I was surprised to see that Spieth is 14-1. But then I realized it is because the wind is supposed to be quite a bit worse in the afternoon, so there is a good chance that the low score for the day will be from someone who tees off early. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Scott or Watson have the low score for the day. But I didn't bet either one of them simply because I was looking for a bigger price.
My observation is that on weekend especially Sunday guys battling for the lead are massive underlays to shoot lowest score of day. Bright lights and added pressure I guess.

Last edited by jms62 : 04-09-2016 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 10:45 AM
Havre de Grace

My cousin Dave is the punk deterrent for Rory and Speith today. Big Dave the peacemaker loves the ponies and is a huge fan of the Byk Boss man
Old 04-10-2016, 08:55 AM
Flemington

Only 3 rounds in the 60's among the top 10 players. Augusta National is winning.
DJ has no pressure today, 67 and he wins. Whistling Straights be damned.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Del Mar

Amateur Romain Langasque shot 31 (5 under) on the back 9 today. That means the course is obviously playing much easier today. I think we will see some very good scores today. I think it is quite conceivable that we see one of the guys in contention shoot 5 or 6 under today.