Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Sha Tin

Default The morning after

Sumwonlovesyou came out of her race in good shape. She did not eat up all her feed last night but only left a handful and her legs are good. She was still a little weary but that is to be expected. Steve and a few of the partners come by this morning and feed her some candy which she ate up happily. I think that the race on the 29th will be where we point her for for the time being and we will adjust our schedule if she does not seem up to it. We will probably work her once before the race most likely about a week before. If any one is going to be around during the Derby week let me know and we can make arrangements for you to come by and see her.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 AM
Gulfstream Park

that is very good news chuck, glad 2 hear she came outta it ok!!!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Santa Anita

I am very happy to hear this! I am glad that she came back healthy and safe and just tired. It was probably a good experience for her.

We all still luv ya girl and will always root for you!

Thanks for the update Chuck.

P.S. I will catch you in baseball! You think you can hold this woman back. I am going to have a talk with Chuckie; Jason Jennings; and Daniel Cabrera. They are going to pitch awesomely for the rest of the season and maybe pitch me a perfect game once or twice just so I can get those points back.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:01 AM
The Curragh

Chuck,
I watched the race on Capital OTB...all things considered I did not think that she ran that bad...With the conditions being what they were do you have a feel for how she liked running on the grass?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Saratoga

Chuck, thank you for the update, although I could not be there yesterday was an exciting day. I look forward to better days and hope she gets to New York at some point. She is still a work in progress and patience has its rewards. I was just wondering what you thought about the post regarding her failure to change leads. Keep up the good work, can't win them all!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Hialeah Park

Hey Chuck, do you go straight from Churchill to Saratoga or do you have a stop in between?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payson Dave
Chuck,
I watched the race on Capital OTB...all things considered I did not think that she ran that bad...With the conditions being what they were do you have a feel for how she liked running on the grass?
She seemed to handle the grass fine
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Keeneland

Thanks for the update, glad she's doing okay this morning, and seems happy in herself

I couldn't believe the great physical change that's occured in her over the past few weeks - she's bigger, far better and more evenly muscled, seems better balanced rear to front in her muscling, coat looks much better. You can tell she's been fitted up for distance vs sprint <g>

Yesterday you were mentioning the jocks comments after the race, can you repeat those? I think you said he told you she did switch leads readily for him?

It was GREAT meeting everyone yesterday, I really had alot of fun with the fellow DT'ers, and of course huge thanks to Chuck and Steve, both gracious and open, for giving us this wonderful, fun opportunity to have a more vested interest in the sport
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Hey Chuck, do you go straight from Churchill to Saratoga or do you have a stop in between?
I am planning on bring 10 to Saratoga right after CD ends. Of course that would not preclude us from running just about anywhere on the Eact coast or midwest
Old 04-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Thanks for the update, glad she's doing okay this morning, and seems happy in herself

I couldn't believe the great physical change that's occured in her over the past few weeks - she's bigger, far better and more evenly muscled, seems better balanced rear to front in her muscling, coat looks much better. You can tell she's been fitted up for distance vs sprint <g>

Yesterday you were mentioning the jocks comments after the race, can you repeat those? I think you said he told you she did switch leads readily for him?

It was GREAT meeting everyone yesterday, I really had alot of fun with the fellow DT'ers, and of course huge thanks to Chuck and Steve, both gracious and open, for giving us this wonderful, fun opportunity to have a more vested interest in the sport
Graham said he did not have any problems with her leads. Said she ducked out when the horse crossed over in front of her at the top of the stretch. Thought she may like a firmer course.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Graham said he did not have any problems with her leads. Said she ducked out when the horse crossed over in front of her at the top of the stretch. Thought she may like a firmer course.
I watched the replay a couple times this morning, yes, I can see that now. Did he feel she was rating well for him? Can't tell from the replay on the net.

Is Cherie happy with how her girl is doing?
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 04-12-2007, 12:28 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Just from what I saw... it took a while. He gave her a jerk or two about a third of the way down the stretch and she finally went over to the right one.

That Quiet Action stayed on the wrong lead all the way down the stretch.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Hollywood Park

I don't know "exactly" when she switched....I just know she crossed the finish line hitting with her left.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Hialeah Park

That's good stuff.
Though i'm not a partner on this adventure, I wish all the best.
Heck, I've had some clunkers....too many.
It's a tough game.
Thanks for the thrills, and please keep her happy.
Hope is just around the next turn, and then it all comes down the stretch.
Good luck!