Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2015, 09:43 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Lucky goal?...you had a great push in the first but not much after that. No chest bumping, but TB threw it all in and then became a turtle. I'M sorry......you really think you can win 4 out of 6 against these guys?
I was referring to the lucky goal that dribbled in to put the Rangers up 1 game to none in the last series....from the posts here, you'd have thought they were already wheeling out the Stanley Cup for them.

As far as last night - Tampa owned Chicago for the first 12 minutes, then inexplicably went into some sort of a defensive mode which took them completely out of their game. Did Cooper really think that 1 goal was going to hold up?!

I can't explain it...just like I can't explain why Bishop stood halfway between the net and the bench for a full minute and a half, when the Lightning were already controlling the puck in Chicago's zone, before heading off.

They had control of the zone and were down a goal with 3 minutes left, you need to give your team a chance...Was he really that afraid of losing 3-1 instead of 2-1 ?

Strangest game I've seen them play all year by miles....
Old 06-04-2015, 10:00 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I was referring to the lucky goal that dribbled in to put the Rangers up 1 game to none in the last series....from the posts here, you'd have thought they were already wheeling out the Stanley Cup for them.

As far as last night - Tampa owned Chicago for the first 12 minutes, then inexplicably went into some sort of a defensive mode which took them completely out of their game. Did Cooper really think that 1 goal was going to hold up?!

I can't explain it...just like I can't explain why Bishop stood halfway between the net and the bench for a full minute and a half, when the Lightning were already controlling the puck in Chicago's zone, before heading off.

They had control of the zone and were down a goal with 3 minutes left, you need to give your team a chance...Was he really that afraid of losing 3-1 instead of 2-1 ?

Strangest game I've seen them play all year by miles....
I think Game 2 will be much more of an even, up and down the ice game. TB won't dominate the first period this time, but I don't think they will play afraid in the third either. But they need to get their big boys going or start shaking lines up a bit..well..just because you need to once in a while.

Hawks looked tired early ( and TB was on fire ) so not sure if Q will keep Towes and Kane split or start them like last night. I'm thinking they stay split, at least for a while.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:20 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
face it when the hawks push the button they can win on demand.the ultra lucky re direct was the only 'spark' lol.the fact that crawford is playing well really kills the chances for the lightning.
jesus Matt..don't go and do a RHT on them please
Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Maybe a lil Richie has worn off on me but I'm saying nothing till the cup is raised.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:32 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
wow thats cold..ill take it down just for you bob..non believer bob
Old 06-04-2015, 12:36 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
wow thats cold..ill take it down just for you bob..non believer bob
Three more to go and I'm a believer..just a cautious one
Old 06-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
I think Game 2 will be much more of an even, up and down the ice game. TB won't dominate the first period this time, but I don't think they will play afraid in the third either. But they need to get their big boys going or start shaking lines up a bit..well..just because you need to once in a while.

Hawks looked tired early ( and TB was on fire ) so not sure if Q will keep Towes and Kane split or start them like last night. I'm thinking they stay split, at least for a while.
Agree Bob. I think Brenden Morrow said it best in the paper this morning:

>>>"There's a fine line between respect and fear," veteran wing Brenden Morrow said. "Give (the Blackhawks) respect. Can't fear them. It looked like in the third we were holding on, (we) feared maybe what might happen.

"We learned our lesson here."<<<

Look for a completely different Lightning team Saturday.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:47 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:

>>>"There's a fine line between respect and fear," veteran wing Brenden Morrow said. "Give (the Blackhawks) respect. Can't fear them. It looked like in the third we were holding on, (we) feared maybe what might happen.

its a matter of talent..you can change any attitude you wish..the hawks played your team just as they wanted..let them burn out..and we take over..if you look at game 7 they took the game over from the puck drop and drove the ducks in the ground.. wishfull thinking rude..
Old 06-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Louisiana Downs

The Hawks win this series in a walk. It took them four games to figure Anaheim out, caught them in regulation just before the end of the third period only to have a bad pass from Bickel cost them in OT. They then dominated games six and seven putting the second best team in hockey away for the year.Tampa is a fine team but they're not the Ducks and they certainly aren't the Blackhawks. Not on experience, not on grit, not on depth and not on talent. Hoofs is spot on. I'll be surprised if this series goes five games. It looks more like a sweep. I'd love to see it go to the sixth game with the Hawks clinching at home. I would make a killing scalping my seats but I'll take a series winner any way it comes.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:37 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin View Post
The Hawks win this series in a walk. It took them four games to figure Anaheim out, caught them in regulation just before the end of the third period only to have a bad pass from Bickel cost them in OT. They then dominated games six and seven putting the second best team in hockey away for the year.Tampa is a fine team but they're not the Ducks and they certainly aren't the Blackhawks. Not on experience, not on grit, not on depth and not on talent. Hoofs is spot on. I'll be surprised if this series goes five games. It looks more like a sweep. I'd love to see it go to the sixth game with the Hawks clinching at home. I would make a killing scalping my seats but I'll take a series winner any way it comes.
I would hope you would only sell 3/4 as you can't miss that! And make sure the Section dress code rules are enforced so that any DEvil Ray Jersey's are confiscated immediately. This includes anything that says "Joe Madden".
Old 06-05-2015, 08:40 AM
Belmont Park

Its "Joe Maddon", and he is already forgotten here. Good luck with his super-sized ego and average managerial talent - In the end he'll cost you more games than he'll win...we're just fine without him.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's twin View Post
Barnie, Can you truncate this post so it will fit in a signature when the Lightning crush? Thanks in advance
Old 06-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Its "Joe Maddon", and he is already forgotten here. Good luck with his super-sized ego and average managerial talent - In the end he'll cost you more games than he'll win...we're just fine without him.
I'm a Sox fan, thus the error
Old 06-05-2015, 10:54 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

Is that quote gonna get Morrow and the rest of the bottom six to stop sucking so hard? Or get any D-man other than Hedman to be an impact player? Spinning a cliche postgame quote into the reason Tampa is suddenly gonna turn into something they're not is a pretty funny brand of self-delusion.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:02 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Is that quote gonna get Morrow and the rest of the bottom six to stop sucking so hard? Or get any D-man other than Hedman to be an impact player? Spinning a cliche postgame quote into the reason Tampa is suddenly gonna turn into something they're not is a pretty funny brand of self-delusion.
I'm trying to come up with something new, Joey. I was originally going to go with something like, "If all of our starters didn't have either a hangnail or a bad hair day we would be playing better" - but you already cornered the market
Old 06-06-2015, 08:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

What's up with bishop, replaced for the second time tonite?
Old 06-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Saratoga

That was exciting.... Coming from a not so hockey fan, can't wait for game 3
Old 06-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Saw earlier that tam was perfect in game 2s this post season. I figured they'd win, because no way they lose both at home.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Good forTB to get a win and better for Chicago to get the split. Pretty even game with a weak Crawford goal the winner. Triplets showed up but not sure what's up with Bishop....wish he had stayed in....it would be 2-0
Old 06-06-2015, 11:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Good forTB to get a win and better for Chicago to get the split. Pretty even game with a weak Crawford goal the winner. Triplets showed up but not sure what's up with Bishop....wish he had stayed in....it would be 2-0
Leg issue i think.