Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 03:10 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
The only people I "turned off" were myopic Ranger fans that didn't want to believe their team was inferior to the Lightning - and kept running their mouths even when they were getting beat down.

Post script - They still are inferior to the Lightning and likely will be for a long, long time.

Also pointed out that I don't give a flying rats asz what anyone - not from here - thinks about this city, it's fan base, or how much disposable income people that don't reside in a large market are will to part with to attend a game.

Senseless drivel that a few butt hurt Ranger fans felt the need to resort to when reality bitch slapped them across the face. It was really kinda funny.

So again, if sticking up for this team and this area in the face of a barrage of insults from RANGAAAH trolls makes me a "loudmouth", then guilty as charged. I really could not possibly care any less.

Wow...LOL...Truly sorry you can't get over it.
i'm not a rangers fan....oh, wait...

according to you, i'm not a fan at all.
at any rate, i'm sorry you guys lost. it's not a great feeling to be so close and have it all go up in smoke.

but i did find your above post about being an adult ironic, considering all you wrote in the entire thread.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:15 PM
Saratoga

I just want to add that I have never been a hockey fan or watched games on TV.....but I did watch the Cup games when my freakin cable (comcast sucks) was working, I missed game 4. My son and I watched game 3 on the road travelling, nice bonding moment . Now I must admit, I wished it would have gone to Game 7 so I could have watched just one more game before it was over.....I think the NHL just gained a new fan, me......not sure if I will ever be a one team supporter but I will be a fan......and like horse racing, all the comments and opinions I read here help me to pay attention and learn a little each time I watched a game. I cant wait until next season starts!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I just want to add that I have never been a hockey fan or watched games on TV.....but I did watch the Cup games when my freakin cable (comcast sucks) was working, I missed game 4. My son and I watched game 3 on the road travelling, nice bonding moment . Now I must admit, I wished it would have gone to Game 7 so I could have watched just one more game before it was over.....I think the NHL just gained a new fan, me......not sure if I will ever be a one team supporter but I will be a fan......and like horse racing, all the comments and opinions I read here help me to pay attention and learn a little each time I watched a game. I cant wait until next season starts!
Go see a game in person it makes a big difference. Hockey translates the worst of all major sports on TV. If you enjoyed it on TV you will be blown away by the live product.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:53 PM
Randwyck

I want to takeover the NBA!

http://wgntv.com/2015/06/16/this-man...st-weve-heard/
Old 06-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Go see a game in person it makes a big difference. Hockey translates the worst of all major sports on TV. If you enjoyed it on TV you will be blown away by the live product.

it is so great live. been going since i was a kid. i was 7 when the caps started.
my husband had no idea about hockey. we didn't have him watch it on tv, we took him to a game. he's been hooked now for almost 30 years. it is far and away the best thing to see live-football on the other hand is best watched on tv. i settle for watching hockey on tv. no matter where they put the cameras, they can't get the whole rink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
welcome to the club! where i live now, hockey fans are very few and far between. when someone says 'i don't get the rules' i tell them, give me two minutes and i can explain it all.

as for becoming a new fan of something..i've actually watched a bit of the nba finals, hoping for golden state to win. but, the squeaking shoes drive me NUTS.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
lol
that's funny there.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Right on there. Really awesome live!!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:27 AM
The Curragh

I haven't seen this much back and forth since RHT posted his $200 DD picks 5 minutes after the race went final

-bt-
Old 06-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Exactly. I personally have a hard time following the game on TV, I just don't understand it well enough to know 'plays' or being able to anticipate like I can with football, basketball, and baseball.

That said, in terms of a live product, it might be my favorite to go to live, especially Blackhawk games.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Exactly. I personally have a hard time following the game on TV, I just don't understand it well enough to know 'plays' or being able to anticipate like I can with football, basketball, and baseball.

That said, in terms of a live product, it might be my favorite to go to live, especially Blackhawk games.
What I hate is when the cameraman loses the puck, and I'm waiting for him to find it.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Dee Tee Stables

"Emergency crews pulled a man from the Chicago River Thursday night after he reportedly jumped in to save his Blackhawks cap, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and appeared in good condition. The police wrapped the victim in a black blanket and life vest — and let him wear his cap.

Two million people paraded through Chicago on Thursday for a rally at Soldier Field, celebrating the Blackhawks' first Stanley Cup win on home ice since 1938. —Jeva Lange"
Old 06-19-2015, 09:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
"Emergency crews pulled a man from the Chicago River Thursday night after he reportedly jumped in to save his Blackhawks cap, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The man was taken to the hospital as a precaution and appeared in good condition. The police wrapped the victim in a black blanket and life vest — and let him wear his cap.

Two million people paraded through Chicago on Thursday for a rally at Soldier Field, celebrating the Blackhawks' first Stanley Cup win on home ice since 1938. —Jeva Lange"
Has anyone spoken to Hooves to see if he's alright?
Old 06-19-2015, 10:11 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Has anyone spoken to Hooves to see if he's alright?
Talked to him yesterday. He's at Gulfstream with Mr. Simon and all is well.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Fairgrounds

Breaking.
http://nypost.com/2015/06/30/arizona...der-new-owner/
Old 06-30-2015, 09:46 PM
Hialeah Park

Seriously....how long will that last?
Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Seriously....how long will that last?
Well...
I was hoping they'd stay, and the league would add two teams to the west, even it up again.
I don't know if Vegas will work, but it can't be worse than az, can it?
Old 07-01-2015, 05:38 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
Not so fast! The NHL is Vehemently Denying the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-issues-stern-d...eport-1.322432
Old 07-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Not so fast! The NHL is Vehemently Denying the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-issues-stern-d...eport-1.322432
That means it's true....Bettman and Coyotes back pedaled way too quickly.

Done deal!!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:37 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil View Post
That means it's true....Bettman and Coyotes back pedaled way too quickly.

Done deal!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Coyotes under this ownership are a joke, having to trade for Chris Pronger's contract simply to get to the Cap Basement? Don Maloney has done amazing job under those circumstances. But you will need to hook me up when the Rangers come to town!
Old 07-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. Coyotes under this ownership are a joke, having to trade for Chris Pronger's contract simply to get to the Cap Basement? Don Maloney has done amazing job under those circumstances. But you will need to hook me up when the Rangers come to town!
You got it. I've got 2 of those 13,500 early deposit tickets.