Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

DT: Kev's wannabe internet dating service since 2005.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Flemington

I liked Rose too, but my opinion changed today- HORRENDOUS! Hard to see a legit excuse for that. Roman Chappa got 5 years for the buzzer. Not comparing the two incidents in any way, but a 6 month ban does not seem long enough to me. That is just plain cruel, and it's the last thing horse racing needs right now. WTF was he thinking?
Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Arlington Park

i've always like JR but what the heck was he thinking? no explaination is goin to help. i hate to say i don't think 6 months is long enough.

now here's an odd thought. WHAT IF, that was one of our horses? if the joc is lucky CS gets to him first, there might be some left for the rest of us.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Golden Gate

If he is truly guilty. BAN HIM. You don't do that to a horse. No matter what. JMO
Old 06-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
i've always like JR but what the heck was he thinking? no explaination is goin to help. i hate to say i don't think 6 months is long enough.

now here's an odd thought. WHAT IF, that was one of our horses? if the joc is lucky CS gets to him first, there might be some left for the rest of us.

if it was one of ours....i'd be in jail. absolutely no reason for that. i think he completely lost his mind.

and it does him NO favors at all that he has said not one word-no apologies, no remorse--not that it would do much good right now. he's not only shown that he's stupid and cruel, but unrepentant as well.

i think he should be suspended for quite a bit longer than six months, and i think he should have to do community service at an animal rescue...for starters!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:

Just think if it was Pacman Jones beating that horse!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Just think if it was Pacman Jones beating that horse!
well, jerry jones would still want him.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt
I'm biased obviously, since I like the jock, but even with the head on, I think there's at least a chance the guy didn't do it with intent.
Ok, really??? Seriously???? Ray Charles could see that he did it because he was pissed that the horse almost dumped him by lugging into the other horse!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Quote:

Hey I am from south Louisiana, you dont what to know what we would do to him if he did that crap to one of our horses. them swamps is deep, deep I tell ya!!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i know i'll be in the minority on this but i'd ban him for life if it were my call.
Are you talking about Rose or PG1985?
Rose I could see.....but a lifetime without PG1985?
I'd be pissed.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
i know i'll be in the minority on this but i'd ban him for life if it were my call.
Same here...
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Are you talking about Rose or PG1985?
Rose I could see.....but a lifetime without PG1985?
I'd be pissed.
i should not be the website joke anymore, im handicapping pretty good latley, and i post all my plays well in advance
Old 06-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Can I ask a question? In all seriousness, is it not at all even remotely possible that the whip in question was an accident? If Rose comes out and says it was an accident, do we just completely dismiss it? Again, I know I'll get slammed again for even asking the question, but I don't understand why folks won't even consider that there is perhaps another side to the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs11204
i think it was a accident, i doubt rose did this on purpose... i was going to post that earlier, but to be honest was afraid of the response from everyone else.
Proof enough slotdirt?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig
morty'll eat him for lunch.
Dude, you are so wrong. PG will make his head explode.

I could probably get +10,000 in a head to head matchup on PG vs Morty, and I think I'd be a mortal lock!
Old 06-25-2008, 01:01 AM
The Curragh

Even if it was an accident, it just shows how careless Rose is.

I agree with everyone else though that there's no excuse.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
A jockey can't make any money when he's suspended.

A trainer basically gets a vacation. It would be one thing if cell phones didn't exist - and races couldn't be watched on tv or the Internet - or the trainer's help is so incompetent that they can't be left unsupervised.

The horses just run in someone elses name and the show goes on the same as always.
They have really cracked down on that. They try to make sure that the trainer does not get paid during the suspension. They will even check bank accounts sometimes. Sometimes they will stipulate that the trainer is to have no contact with the barn and they will sometimes check phone records.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
They have really cracked down on that. They try to make sure that the trainer does not get paid during the suspension. They will even check bank accounts sometimes. Sometimes they will stipulate that the trainer is to have no contact with the barn and they will sometimes check phone records.
That's pretty funny.

Even trainers should be able to figure out a way around having their phone records checked!

1. Borrow a phone.
2. Skype.
3. Vonage under someone else's name.
4. Email.
5. Webcam video.

And on, and on, and on...
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
They have cracked down on illegal drugs and stimulants too. I'm pretty sure most trainers could find the ingenuity to keep in contact with their barn and owners after a suspension. These are the same people who were hiding the use of illegal drugs etc. in the first place.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Who is the "they" cracking down on this that would have the authority to do all these things to check on a trainer? I just find it hard to believe track or racing officials could gain access to phone records, bank account info, etc... I think you're probably right that an effort is being made to make sure a suspension is upheld and adhered to, I just doubt it can be examined to that extent.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:17 AM
Oaklawn

To me, Rose appeared to act out in anger or frustration. While it's certainly a human thing to do.. and I'm guilty of it nearly every day, there's no excuse for taking it out on the horse. I agree with the penalty. Lifetime banishment seems excessive, unless he repeats the offense in ANY WAY after he is reinstated. Either way, his name is going to be Mudd for a long while.. if not for the rest of his career.