Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen
Dont get mad here folks I was just trying to give you guys an opinion on the race in which I have no vested interest in. But I do wish you guys All the luck in the world.

I am not rooting against your filly I just feel she is still overmatched in this spot. if I were betting the race (which I am Not) I would Play the 2,3,4 In exacta's.

Comeon Guys you have to admit that a filly that broke her Maiden for 15K at Montaineer Park this is a pretty Ambitious spot.
From a handicapping Stand point She is going to have to run a lifetime best Beyer Just to hit the board. Plus the fact that she has never passed a horse from the 3/8.s pole to the wire does not bode well. One other point in order for Sumone to go wire towire here she is going to half to run a half somewhere around 46 and change and she has never shown she can do that.

And if I am wrong about this analysis I will be he first to eat a little Crow(it wont be the First time)
why is it when some people are involved in something that they are excited about, someone (or more than one at times) feels the need to come in say something to bring everyone down? there are hundreds of races to cap, to offer an opinion. i don't feel that your motives here are pure as the driven snow-sometimes it's best if folks keep their opinions to themselves, i think this qualifies as one of those times.
you know, that old saying, if you can't say something nice, say nothing.... but for some reason you couldn't limit yourself to just saying 'good luck'.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen
Dont get mad here folks I was just trying to give you guys an opinion on the race in which I have no vested interest in. But I do wish you guys All the luck in the world.

I am not rooting against your filly I just feel she is still overmatched in this spot. if I were betting the race (which I am Not) I would Play the 2,3,4 In exacta's.

Comeon Guys you have to admit that a filly that broke her Maiden for 15K at Montaineer Park this is a pretty Ambitious spot.
From a handicapping Stand point She is going to have to run a lifetime best Beyer Just to hit the board. Plus the fact that she has never passed a horse from the 3/8.s pole to the wire does not bode well. One other point in order for Sumone to go wire towire here she is going to half to run a half somewhere around 46 and change and she has never shown she can do that.

And if I am wrong about this analysis I will be he first to eat a little Crow(it wont be the First time)
I'm sure if you had a horse like Sumwon , you would FEEL the same way we do...and put your HEART (that she will win no matter what) ahead of your MIND (handicapping angle). I think this explains OUR reasoning about your post.

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 04-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
why is it when some people are involved in something that they are excited about, someone (or more than one at times) feels the need to come in say something to bring everyone down? there are hundreds of races to cap, to offer an opinion. i don't feel that your motives here are pure as the driven snow-sometimes it's best if folks keep their opinions to themselves, i think this qualifies as one of those times.
you know, that old saying, if you can't say something nice, say nothing.... but for some reason you couldn't limit yourself to just saying 'good luck'.
Zig, and other Partners, et al...

In some cases we've had people say things here, and elsewhere, with only one negative intent. 'Round Pen' though, I can assure everyone, DOES wish us well and has a world of knowledge on which to base his comments. He is involved in racing in a big way and has been responsible for many a good horse...

The spot Sumwon is in makes sense FOR OUR PURPOSES with the Stable, and that's what is difficult for a lot of people to see. I'll remind anyone looking in that there is only one person with an on-going FINANCIAL stake in Sumwon, and that is Chuck Simon. We bought her as a group, BUT NO ONE IS PAYING THE DAILY FREIGHT HERE, except Chuck. He has a plan and rationale for doing what he is with the filly and is keeping the Partners in mind while making the calls so we have maximum opportunity to get together at racetracks and he has the opportunity to offset his expenses.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept

In some cases we've had people say things here, and elsewhere, with only one negative intent. 'Round Pen' though, I can assure everyone, DOES wish us well and has a world of knowledge on which to base his comments. He is involved in racing in a big way and has been responsible for many a good horse...

The spot Sumwon is in makes sense FOR OUR PURPOSES with the Stable, and that's what is difficult for a lot of people to see. I'll remind anyone looking in that there is only one person with an on-going FINANCIAL stake in Sumwon, and that is Chuck Simon. We bought her as a group, BUT NO ONE IS PAYING THE DAILY FREIGHT HERE, except Chuck. He has a plan and rationale for doing what he is with the filly and is keeping the Partners in mind while making the calls so we have maximum opportunity to get together at racetracks and he has the opportunity to offset his expenses.
yeah, i know chuck is the only one at risk here financially...so i'm hoping that sumwon helps him out a bit! i just feel frustrated at times, when some who either don't know, don't understand, or just don't care about the why's of where she's running and come and put in their acidic two cents.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept

Exactly, and in the process we may have stumbled into one of the easiest $50K claimers you will ever see at Churchill Downs so I think people can forgive us for getting excited at the prospect of her actually having a shot at winning a race where we all thought she'd probably be in over her head.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Exactly, and in the process we may have stumbled into one of the easiest $50K claimers you will ever see at Churchill Downs so I think people can forgive us for getting excited at the prospect of her actually having a shot at winning a race where we all thought she'd probably be in over her head.
I guess there's two choices: start and work up through conditions, or take a bit of a high shot and drop down until you get into the comfort zone.

The first gets the filly claimed, the second doesn't.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I guess there's two choices: start and work up through conditions, or take a bit of a high shot and drop down until you get into the comfort zone.

The first gets the filly claimed, the second doesn't.

I totally agree. And as Shadow mentioned, we like to think she will be a better horse under the care of Chuck and crew.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Sure hope no one got mad when I mentioned her last effort was a toss. My intent was to be supportive.

What she did at Mountaineer has nothing to do with what she will do under new managment. it's a new day full of promise.

I think Sumwon can earn a check this time. She'll probably be the favorite after the stable puts their money down.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
yeah, i know chuck is the only one at risk here financially...so i'm hoping that sumwon helps him out a bit! i just feel frustrated at times, when some who either don't know, don't understand, or just don't care about the why's of where she's running and come and put in their acidic two cents.
i'd say for most of us, this is the first chance we've ever had to be part of ownership? maybe even the last chance? who knows?
whether true or not id rather NOt read comments like R-P's. wish us good luck and let it at that OR don't say anything at all.

we had to cancel our trip to the race, you guys know HOW BAD it's KILLING me to sit here?.... geeeeez!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
calll me crazy, but i'm thinking about driving in saturday, and then back sunday....10 hours one way. yikes.

someone talk me out of it....

oh boy--drive to churchill, see a horse race, drive back. 20 hours of driving for less than two minutes of racing.
hmmmmmmmmmmm.

i must be going nuts, i haven't decided it's a bad idea yet
hey partner i did so give it a whirl. i'd be down there this sunday also but going down for derby weekend. to close to drive 40 hours in 3 days lol
Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
Sorry you can't make it this time.

Pdrift had a 10 hour drive each way (I think he said Minnesota). So we should have had a prize for longest drive.
hey it was nice meeting you at kenneland. i hope we get her in the winners circle so you can get your pic taken. i know that would make your day could you do me a favor and pick me up a daily racing form and program, i'll pay you for both, but maybe you left already thanks anyways. have a safe trip
Old 04-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
hey partner i did so give it a whirl. i'd be down there this sunday also but going down for derby weekend. to close to drive 40 hours in 3 days lol
lol
maybe next time-tony is working this wknd, didn't want to make the attempt on my own.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
lol
maybe next time-tony is working this wknd, didn't want to make the attempt on my own.
i understand, i'll be rooting like you will while watching hrtv. lets cross our fingers
Old 04-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrift1
i understand, i'll be rooting like you will while watching hrtv. lets cross our fingers
already have the timer set to tune in and record. kids and i will be here watching...pea green with envy for those who get to see it all unfold live.