Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Oriental Park

By the way, why does the suspension not include this weekend? Is that an attempt to push the suspension to Belmont day (where Saez has a couple horses that may enter the race - Global Campaign, Maximum Security and presumably mounts on horses in other races) but not include the Preakness (where Saez won’t be riding)?

And given the rule where the suspension is shortened if you don’t appeal, the Belmont magically becomes available if Saez doesn’t appeal it.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but this suspension stinks.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
By the way, why does the suspension not include this weekend? Is that an attempt to push the suspension to Belmont day (where Saez has a couple horses that may enter the race - Global Campaign, Maximum Security and presumably mounts on horses in other races) but not include the Preakness (where Saez won’t be riding)?

And given the rule where the suspension is shortened if you don’t appeal, the Belmont magically becomes available if Saez doesn’t appeal it.

I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but this suspension stinks.
I believe that Saez has the right to appeal & therefore can ride until the the appeal is made and decision rendered. This may take some time and it would push back the dates to a better time frame for him to take the days if the appeal is not successful . - like during the winter at the big A .

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Keeneland

While I agree with the DQ and thought the suspension was excessive...this article provides some food for thought.

https://www.horseracingnation.com/bl...suspension_123

I like Saez a lot as a rider and think he’s one of the best right now. I also don’t view him as being what I would consider reckless...but that is a lot of suspensions. So many layers to all of this.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:17 PM
Havre de Grace

Default legal options for Saez

Sports Illustrated article on the possible options and strategies for Saez

https://www.si.com/horse-racing/2019...y-interference

Blaise Pascal