Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2007, 12:11 PM
Keeneland

Let's get the lime green and navy school bus gassed up, and the hospitality 'fridge stocked!

GO DEE TEE STABLES !
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Washington Park

Gas Up The Company Van And Im Gone!!
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
No, I didn't win a hat. I already had a hat. And I have been wearing that hat ever since for luck and refuse to take it off until Sumwon wins.

j/k
Thank goodness you don't have lucky underwear .....
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Thank goodness you don't have lucky underwear .....
How do you know that I don't have lucky underwear?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Dee Tee Stables

calll me crazy, but i'm thinking about driving in saturday, and then back sunday....10 hours one way. yikes.

someone talk me out of it....

oh boy--drive to churchill, see a horse race, drive back. 20 hours of driving for less than two minutes of racing.
hmmmmmmmmmmm.

i must be going nuts, i haven't decided it's a bad idea yet
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Oriental Park

I'm debating making the ride in from Pittsburgh. Would probably stay overnight and head right into the office Monday. If I decide to I will leave my contact info.

Tom
Old 04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
calll me crazy, but i'm thinking about driving in saturday, and then back sunday....10 hours one way. yikes.

oh boy--drive to churchill, see a horse race, drive back. 20 hours of driving for less than two minutes of racing.
hmmmmmmmmmmm.

i must be going nuts, i haven't decided it's a bad idea yet
By the time you fill your tank 6 times, you could probably afford a plane ticket from Little Rock to SDF.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman5581
By the time you fill your tank 6 times, you could probably afford a plane ticket from Little Rock to SDF.
yeah, just was at travelocity--but if i drive, my kids could go as well....

what to do....would be fun, til i had to get up at 3 am monday to go to work. then, then i would say, what the hell was i thinking?!
Old 04-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig

No way I'm going to try and talk you out of it, 'Zig, you gotta do it and be here!

I drive 14 hours out to WY or NM all the time, piece of cake! Just get a friend to come with.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstable
How do you know that I don't have lucky underwear?
I have lucky underwear. Lucky underwear, good.

I just don't want to know that someone has worn their lucky underwear since Sumwon's last race!

Hat? Lucky hat - good!
Old 04-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Bowie

where's the meeting spot?
Old 04-26-2007, 11:43 PM
Detroit Race Course

This place is cavernous. The courtyard area between the grandstands and the paddock is easy to find. There is a statue of Aristides in a small green space. Also a budlight stand close by. What do you think?
Old 04-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Hollywood Park

that sounds good to me. time? right after the first race?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:00 AM
Arlington Park

we've had something come up and are not going to be able to make it in this weekend .
everyone travel safe and have a good time.
we'll be at the OTB cheering for our girl!

OH, IF someone needs a room, country inn and suites on crittenden should have something, i just called and cancelled ours.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Narragansett Park

We can't make this one ... please take some pics for us.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM
Keeneland

Satan's Twin and I will be there. Just going to fly in and out for the day. Might have to leave a little early for the return trip but looking foward to it. I think Chuck may be easier to spot than the statue. See ya all Sunday.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i've decided to stay home this time. i'm exhausted, it's been a long week. i'll watch our gal on hrtv, and hope for the best. those of you going, have a GREAT time!! i'm sure you will...hopefully the weather will be beautiful.

maybe we'll be there for the next one.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:36 PM
Aqueduct

Dont get mad here folks I was just trying to give you guys an opinion on the race in which I have no vested interest in. But I do wish you guys All the luck in the world.

I am not rooting against your filly I just feel she is still overmatched in this spot. if I were betting the race (which I am Not) I would Play the 2,3,4 In exacta's.

Comeon Guys you have to admit that a filly that broke her Maiden for 15K at Montaineer Park this is a pretty Ambitious spot.
From a handicapping Stand point She is going to have to run a lifetime best Beyer Just to hit the board. Plus the fact that she has never passed a horse from the 3/8.s pole to the wire does not bode well. One other point in order for Sumone to go wire towire here she is going to half to run a half somewhere around 46 and change and she has never shown she can do that.

And if I am wrong about this analysis I will be he first to eat a little Crow(it wont be the First time)
Old 04-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Washington Park

Would YOU Like Salt And Pepper On Your Crow?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round Pen
Dont get mad here folks I was just trying to give you guys an opinion on the race in which I have no vested interest in. But I do wish you guys All the luck in the world.

I am not rooting against your filly I just feel she is still overmatched in this spot. if I were betting the race (which I am Not) I would Play the 2,3,4 In exacta's.

Comeon Guys you have to admit that a filly that broke her Maiden for 15K at Montaineer Park this is a pretty Ambitious spot.
From a handicapping Stand point She is going to have to run a lifetime best Beyer Just to hit the board. Plus the fact that she has never passed a horse from the 3/8.s pole to the wire does not bode well. One other point in order for Sumone to go wire towire here she is going to half to run a half somewhere around 46 and change and she has never shown she can do that.

And if I am wrong about this analysis I will be he first to eat a little Crow(it wont be the First time)
Sure we're a little enthusiastic in our appraisals of our gal, but there are several things going our way that make me think that she can, indeed, not only run a lifetime best Beyer, but also run in a style that fits in with this race.

First of all, you probably have not seen the pictures from when we got Sumwon at auction and compared them to recent pictures. Even in photos, its clear that she's flourished under Chuck's care. She's grown a bit and filled out, but she's also very fit (you can see it by the definition in the muscles in her rear end) and healthy (you can see it in the dapple of her coat). She might be in the best shape of her life.

Secondly, she's been learning how to rate, so her running style can be more versatile if the scenario calls for it, but she's also got some speed so she can try to steal it on the front end if the opportunity is there. And, she's learned how to change leads, which can add maybe a couple of lengths to her earlier efforts, which weren't that bad (her maiden win plus three 2nds).

She outran her odds two races back, and this last race was a throwout but a great conditioner, as can be seen from her last workout, which was her best one ever since we've owned her.

Finally, no matter what, we'll still love her because SHE'S OUR HORSE.