Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2019, 12:50 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
It’s impossible for you to watch videos of the DQ and think he didn’t have room unless you’re trolling or need new glasses. You’ve followed the sport for a long time so my guess is you’re trolling. Not interested in playing that game with you.
I said the same thing at the beginning. The proof is clear as Day. I'm not saying MS didn't come out, but the one hoss came out first. If the 1 doesn't come out, nothing would have happened.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:03 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I said the same thing at the beginning. The proof is clear as Day. I'm not saying MS didn't come out, but the one hoss came out first. If the 1 doesn't come out, nothing would have happened.
Like I said, not interested in engaging you. You’re never right about anything and this is no different.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:06 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
You didn't watch the head on bro it is clear as day who is at fault here. It actually should insult your intelligence that Gary West would choose to present a pan SHOT after Maximum Security had already caused the foul as some sort of "New Angle".
Old 05-13-2019, 01:45 PM
Calder Race Course

another piece of evidence the lawyer submitted

Old 05-13-2019, 01:50 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
You didn't watch the head on bro it is clear as day who is at fault here. It actually should insult your intelligence that Gary West would choose to present a pan SHOT after Maximum Security had already caused the foul as some sort of "New Angle".
Intelligence? It's not often you hear that in the same sentence as me.

How many paths was it that the 1 came out?
Old 05-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Like I said, not interested in engaging you. You’re never right about anything and this is no different.
You used to be good. Not much lately though. Maybe you can show us all how smart you still are and come up with a couple of winners.
Old 05-13-2019, 01:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You used to be good. Not much lately though. Maybe you can show us all how smart you still are and come up with a couple of winners.
The multiple double digit winners I posted on Derby Day weren’t enough for you?
Old 05-13-2019, 02:16 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
The multiple double digit winners I posted on Derby Day weren’t enough for you?
Didn't realize you were releasing until it was too late. Though on a side note, I am on a heater since you came back. When you're around, things go well. So please do stick around.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Didn't realize you were releasing until it was too late. Though on a side note, I am on a heater since you came back. When you're around, things go well. So please do stick around.
I’ll be sure to leave then
Old 05-13-2019, 02:42 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I’ll be sure to leave then
Why ? You want me to win don't you? I want you to win.
Old 05-13-2019, 02:48 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Why ? You want me to win don't you? I want you to win.
Please stop.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:44 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Say what you want about the DQ this is most absurd ruling I've seen yet.
This is even more absurd...

Saez, who is currently riding at Belmont Park, was represented at the May 10 film review by Louisville, Ky., attorney Ann Oldfather. Oldfather, who was not allowed to address the stewards at the May 10 session, had presented the stewards with a video that made the argument other riders and horses caused or contributed to the foul. The stewards offered no assurances they would view the video.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Santa Anita

At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if anti-DQ folks suddenly find video "proving" War of Will killed Kennedy.

I'm reminded of the song "Cell Block Tango" from the musical 'Chicago.' "He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times..." It's a weird framing that some are trying to do to make Maximum Security the victim somehow. Blaming War of Will or Tyler is just unfair. I don't see how they weren't denied an impressive run. Whether it would've won, who can say when they're trying to get that 10th furlong, but you can't help but watch WoW and get excited for what he's attempting to do...until he isn't and because of MS.

I don't expect the length of Saez's suspension to stick if Maragh was able to negotiate down his Belmont days (and I still think his move was purposeful), but I was surprised we hadn't heard of something til now.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:28 AM
Keeneland

Question for the Gaffalione and WoW bumped MS from behind crowd. After the race Saez was very clear in explaining the horse ducked out because he was spooked by something in the crowd.

Isn’t his word enough? Wouldn’t he have known if a horse from behind him bumped him and wouldn’t he have said as much at the time?

The narrative has been changed by the West’s, a divorce attorney and other people. But if you take Saez at his word, he’s never said Gaffalione and WoW did anything. He said his horse was spooked by something in the crowd.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if anti-DQ folks suddenly find video "proving" War of Will killed Kennedy.

I'm reminded of the song "Cell Block Tango" from the musical 'Chicago.' "He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times..." It's a weird framing that some are trying to do to make Maximum Security the victim somehow. Blaming War of Will or Tyler is just unfair. I don't see how they weren't denied an impressive run. Whether it would've won, who can say when they're trying to get that 10th furlong, but you can't help but watch WoW and get excited for what he's attempting to do...until he isn't and because of MS.

I don't expect the length of Saez's suspension to stick if Maragh was able to negotiate down his Belmont days (and I still think his move was purposeful), but I was surprised we hadn't heard of something til now.
:Leader in the Clubhouse for Derby Trail Line of Year. Does his suspension even matter since he isn't a regular rider at Churchill Downs? Am I not reading this correctly...
Old 05-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
:Leader in the Clubhouse for Derby Trail Line of Year. Does his suspension even matter since he isn't a regular rider at Churchill Downs? Am I not reading this correctly...
I believe other tracks also respect the suspension , so he could not ride anywhere. ?

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-14-2019, 09:33 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Jim this is what I read

"If Saez's appeal is not successful, he will not be able to ride at any track during the 15-day period, which includes the dates May 23-27, May 30-June 2, June 6-9, and June 13-14."
Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Jim this is what I read

"If Saez's appeal is not successful, he will not be able to ride at any track during the 15-day period, which includes the dates May 23-27, May 30-June 2, June 6-9, and June 13-14."
I hope he wins his appeal as this is ridiculous.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:55 AM
Flemington

Quote:
I hope he wins his appeal as this is ridiculous.
Stupid question, but who hears the appeal?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Jim this is what I read

I didn’t realize other tracks honor the suspension. This is just ridiculous. Like Steve said this morning, this just makes the stewards look worse, not better, in the case for the DQ.