Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Lightning played fine and deserve to move on to the SCF. Bishop made like 2.5 OK saves. They have as good a top 6 as any in the NHL.

But holy cow, was that an uninspired effort in front of Hank in a Game 7 at home. Add that to the no-show in Game 5 and this is hard to stomach from a Presidents' Trophy winning team.

If I'm Lundqvist, I'm seriously, seriously disappointed.
I felt awful for him last year in the last game. Actually was hoping ny would win, just for henrik. I know hes just got to be sick...
Old 05-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Lightning played fine and deserve to move on to the SCF. Bishop made like 2.5 OK saves. They have as good a top 6 as any in the NHL.

But holy cow, was that an uninspired effort in front of Hank in a Game 7 at home. Add that to the no-show in Game 5 and this is hard to stomach from a Presidents' Trophy winning team.

The first 56 minutes were average for NYR, which doesn't work in Game 7 but what really stood out to me was the last 4 minutes...Where was the swarming, the desperation?? Very strange from such a solid club.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Havre de Grace

Post game interview with rangers coach revealed McDonogh has a broken foot and it didn't numb up for this game properly. Give credit to TB though,very resilient play.

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-30-2015, 11:39 AM
Flemington

Brutal. I miss the old Garden, they would not have put up with that lackluster effort.

Congrats Dan
Old 05-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:

There was zero excuse for him letting in the first goal. So the case could be made that the same sentiment could be said for the team. Granted, I don't follow the Rangers but I couldn't be more impressed by them. As I mentioned last night, Hagelin and Nash are amazing. They were no 2 players on the ice more responsible for keeping the Rangers in the game last night.

Marty needs to go away, the same with Yedlin. The rest of that team is rock solid- though as blasphemous as it may sound and as capable as Henri is - he cost the Rangers the series in the end. It's not like great goalies grow on trees, but I would be grooming Talbot next year to see what you have in him, instead of hitching my wagon to Lundqvist all season.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:24 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

if the hawks win tonite tampa will get crushed
Old 05-30-2015, 12:25 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Brutal. I miss the old Garden, they would not have put up with that lackluster effort.

Congrats Dan
Thanks Tom - I thought it came down to controlling the neutral zone again, which the Rangers did fairly effectively - the problem was when they didn't the Lightning sent 4 forwards all night and swarmed like hornets. Visually it appeared as though the Rangers were out played, but I contend that what I intimated at the beginning of the series was eventually their undoing - in the end, they had no answer for Tampa's speed.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
if the hawks win tonite tampa will get crushed
Keep dreaming Matt. Neither one of the two goalies in the West final can hold Hank's jock. Which ever victim it happens to be, they are going to get lit up like they've never seen.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Keep dreaming Matt. Neither one of the two goalies in the West final can hold Hank's jock. Which ever victim it happens to be, they are going to get lit up like they've never seen.
you cant out play our first two lines..you may get some goals but so will we..if we continue to hit like we have had to in this series your team will look silly after two games..but congrats on getting there.if we lose tonite your team will be pummeled into dust on the boards..the ducks are brutal.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
There was zero excuse for him letting in the first goal. So the case could be made that the same sentiment could be said for the team. Granted, I don't follow the Rangers but I couldn't be more impressed by them. As I mentioned last night, Hagelin and Nash are amazing. They were no 2 players on the ice more responsible for keeping the Rangers in the game last night.

Marty needs to go away, the same with Yedlin. The rest of that team is rock solid- though as blasphemous as it may sound and as capable as Henri is - he cost the Rangers the series in the end. It's not like great goalies grow on trees, but I would be grooming Talbot next year to see what you have in him, instead of hitching my wagon to Lundqvist all season.
nobody to blame for the first goal, all on him, and that's the only one the bolts needed.
soul searching time for this team, and it might start in net. The team is capable of getting to highest level, but can't get over the hump. I don't think they can afford to trade Talbot, as he's clearly the future, maybe sooner then people want to admit or expect. Highest paying guy on the team, you gotta look from the top down here, or start bringing in players who don't disappear after the regular season ends

-bt-
Old 05-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

I thought the rangers just looked tired. They blew their wad game six, and just had nothing left.
Whether ducks or hawks, i think they will beat tampa.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:

Hank was THE ONLY reason it was 0-0 going into the 3rd. He made big save after big save and all his team had to do was give him one good period. First goal was definitely soft but if it weren't for Hank it would've already been 4-0 at that point. Those were two disgraceful performances to get shut out on home ice in Games 5 and 7 and Hank is the last person who should get the blame.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Hank was THE ONLY reason it was 0-0 going into the 3rd. He made big save after big save and all his team had to do was give him one good period. First goal was definitely soft but if it weren't for Hank it would've already been 4-0 at that point. Those were two disgraceful performances to get shut out on home ice in Games 5 and 7 and Hank is the last person who should get the blame.

He's the main reason they got so far. But he can't score....
Old 05-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post

He's the main reason they got so far. But he can't score....
I get it. You're fans. (at least one of you are fans - the other doesn't want to believe that the Capitals would have been DESTROYED by this team)...

He's not the "main reason" you "got this far".

He is "A" reason you got this far. And "THE" reason you gave up too many soft goals in a series that was waaaay too evenly matched for him to do so, and also be successful in his teams's pursuit.

Last edited by Rudeboyelvis : 05-30-2015 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:50 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
nobody to blame for the first goal, all on him, and that's the only one the bolts needed.
soul searching time for this team, and it might start in net. The team is capable of getting to highest level, but can't get over the hump. I don't think they can afford to trade Talbot, as he's clearly the future, maybe sooner then people want to admit or expect. Highest paying guy on the team, you gotta look from the top down here, or start bringing in players who don't disappear after the regular season ends

-bt-
Exactly Brian. Well said.
Old 05-30-2015, 08:11 PM
The Curragh

Somebody tell Anaheim the game started at 8pm. Jesus
Old 05-30-2015, 08:18 PM

run it up boys
Old 05-30-2015, 11:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Watched the game at an Irish pub in Sioux city...decent food. Drinks were good, but you can't go wrong with Jameson's.
Ducks looked flatfooted from the initial puckdrop...or maybe Chicago just made them look inept. They played a complete game. Go hawks.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:44 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I get it. You're fans. (at least one of you are fans - the other doesn't want to believe that the Capitals would have been DESTROYED by this team)...

He's not the "main reason" you "got this far".

He is "A" reason you got this far. And "THE" reason you gave up too many soft goals in a series that was waaaay too evenly matched for him to do so, and also be successful in his teams's pursuit.

Youre just sore cause I think tb loses.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:44 AM
Keeneland

In my opinion the difference between the two teams is one team has been there, done that, and the other team hasn't. (Don't think any Bolt's were around in 2004) Love the way the Hawks won last night, on the road and more importantly how they considered the victory nothing special other than it meaning a chance at the cup.

Rest up boys and let's take this early.

BTW Some Saturday coming up with a possible triple crown as a matinee and a Hawks game following.