Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Gilchrist said he will assess Lost in the Fog's condition when he returns to California, but did not rule out the possibility that the Smile may have been the 4-year-old's last race.
Well ... I guess that sort of confirms what I surmised.

Lost Like A Fraud "won" an Eclipse Award ... and he's from the Danzig branch of the Northern Dancer line ... and he's got Secretariat, Ribot, and Native Dancer in his pedigree ...

... that's enough to sweet-talk some eager, wealthy investors into buying into a syndicate. It won't be a $100 million dollar syndicate ... but if you can get $5 million or even $3 million ... that's a heckuva lot more than this fraud will ever win in ungraded stakes races at Golden Gate.

Dontcha think?

Yeah ... it'll be "bone chips" and "for the good of the horse" ... any day now.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
LITF's record speaks for itself. He won 10 races in a row ...
And Andy Kaufman won 73 wrestling matches in a row.

I guess old Andy was about the best wrestler there ever was.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:01 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
I'd like someone to name me a horse who has had a more impressive campaign the last few years than that. I don't know if there are any. If there are, you can count them on one hand.
Hmmm ... I can't think of a horse who did a better job of whipping his opposition ... but ...

... I remember on "Seinfeld" the way Kramer mopped the floor with his karate schooll classmates.

Yup ... I'd say Kramer was the equivalent of Lost Like A Fraud.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
I'd have to say BB is wrong in this case. This horse was simply the best 3 year old sprinter in the world last year and never lost to another 3 year old until the BC Classic. Most horses are frauds. Silver Train can't run away from Belmont Park, he is even skipping SAratoga this year. I call him more of a fraud then Lost in the Fog. Lava Man is a fraud. He can't run away from California. Perfect Drift is a fraud, he rarely wins. Funny Cide is a fraud, he rarely wins any more. Songster is a fraud. He can't run in slop. Bernardini is a fraud. He rarely runs and got beat his first out proving his frauddom. Secretariat was a fraud, who got exposed by Jerkins twice showing what a fraud he was. Mayan King is a fraud, he finished 13th of 13 in freaking Iowa. Brass Hat is a fraud, he is hurt again. Bold Ruler especially was a fraud, nice race in the biggest race in America. He failed miserably on the biggest stage in America just as Fog did. His other races carrying 800 lbs simply don't matter. Scratch them.

Every single thoroughbred is a fraud BB, it can be proven by me over and over by virtually anyone. You think this is superior thought process you are using here to make people mad. Wow, scintillating! Your useless whining about your genius is stupid and insane. It seems you are more obsessed with the people on the other forum than we are with you!
Much agreed, horseofcourse. As others have already pointed out, LITF traveled extensively last year, and if other challengers decided not to show up, you can't really blame him. Is he the best sprinter ever? Of course not. At the same time, his record last year was incredibly impressive and he's still managed to win this year despite losing his edge. He's not tops this year, but it's ignorant to knock last year when he clearly was the best sprinter on the block. How many other horses in the BCS even ran that often or traveled that much? It had to take a toll on him sometime, and it happened in the BCS. He had one bad race and 10 good ones. What a "fraud".
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtrekker
Much agreed, horseofcourse. As others have already pointed out, LITF traveled extensively last year, and if other challengers decided not to show up, you can't really blame him. Is he the best sprinter ever? Of course not. At the same time, his record last year was incredibly impressive and he's still managed to win this year despite losing his edge. He's not tops this year, but it's ignorant to knock last year when he clearly was the best sprinter on the block. How many other horses in the BCS even ran that often or traveled that much? It had to take a toll on him sometime, and it happened in the BCS. He had one bad race and 10 good ones. What a "fraud".
Irish,
Well said.
Only one fraud here. I won't mention any name.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:11 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Every single thoroughbred is a fraud BB, it can be proven by me over and over by virtually anyone. You think this is superior thought process you are using here to make people mad. Wow, scintillating! Your useless whining about your genius is stupid and insane. It seems you are more obsessed with the people on the other forum than we are with you!
Before last year's BC Sprint ... Lost Like A Fraud was being acclaimed by the goo-goos as being the fastest thing since Dr. Fa-ger ... faster even.

His reputation as a "great" horse was equivalent to Andy Kaufman's as a wrestler or Cosmo Kramer as a karate champion ... it was based on easy wins over a dreadful bunch of chumps.

The first time he faced a quality field ... Lost Like A Fraud cracked like an egg going into a soufflé. And he did it again yesterday.

Bottom line ... this horse is just cheap speed who looks good against chumps ... and that's nowhere near comparable to real quality horses who have the occasional bad day.

And as far as that "other" forum's members concerned ... they're the ones who are following me to this one ... not vice versa ... as well they should ... because their lives are dark and bitter without the inspiration and enlightenment I provide to their miserable existences.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
And Andy Kaufman won 73 wrestling matches in a row.

I guess old Andy was about the best wrestler there ever was.
What are you talking about? LITF was winning graded stakes races all over the country. You can't accuse a horse of running against nobody when they are running all over the country in graded stakes races.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:17 AM
boldruler

They don't give out Eclipse awards to frauds. He has a grade 1, multiple grade 2's and his times were pretty impressive. Overhyped, yes, fraud, no. They have been the beneficiary of some weak fields, but primarily because horses avoided him. He is the Kings Bishop, Riva Ridge, Bay Shore and Swale winner. Pretty good in my opinion.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishtrekker
What you say about his racing against whomever showed up last year is absolutely true. He can't be faulted because his rivals were godawful.

But ... on the other hand ... astute observers recognized the weakness of his opposition and wanted to see how he'd do against quality sprinters. And ... even though the BC Sprint field was way, way weaker than in most previous years ... we all saw what happened. And if that wasn't convincing enough ... what happened yesterday brought it all home.

Meanwhile ... our intelligence was being insulted ... and our characters were being assaulted ... by naïve goo-goos who had already declared him to be faster than Pegasus.

Lost In The Fog benefited from being born in a year when there we no good sprinters his age. If he had been born a year later ... we never would have heard of him.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldruler
They don't give out Eclipse awards to frauds. He has a grade 1, multiple grade 2's and his times were pretty impressive. Overhyped, yes, fraud, no. They have been the beneficiary of some weak fields, but primarily because horses avoided him. He is the Kings Bishop, Riva Ridge, Bay Shore and Swale winner. Pretty good in my opinion.
The Eclipse Award for best sprinter ... should go to the horse who was the best sprinter ... not to the horse who had the most wins against the softest opposition.

Last year ... Lost In The Fog wasn't even one of the ten best sprinters ... much less THE best sprinter. The award was a joke ... and the fraud of it all was borne out again yesterday.

In his entire career ... which ended yesterday ... he never beat a quality sprinter ... and never would have ... because he was incapable of doing so.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
I cant wait to watch this race today (Tom Fool) at belmont. Once again Belmont is showing why it is clearly the premier track in the country. Its also one of the least biased race track out there. Any running style can win. And people wonder why so many horses ship there.
Homer Pyle
Old 07-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
I'd have to say BB is wrong in this case. This horse was simply the best 3 year old sprinter in the world last year and never lost to another 3 year old until the BC Classic. Most horses are frauds. Silver Train can't run away from Belmont Park, he is even skipping SAratoga this year. I call him more of a fraud then Lost in the Fog. Lava Man is a fraud. He can't run away from California. Perfect Drift is a fraud, he rarely wins. Funny Cide is a fraud, he rarely wins any more. Songster is a fraud. He can't run in slop. Bernardini is a fraud. He rarely runs and got beat his first out proving his frauddom. Secretariat was a fraud, who got exposed by Jerkins twice showing what a fraud he was. Mayan King is a fraud, he finished 13th of 13 in freaking Iowa. Brass Hat is a fraud, he is hurt again. Bold Ruler especially was a fraud, nice race in the biggest race in America. He failed miserably on the biggest stage in America just as Fog did. His other races carrying 800 lbs simply don't matter. Scratch them.

I think you could be a substitute teacher for Danzig.I can't believe 2 people could write in almost the exact same style,but it's possible.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just got back in--was going to reply to the absolutely ridiculous post that started all this, but i don't think i can say anything more than what was already said.

lost in the fog: 14 starts 11 wins (6 of them graded stakes) $978k won. eclipse winning sprinter. oh yeah, that's fraudulent. may i ever own anything that comes close to resembling this 'fraud'.

oh, and such absolute BRAVERY by the original poster of this thread....why, only the TRULY TALENTED would go out on a limb to choose a loser. much more useful than anyone who puts up the WINNER.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I think you could be a substitute teacher for Danzig.I can't believe 2 people could write in almost the exact same style,but it's possible.

you really think we're similar? i like the posters sarcasm, i must admit! but please scuds, don't start another is this poster that poster deal. i barely have the time to post at all, let alone invent a second id.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
Three nice horses who like this track(E Breeze,L M Alone,and LITF)

Scuds- Leave Me Alone hasnt won a race since the Test at Saratoga almost 1year ago, shes had 7 or 8 tries. Her form the last couple months has been an utter mess. Shes lost miserably at Belmont, Churchill and now Calder in her last 3.

Not sure about the other 2 hosses you mentioned but Leave Me Alone needs a vacation, its not the track.
The only horse who won on the lead all day was the 2 year old maiden in the last race.Ignore bias if you choose to.Many people ignore surface condition in their cap'n.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
you really think we're similar? i like the posters sarcasm, i must admit! but please scuds, don't start another is this poster that poster deal. i barely have the time to post at all, let alone invent a second id.

Yes,the style is quite similiar(or I would never have mentioned it.) Now, did I say you are the same person? No.Only one Annie Oakley type on here.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

well thank goodness for that! i enjoy being one of a kind.....i mean, sheesh scuds. just think if you had to deal with two of me!
Old 07-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Flemington

Quote:
well thank goodness for that! i enjoy being one of a kind.....i mean, sheesh scuds. just think if you had to deal with two of me!

Well, I can imagine it.I could handle it.My btch been cranky this week(with the other dogs,)and then sure enough she started to bleed about Thursday.
I Like her too much to take away the option of having some of her kids.When my little red male was aggressive,I had him fixed(and regret it.)
Old 07-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
lost in the fog: 14 starts 11 wins (6 of them graded stakes) $978k won. eclipse winning sprinter. oh yeah, that's fraudulent. may i ever own anything that comes close to resembling this 'fraud'.
Andy Kaufman ... 74 wrestling matches ... 73 wins ... multi-millionaire ... World Intergender Champion ... nothing fraudulent about that either.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
... eclipse winning sprinter. oh yeah, that's fraudulent.
Honesty Test ...

Do you believe that Lost In The Fog was the best sprinter in the U.S.A. in 2005 ... that is ... if all the best sprinters ... of any age ... ran against each other at 6f at weight-for-age ... and they all ran their best races ... do you believe that Lost In The Fog would have won?